[SOLVED] Small Issues with Yanfly + Press-Turn Battle

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Esjitu, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Esjitu

Esjitu Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hope this is the right place. I've been searching all over for info on a few small issues, largely unrelated, concerning Yanfly's battle engine, Yami/Archeia's PressTurn battle system, and using the two together. Hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

1) When using PTB with Yanfly, I can no longer hit the cancel button once battle initiates to go back to the fight/escape menu. The menu flashes for a moment but nothing happens. This is frustrating as the player might want to escape, or use functions from other Yanfly scripts like autobattle, after the fight begins. This also renders Yanfly's combat log useless because it can't be checked once battle has started, since I can no longer access that menu. I've tried this on a blank project with nothing but Yanfly core, Ace Battle Engine, and the PTB scripts installed, so I know it's something to do with how they're interacting...but have no idea where to look to fix it.

For visual reference, this is what happens. https://i.gyazo.com/9ea96d999d73b0f4cfe6110b97834f65.mp4

2) Is there any way to move the turn icons in the PTB system from the top left? I know you can edit the X value in the config, but if I wanted the turns in the top-right this wouldn't help because new turn icons appear to the right. I'd like to know where in the script I could find the values to edit to move the turn icon gauge right-aligned, with new turn icons appearing on the left side.

3) How could I make Yanfly's HP/MP/TP gauges thinner? I wanted to use Neo Gauge Ultimate but this conflicts with Yanfly (not sure if Battle or Core) even if I place it above Yanfly's scripts in the list. Either a way to get these to play nice together, or simply to edit the height values of the default Yanfly battle gauges so they're thinner and cover less of the character's face would be fine.

I think that's all. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I like this, I might try to use it myself.

I played with the script. In the PTB script arount line 760 change to
    Code:
      #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      # new method: prior_command_ptbn
      #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      def prior_command_ptbn
        $imported["YEA-BattleEngine"] ? redraw_current_status : @status_window.refresh
        if @subject && @subject.actor?
          @backup_subject = @subject
        end
    #    command_fight_ptbn
        @party_command_window.activate
        start_party_command_selection
      end

Worked for me.

Gauge script line 117 change the + to a -
    Code:
    self.x -=
    then set the x coordinate at the top.

Comment out yanfly battle engine lines 1904 - 1935. Highlight and press Ctrl + Q

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Esjitu likes this.
  3. Esjitu

Esjitu Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Your fixes for 1 and 2 worked perfectly, thank you so much!!

3 worked almost perfectly - I've got the new HP and MP bars in battle and the menu, but I still seem to be having a slight issue with the TP gauge.

[​IMG]

Is there something else I ought to comment out, either in the battle engine or core to fix this?

Edit: I think I figured it out. Commenting out lines 756-762 under "overwrite method: draw_actor_tp" in Yanfly's core seems to have done the trick, and since I haven't noticed any catastrophic crashes or anything so far I'm going to assume it's all okay.

[​IMG]

Guess this can be marked as solved - thanks again to Roninator2 for your help!!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017