cedr777

Lead developer of "Charao Life"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking for a tool that can be used to proofread WIP RPGMV games.
I'm going to be using it mostly to proofread an ongoing project of ours.

Something similar to this, which can edit individual map.json files and show a nice interface of which only the text in message boxes could be edited (thus preventing altering of anything else besides the dialogues).

Unfortunately, it is bugged right now as you cannot download your edited output file.

Can anyone give recommendations?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[move]Useful Development Tools[/move]

cedr777

Lead developer of "Charao Life"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: While thinking about it, I found a simple way on how to do it without the use of plugins.

First, you'll need a plugin that can take screenshots that can include the mapID of the event in its output filename. (for the developer to easily find the map where the typo is)

I recommend Triacontane's plugin (MakeScreenCapture.js) to do this. (as of writing this I am still trying to find out if it can include the mapID in the filename)

Each time your human beta tester encounters a typo, he/she will just simply press F6 and the game will output a png file that shows the dialogue where the typo occurs.

He/She then sends the screenshots to the DEV. (hopefully with a text file attached that possibly includes grammatical corrections also.)

using the compiled screenshots, the dev can then search and destroy these typos. hopefully they will be easy to locate since the map ID is included with the filename of the pngs.

This method can even be used for bug reporting, when your game is out for the public.
It's a simple method that doesn't require your testers to edit json files thus the likelihood of breaking something due to copy/paste mistakes is lessened.

In a way, OmnislashiXX was right.

Edit: Here is an add-on plugin for Triacontane's MakeScreenCapture.js plugin made by Magnus0808 that adds the mapID & mapName in the output PNG/JPEG files.

I made a request in the JS Plugin requests thread and he was kind enough to help me out.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Kes
Came up with a good name for something. Checked on internet - device trademark filed in India 2017. Back to the drawing board.
I want to see the Features of the new RPG Maker.. NOW!!
Can't wait for it!
KDS
Check out some gameplay of a game iam working on :)
Me : "Wearing glasses is annoying."
*put out glasses*
Also me : "Keep mistaking 0, 6 and 8."
oh god, a new version of RPG Maker is coming soon already....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
songhuong