[solved] Relate battle char animation/weapon to a skill (sideview battle)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Lupinos, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Lupinos

Lupinos Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Hi community,

when I started setting up a new skill type (shooting) for a new class called sharp shooter, I stumbled up on the problem that, when my char uses this skill (type), it plays the default hit animation without any weapon. I searched the whole database but only thing I could find was, that I can relate a skill type to the casting animation for spells.

I also tryed the "Weapon Skill" plugin and searched this forum for a plugin, but could not find anything which suits my needs.

What I want is, that if the char uses a skill from that certaion skill type (in this case "shooting") it shall use the related weapon/animation. In this case drawing the rifle or gun to shoot.

If I would have the skills to program in Java I'd do it myself but I am not familiar to scripting, so I would like to ask one of you to program such a script. :)

Thanks for the attention and best regards.

Lupi

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2015
  2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think you misunderstood how the assignment is organized.

If a skill type is assigned to magic in the system tab of the database, it will not use any weapon animation.

If a skill type is NOT assigned to magic, then it will use the animation and weapon pictures of the actors equipped weapon type as set by the [sV] Attack Motions in the system tab.

So what you need to do is make one or more weapon types for the use of those "shooting" skills (or use the existing weapon types like bow for that), and assign the pictures you want to those weapon types.

3. Lupinos

Lupinos Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Yes! That is what I thought too. But it does not.

I created the weapon type "Rifle", set the animation type in the System Tab (and for the normal Attack it works) and assigned it to this shooting skill to be the weapon type which has to be equipped to use the skill, but still it shows the "unequipped" attack animation and not the weapon. ^^

Edit: "Shooting" is not assigned to Magic in the System Tab. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2015
  4. Eisenwain

Eisenwain Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    I have this problem too, i cant relate weapons to skills

Lupinos likes this.
  5. Njalm2

Njalm2 Villager Member

First Language:
    Norwegian
    As do I, and I've made sure that none of the weapon-based skillsets are associated with magic (the magic skillset is the only one that is thus far). For whatever reason, the character uses default casting animations when executing the techniques, although they do not "chant" beforehand.

Lupinos likes this.
  6. Lynks

Lynks Villager Member

First Language:
    Swedish
    I am new to rpg maker myself, but maybe I can help. Have you used Yanfly's action sequence that detects what kind of weapon the user has and uses the animation accordingly for the regular Attack? I had, and I found that it clashed with my other special ability that used the same sequence. Maybe that could be your problem too

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2015
  7. Lupinos

Lupinos Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    When I opened this topic I haven't had Yanfly's Action Sequences installed yet. I haven't even used the Battle Engine Core. (Now I do though. ^^)

8. Lynks

Lynks Villager Member

First Language:
    Swedish
    Ohh, my bad. I installed them almost right away. Hahah

9. Eisenwain

Eisenwain Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    So if i install yanfly"s engine it will work?

10. Lupinos

Lupinos Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Yes it will. You need the Battle Engine Core and the Action Sequences. It will give you the possibility to relate the motion animation to your skill via notetags.

I also just found out. lol