[SOLVED][RMMV] Help wanted for creating states based on remaining HP, MP, and TP

Dragonarkon

Aspiring Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Summary: I am looking to create states that will procure when Hit Points, Magic Points, and Technical Points reach certain levels for both actors and enemies in the hope of creating a type of juggling act for players as they have to watch and maintain a balance between each. If any one of these three indicator reaches zero, the actor or enemy dies. It appears to me that this may require some plugins, and more than likely a good amount of JavaScript.

Details:
State types:
  1. Buff
  2. Regeneration
  3. Dying
  4. Dead
HP/MP/TP setup (10 states total):
  1. Current HP/MP/TP equals Max HP/MP/TP
    • HP Buff - Attack and Defense are Doubled
    • MP Buff - Magic Attack and Magic Defense are Doubled
    • TP Buff - Luck and Agility are Doubled
  2. Current HP/MP/TP is less than 100% and more than 10% of Max HP/MP/TP
    • HP Regeneration - HP recover at a rate of 1% of Max HP at the end of each turn
    • MP Regeneration - MP recover at a rate of 1% of Max MP at the end of each turn
    • TP Regeneration - TP recover at a rate of 1% of Max TP at the end of each turn
  3. Current HP/MP/TP is less than or equal to 10% and more than 0% of Max HP/MP/TP
    • Bleed State - HP will be lost at a rate of 1% of Max HP at the end of each turn
    • Limbo State - MP will be lost at a rate of 1% of Max MP at the end of each turn
    • Exhaustion State - TP will be lost at a rate of 1% of Max TP at the end of each turn
  4. Current HP/MP/TP equals 0
    • Death State - If HP, MP, or TP reaches 0, the target will recieve the 'death' state; any remaining HP, MP, or TP will also be reduced to 0.

Solution:
-----------------------
Thankfully I received some help from Fuguma (not sure where to find his ID number to link his name to the post), who did a fantastic job putting the code together. Fugama's page: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?members/fugama.38947/

With his permission I would like to share it:

Instructions:
  • This plugin will require Yanfly's Core Engine plugin, Buffs & States Core plugin, and Auto Passive States plugin
  • Create the Buffs and Debuffs that will be used (The max amount that can be used is 9; 3 per stat bar)
  • Create a new state (this will be the auto passive state), but leave the icon blank, and leave the other settings alone.
    • Add the 'HP/MP/TP Dependant States' code into the Notetag
    • Input the State IDs of the Buffs and Debuffs into the Notetag; there are 2 locations to fill out
    • Code:
      //list the states you want for each type from full bar, to under 10% bar. ex if state 31 is your full HP buff and 33 is your < 10% debuff : var hpList = [31, 32, 33];
          var mpList = [];
          var hpList = [];
          var tpList = [];
  • Go into the Auto Passive States plugin and add the new passive state's ID to the Global list

Code:
<custom battle effect>
user.gainTp(user.maxTp());
    //list the states you want for each type from full bar, to under 10% bar. ex if state 31 is your full HP buff and 33 is your < 10% debuff : var hpList = [31, 32, 33];
    var mpList = [];
    var hpList = [];
    var tpList = [];
    //end of fill variables, touch the rest at your own risk
    var mpPercent = Math.floor((user.mp * 100)/user.mmp);
    var hpPercent = Math.floor((user.hp * 100)/user.mhp);
    var tpPercent = Math.floor((user.tp * 100)/user.maxTp());
//MP
    //first state check
        if (mpPercent >= 100 && !user.isStateAffected(mpList[0])){
        for (num in mpList){
            var num = mpList[num]
            if (num !== mpList[0]) user.removeState(num);
        }
        user.addState(mpList[0])
        }
    //second state check
        if (mpPercent <  100 && mpPercent > 10 && !user.isStateAffected(mpList[1])){
        for (num in mpList){
            var num = mpList[num]
            if (num !== mpList[1]) user.removeState(num);
        }
        user.addState(mpList[1])
        }
    //third state check
        if (mpPercent <= 10 && mpPercent > 0 && !user.isStateAffected(mpList[2])){
        for (num in mpList){
            var num = mpList[num]
            if (num !== mpList[2]) user.removeState(num);
        }
        user.addState(mpList[2])
        }
    // 0 state check
        if (mpPercent <= 0){
        user.gainTp(-user.tp);
        user.gainMp(-user.mp);
        user.gainHp(-user.hp);
        }

//HP
    //first state check
        if (hpPercent === 100 && !user.isStateAffected(hpList[0])){
        for (num in hpList){
            var num = hpList[num];
            if (num !== hpList[0]) user.removeState(num);
        }
        user.addState(hpList[0])
        }
    //second state check
        if (hpPercent <  100 && hpPercent > 10 && !user.isStateAffected(hpList[1])){
        for (num in hpList){
            var num = hpList[num];
            if (num !== hpList[1]) user.removeState(num);
        }
        user.addState(hpList[1])
        }
    //third state check
        if (hpPercent <= 10 && hpPercent > 0 && !user.isStateAffected(hpList[2])){
        for (num in hpList){
            var num = hpList[num];
            if (num !== hpList[2]) user.removeState(num);
        }
        user.addState(hpList[2])
        }
    // 0 state check
        if (hpPercent <= 0){
        user.gainTp(-user.tp);
        user.gainMp(-user.mp);
        user.gainHp(-user.hp);
        }

//TP
    //first state check
        if (tpPercent === 100 && !user.isStateAffected(tpList[0])){
        for (num in tpList){
            var num = tpList[num]
            if (num !== tpList[0]) user.removeState(num);
        }
        user.addState(tpList[0])
        }
    //second state check
        if (tpPercent <  100 && tpPercent > 10 && !user.isStateAffected(tpList[1])){
        for (num in tpList){
             var num = tpList[num]
            if (num !== tpList[1]) user.removeState(num);
        }
        user.addState(tpList[1])
        }
    //third state check
        if (tpPercent <= 10 && tpPercent > 0 && !user.isStateAffected(tpList[2])){
        for (num in tpList){
            var num = tpList[num]
            if (num !== tpList[2]) user.removeState(num);
        }
        user.addState(tpList[2])
        }
    // 0 state check
        if (tpPercent <= 0){
        user.gainTp(-user.tp);
        user.gainMp(-user.mp);
        user.gainHp(-user.hp);
        }
<custom battle effect>
<custom turn end effect>
    var mpList = [];
    var hpList = [];
    var tpList = [];
//MP
    //first state check
        for (num in mpList){
            var num = mpList[num]
        }
        user.addState(mpList[0])
        }
    //second state check
        for (num in mpList){
            var num = mpList[num]
        }
        user.addState(mpList[1])
        }
    //third state check
        for (num in mpList){
            var num = mpList[num]
        }
        user.addState(mpList[2])
        }
    // 0 state check
        if (mpPercent <= 0){
        user.gainTp(-user.tp);
        user.gainMp(-user.mp);
        user.gainHp(-user.hp);
        }

//HP
    //first state check
        for (num in hpList){
            var num = hpList[num];
        }
        user.addState(hpList[0])
        }
    //second state check
        for (num in hpList){
            var num = hpList[num];
        }
        user.addState(hpList[1])
        }
    //third state check
        for (num in hpList){
            var num = hpList[num];
        }
        user.addState(hpList[2])
        }
    // 0 state check
        if (hpPercent <= 0){
        user.gainTp(-user.tp);
        user.gainMp(-user.mp);
        user.gainHp(-user.hp);
        }

//TP
    //first state check
        for (num in tpList){
            var num = tpList[num]
        }
        user.addState(tpList[0])
        }
    //second state check
        for (num in tpList){
             var num = tpList[num]
        }
        user.addState(tpList[1])
        }
    //third state check
        for (num in tpList){
            var num = tpList[num]
        }
        user.addState(tpList[2])
        }
    // 0 state check
        if (tpPercent <= 0){
        user.gainTp(-user.tp);
        user.gainMp(-user.mp);
        user.gainHp(-user.hp);
        }
</custom turn end effect>

Notes:

• Since the code works with percentages, if an enemy or actor has 0 MP as their starting/default MP, then it doesn't kill them, which is neat if you want to create a mana-less character
  • This code also makes all enemies and actors start off the battle with max TP due to this code segment:
    • Code:

And with that, I would say that this request has been completed, and the forum can be closed.
-----------------------

It seems to me that that the death state can remain as just one state for all three stats (HP/MP/TP). I was thinking that using HimeWorks' plugin "Progressive States" ( https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/progressive-states.50970/ ) for the 'Dying' states could work by having "Bleed", "Limbo" and "Exhaustion" turn into the 'Death' state when their associate stat finally hits 0. However, it might be easier just to have some JavaScript that uses if-then statements and set them up as follows:

Example:
if target.hp = target.mhp (then statement)

if target.hp < target. mhp (and statement) target.hp > target.mhp*0.1 (then statement)

if target.hp <= target.mhp*0.1 (and statement) target.hp != 0 (then statement)

if target.hp == 0 (then statement)

---------------------------------

In addition to everything else, I run into one particular issue: TP. I want TP to act more like MP, or in other words, a stamina bar. I added Yanfly's "Enhanced TP" (http://yanfly.moe/2016/01/08/yep-55-enhanced-tp/) to help make it act more like MP, but I had some issues. By default, RMMV has TP randomly generate at the beginning of a battle, but in order for TP to act like MP I cannot have that, so I changed the settings within the plugin to generate 0 TP at the start of the battle, and I allowed for TP to be preserved, allowing any remaining points to carry over once the battle is done. Then I noticed that 1) a new game will result in the actors having 0 TP to begin with and 2) enemies have 0 TP at the beginning of battle's. If I am to have a death state for having 0 TP, this creates a serious issue that would either mean an instant game over upon starting a new game, and if actors had any TP, enemies would instantly die once a battle starts.

Is there a way to change the starting TP so that it starts off at max, just like MP?

In my attempt to create something like what I outlined above, I tried to use some plugins from Yanfly and Hime, and then add in what I needed through "Lunatic Mode" or JavaScript.

Before I had a clearer picture of what I wanted to do with states, I worked to create a constant state of MP Regeneration for actors and enemies. I tried to accomplish this through the use of Yanfly's "Auto Passive States" plugin ( http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/17/yep-13-auto-passive-states/ ). I created a state, added a trait of 10% MP regeneration. I don't think it worked, so I removed the trait. I then added Yanfly's "Buff States Core" plugin ( http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/25/yep-50-buffs-states-core/ ), and the following in the notes:

<Custom Turn End Effect>

user.gainMp(1);

</Custom Turn End Effect>

<Passive Condition: MP Below 100%>

This seemed to work, so I moved on to add another death state (one apart from the default "knockout") that would become applicable once the user's MP became 0. I copied the 'Knockout' state, then made it removable after 3 turns, added it to the auto passive states, and I added the following in the Notes so it would activate once MP became 0:

<Passive Condition: MP Below 1>
<Show Turns>

With this setup (the MP regen state, and the MP death state) I hoped that at 100% MP the regen would be off, below 100% it would be on, and at 0 MP the actor would have the death state. At 100%, no states were present, below 100% regen turned on, and at 0 MP the death state would activate, but the death state would immediately go away at the end of the turn because the regen state was still active, thus bringing MP to 1 and turning off the death state.

At this point I realized I needed a way to turn off regeneration once the death state kicked in, so I added Hime's plugin "Overriding states" ( https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/overriding-states.50889/ ) and put the following into the notes:

<override state: x>

'x' was the state ID of the MP regen. However, since both states were auto passive states, this did not remove or override the regen state.

*Personal Note: I am a beginner when it comes to RMMV, Javascript and forums, but I am willing to learn. So if I make a mistake kindly let me know so I can do something to change it. Also, I ask that, if you give me advice, you take simple steps in explaining what I should do.

From what I can tell, the community here is amazing, and I hope to become a part of it.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[move]Plugin Request[/move]
Yes, it will require plugins - and I think there are some out there that already can do that, you need plugins to make states conditional and automatic/passive).

Dragonarkon

Aspiring Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[move]Plugin Request[/move]
Yes, it will require plugins - and I think there are some out there that already can do that, you need plugins to make states conditional and automatic/passive).

Thank you for moving it to the correct forum. Hopefully, I can get some help finding the correct plugins, and setting up the conditional formats.

Silverskin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can do this with Yanflys Buffs & States core, Battle Engine Core and Auto Passive States.
Finding out the right code shouldn't be too hard, but time intensive, so I just wanted to point out how it could be done ;)

Dragonarkon

Aspiring Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can do this with Yanflys Buffs & States core, Battle Engine Core and Auto Passive States.
Finding out the right code shouldn't be too hard, but time intensive, so I just wanted to point out how it could be done ;)
I have a little closer at the Plugins that you mentioned. I have these installed and I have played around with them a little bit.

It seems that the Buff & States core has some notetags that might help, called 'Custom Timing Effects'.

I added the following as a notetag to a state I called HP Buff:
<Custom Regenerate Effect>
if (target.hp == target.mhp) {
condition = true;
} else {
condition = false;
}
</Custom Regenerate Effect>

As I understand, this should make the state check at the end of the regeneration phase of each turn check the target's HP, and if it is at 100% it should stay active, and if it is less than 100%, then it will turn the state off, or just do nothing.

I then added the trait 10% HP regenerate just to see if it was actively working when applied. I also added it to Auto Passive State for Actors. Upon starting a new game, the state could be seen as applied. I entered a battle, and had one actor take some damage and another not take damage. Both kept the state active, and healed 10% of Max HP.

What do I need to change?

Last edited:

Silverskin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Personally, I don't like complicating things and I never use the condition command.
I'd recommend just inserting the regeneration code into the hp == mhp condition and leave the hp != mhp conditio blank, maybe that helps...

Dragonarkon

Aspiring Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thankfully I received some help from Fuguma (not sure where to find his ID number to link his name to the post), who did a fantastic job putting the code together. Fugama's page: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?members/fugama.38947/

With his permission I would like to share it:

Instructions:
  • This plugin will require Yanfly's Core Engine plugin, Buffs & States Core plugin, and Auto Passive States plugin
  • Create the Buffs and Debuffs that will be used (The max amount that can be used is 9; 3 per stat bar)
  • Create a new state (this will be the auto passive state), but leave the icon blank, and leave the other settings alone.
    • Add the 'HP/MP/TP Dependant States' code into the Notetag
    • Input the State IDs of the Buffs and Debuffs into the Notetag; there are 2 locations to fill out
    • Code:
          var mpList = [];
          var hpList = [];
          var tpList = [];
  • Go into the Auto Passive States plugin and add the new passive state's ID to the Global list

Code:
<custom battle effect>
    var mpList = [];
    var hpList = [];
    var tpList = [];
//MP
    //first state check
        for (num in mpList){
            var num = mpList[num]
        }
        user.addState(mpList[0])
        }
    //second state check
        for (num in mpList){
            var num = mpList[num]
        }
        user.addState(mpList[1])
        }
    //third state check
        for (num in mpList){
            var num = mpList[num]
        }
        user.addState(mpList[2])
        }
    // 0 state check
        if (mpPercent <= 0){
        user.gainTp(-user.tp);
        user.gainMp(-user.mp);
        user.gainHp(-user.hp);
        }

//HP
    //first state check
        for (num in hpList){
            var num = hpList[num];
        }
        user.addState(hpList[0])
        }
    //second state check
        for (num in hpList){
            var num = hpList[num];
        }
        user.addState(hpList[1])
        }
    //third state check
        for (num in hpList){
            var num = hpList[num];
        }
        user.addState(hpList[2])
        }
    // 0 state check
        if (hpPercent <= 0){
        user.gainTp(-user.tp);
        user.gainMp(-user.mp);
        user.gainHp(-user.hp);
        }

//TP
    //first state check
        for (num in tpList){
            var num = tpList[num]
        }
        user.addState(tpList[0])
        }
    //second state check
        for (num in tpList){
             var num = tpList[num]
        }
        user.addState(tpList[1])
        }
    //third state check
        for (num in tpList){
            var num = tpList[num]
        }
        user.addState(tpList[2])
        }
    // 0 state check
        if (tpPercent <= 0){
        user.gainTp(-user.tp);
        user.gainMp(-user.mp);
        user.gainHp(-user.hp);
        }
<custom battle effect>
<custom turn end effect>
    var mpList = [];
    var hpList = [];
    var tpList = [];
//MP
    //first state check
        for (num in mpList){
            var num = mpList[num]
        }
        user.addState(mpList[0])
        }
    //second state check
        for (num in mpList){
            var num = mpList[num]
        }
        user.addState(mpList[1])
        }
    //third state check
        for (num in mpList){
            var num = mpList[num]
        }
        user.addState(mpList[2])
        }
    // 0 state check
        if (mpPercent <= 0){
        user.gainTp(-user.tp);
        user.gainMp(-user.mp);
        user.gainHp(-user.hp);
        }

//HP
    //first state check
        for (num in hpList){
            var num = hpList[num];
        }
        user.addState(hpList[0])
        }
    //second state check
        for (num in hpList){
            var num = hpList[num];
        }
        user.addState(hpList[1])
        }
    //third state check
        for (num in hpList){
            var num = hpList[num];
        }
        user.addState(hpList[2])
        }
    // 0 state check
        if (hpPercent <= 0){
        user.gainTp(-user.tp);
        user.gainMp(-user.mp);
        user.gainHp(-user.hp);
        }

//TP
    //first state check
        for (num in tpList){
            var num = tpList[num]
        }
        user.addState(tpList[0])
        }
    //second state check
        for (num in tpList){
             var num = tpList[num]
        }
        user.addState(tpList[1])
        }
    //third state check
        for (num in tpList){
            var num = tpList[num]
        }
        user.addState(tpList[2])
        }
    // 0 state check
        if (tpPercent <= 0){
        user.gainTp(-user.tp);
        user.gainMp(-user.mp);
        user.gainHp(-user.hp);
        }
</custom turn end effect>

Notes:

• Since the code works with percentages, if an enemy or actor has 0 MP as their starting/default MP, then it doesn't kill them, which is neat if you want to create a mana-less character
  • This code also makes all enemies and actors start off the battle with max TP due to this code segment:
    • Code:

And with that, I would say that this request has been completed, and the forum can be closed.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Snarkyfork wrote on Trihan's profile.
Hey man, I saw you mention that you do MV javascript work? Just wanted to confirm it before I put you on speed dial. =)
"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is."-Krishna
FastFood in my country is neither fast nor cheap like it's expected to be, but people still buy a lot of it. I don't want to imagine how much of it people would eat if it was.
Started finishing up my bosses and characters...I don't know how long...but its going to take long...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jekken