Lupinos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hi community,

when I started setting up a new skill type (shooting) for a new class called sharp shooter, I stumbled up on the problem that, when my char uses this skill (type), it plays the default hit animation without any weapon. I searched the whole database but only thing I could find was, that I can relate a skill type to the casting animation for spells.

I also tryed the "Weapon Skill" plugin and searched this forum for a plugin, but could not find anything which suits my needs.

What I want is, that if the char uses a skill from that certaion skill type (in this case "shooting") it shall use the related weapon/animation. In this case drawing the rifle or gun to shoot.

If I would have the skills to program in Java I'd do it myself but I am not familiar to scripting, so I would like to ask one of you to program such a script. :)

Thanks for the attention and best regards.

Lupi

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I searched the whole database but only thing I could find was, that I can relate a skill type to the casting animation for spells.

What I want is, that if the char uses a skill from that certaion skill type (in this case "shooting") it shall use the related weapon/animation. In this case drawing the rifle or gun to shoot.
I think you misunderstood how the assignment is organized.

If a skill type is assigned to magic in the system tab of the database, it will not use any weapon animation.

If a skill type is NOT assigned to magic, then it will use the animation and weapon pictures of the actors equipped weapon type as set by the [sV] Attack Motions in the system tab.

So what you need to do is make one or more weapon types for the use of those "shooting" skills (or use the existing weapon types like bow for that), and assign the pictures you want to those weapon types.

Lupinos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
If a skill type is NOT assigned to magic, then it will use the animation and weapon pictures of the actors equipped weapon type as set by the [sV] Attack Motions in the system tab.

So what you need to do is make one or more weapon types for the use of those "shooting" skills (or use the existing weapon types like bow for that), and assign the pictures you want to those weapon types.
Yes! That is what I thought too. But it does not.

I created the weapon type "Rifle", set the animation type in the System Tab (and for the normal Attack it works) and assigned it to this shooting skill to be the weapon type which has to be equipped to use the skill, but still it shows the "unequipped" attack animation and not the weapon. ^^

Edit: "Shooting" is not assigned to Magic in the System Tab. ;)

Eisenwain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I have this problem too, i cant relate weapons to skills

Njalm2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
As do I, and I've made sure that none of the weapon-based skillsets are associated with magic (the magic skillset is the only one that is thus far). For whatever reason, the character uses default casting animations when executing the techniques, although they do not "chant" beforehand.

Lynks

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
I am new to rpg maker myself, but maybe I can help. Have you used Yanfly's action sequence that detects what kind of weapon the user has and uses the animation accordingly for the regular Attack? I had, and I found that it clashed with my other special ability that used the same sequence. Maybe that could be your problem too

Lupinos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
I am new to rpg maker myself, but maybe I can help. Have you used Yanfly's action sequence that detects what kind of weapon the user has and uses the animation accordingly for the regular Attack? I had, and I found that it clashed with my other special ability that used the same sequence. Maybe that could be your problem too
When I opened this topic I haven't had Yanfly's Action Sequences installed yet. I haven't even used the Battle Engine Core. (Now I do though. ^^)

Lynks

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Ohh, my bad. I installed them almost right away. Hahah

Eisenwain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
So if i install yanfly"s engine it will work?

Lupinos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
So if i install yanfly"s engine it will work?
Yes it will. You need the Battle Engine Core and the Action Sequences. It will give you the possibility to relate the motion animation to your skill via notetags.

I also just found out. lol

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unintentionally made a track that sounds straight out of Yume Nikki
Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th October 2021

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gnomio