[SOLVED] Steam Version: Text is MESSED UP!!!!

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Kevin O'Ryan, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Kevin O'Ryan

Kevin O'Ryan Kevin O'Ryan Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I am extremely stressed out with this problem!! I have done everything from restarting the software, to making a new project and this KEEPS happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was working perfectly for 1 year, now all of a sudden it just dies mid-way into a game. I never mess with the game font, nor was I using any plugins at the time of this incident occurring!! Anyone know anything? Please?

[​IMG]

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    that has absolutely nothing to do with steam or not, it looks like something has damaged either your core files or a plugin that modifies the core files or damage to the font file.
    1) does the same error happen if you make a new project?
    2) where do you store your projects? (please give us the full filepath from drive letter to index.html)
    3) what version is your projects core file? (open the projects rpg_core.js file with a text editor and read the number in the title line)

WhiteW likes this.
  3. WhiteW

WhiteW The Murderous Clown Veteran

First Language:
    EN/PT
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Still, should also do a steam repair if something if the core files is corrupted...

[​IMG]

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    won't work.
    because the core files are copied into the project, and the steam verify can only check the editor files, NOT the projecct files.
    If the core files are damaged, they can only be repaired by a manual project update to the correct version.

5. WhiteW

WhiteW The Murderous Clown Veteran

First Language:
    EN/PT
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    He still needs the non corrupted files if the NewData ones are corrupted.

EDIT: When I said core I meant the NewData ones, not the project ones

6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    yes, but that is highly unlikely. If the project worked earlier than the problem is in the project files, not in the NewData files - and it is highly unlikely that a different copy of the same files was damaged in the same way. I asked for the test with a new project to be on the safe side, but the likelyhood that those files are damaged is less than 1%.
    And if they are indeed damaged in the same way, than that is a guarantee that they had been targeted instead of random damage - there are ways how that could have happened (for example antivirus "repairing" them) but that would mean that the newdata would again be targeted after that verify, making that useless even if it does anything.
    So if the new project contains the same bug, then verify through steam is still useless until the cause is found and removed.

7. Kevin O'Ryan

Kevin O'Ryan Kevin O'Ryan Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Had nothing to do with corrupted files or anything, turns out they just did an update... I rolled it back and it works. Apparently people are complaining about the new update, so I will just keep it at the previous version until it's working again. I keep everything vanilla with installation... I don't put my files anywhere funky or mess with them in any way. Simply, a bad update. All is good now.

Eliaquim likes this.