Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I noticed that the
Code:
{S:speed}
text code does not provide a parameter for going back to the speed chosed in the Message Settings Menu. Is there a call script for that? It would also be neat to use it in a script/placeholder script macro, I guess…
I'm not talking about resetting message settings, just tryin' to stop {S:speed} effects keeping in consideration the user's personal setttings.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hi, I think you could define multiple placeholder macros for different speeds. The problem is that the text code {S:<value>} changes the message speed settings. It is the same as changing speed using Set Game Data command.

The first macro, lets call it "slow" to make slow text speed:

Code:
object.customData.speed = GameManager.settings.messageSpeed;
return "{S:0}"

and maybe also one called "fast"

Code:
object.customData.speed = GameManager.settings.messageSpeed;
return "{S:4}"

Another macro to change back to normal, lets call it "norm".

Code:
return "{S:" + (object.customData.speed||0) + "}"

All macros should be "Placeholder Script" macros. So this should work as long as you are not nesting it. Like:

Code:
{M:slow}Its....a slow text...{M:fast}Now its fast again!

That is not work, it must be like:

Code:
{M:slow}Its....a slow text....{M:norm}{M:fast}Now its fast again!{M:norm}

Basically, the slow and fast macro they will both first save the current speed configured in the message settings and then changing it. The norm macro will change the speed back to the saved one.

We will try to make that easier in the future. Let me know if that helps you out.

FoxySeta

Cleric, script kiddie and fudanshi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem is that the text code {S:<value>} changes the message speed settings.
Oh I see (had no idea:kaoswt:)

Thanks a lot then!

FoxySeta

Cleric, script kiddie and fudanshi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: I know I marked this thread as closed but what about an implementation of {M:norm} more like this:
Code:
return "{S:" + (object.customData.speed || GameManager.settings.messageSpeed) + "}";
This way:
  • if you accidentally call {M:norm} before other speed-modifier macros you won't have problems
  • you can fuse {M:norm} with other back-to-normal macros and use it before other speed-modifier macros w/o any problems
  • if {M:norm} and/or {M:fast} contain errors, these won't (necessarily) affect {M:norm}

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hi FoxySeta,

sure, feel free to use any code you like :) I just quickly put something together to help you out quickly, your solution above is probably better.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well I am infinitely upset that I finally got a good idea... after the Touch the Stars game jam is pretty much over.

Gather resources to build a spaceship to escape the apocalypse! It would have been cool....
Thinking that if I get MZ, I'll work on a new Project. How about instead of just an RPG, I make it episodic, like an anime? You might even get fanservice. Oh, but I need the right costume for the character.
"but what even is an API??"
Poppet Quest stats so far.. 61 views, 20 downloads, 3 reviews, 1 comment, 4 followers gained.... Hmm...
From a content creation standpoint, games really have awful traction. At least the experiment is interesting, time to see what adding Twitter into the mix does. Maybe the supposed 1,290 followers I have on it will prove useful. Then I'll test out Insta. :barf:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashish2902