Not open for further replies.

Anthony D

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to create an event that will make a car rush past every time the protagonist tries to step on the street (see attached picture).

The issue here is not making an event that will activate once, but having it repeat over and over as necessary.

Ideally this is what would happen:

1-Hero steps on the street
2-Car event appears and rushes past nearly hitting the hero
3-Hero backs off onto the sidewalk
4-Car disappears
5-(if Hero tries to step on street again)
6-Car event appears and rushes past nearly hitting the hero

Having a function that resets the event's position to where it was originally placed would be perfect, but I can't seem to find such a feature.

I thought going around this problem simply by having the car event move quickly (invisibly) to where it originally was while stalling the player with an sweat drop bubble reaction, but it's not enough time (the attached image is cropped, not showing the full length of the map).

Triggering the car event before it has time to return to it's original placement would break it.

Apologies if this type of question was asked elsewhere in this forum.
I tried searching for similar problems, but nothing came up...

Thanks

(First post!)

Attachments

• Car event rpg maker mv.png
    Car event rpg maker mv.png
    338.2 KB · Views: 17

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's an event command on tab 2 that is to set the event's location. Have you tried using that after setting the event's move route to make it go by?

Anthony D

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
...and it works!
I totally did not see that there.

Many thanks :thumbsup-left:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"sorry it took me so long to respond" - can we please agree not to say that anymore unless it actually took a long time?! (Like 36hrs at least) I mean, I'm running out of funny responses here xD
Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.
I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!
I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pandoleya