Argami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hello!

I'm wondering if the system stores the party leader's current state ID somewhere.
I want to show the animation of the current state. I was trying something like:
Code:
$game_party.leader.animation_id = X
Where X would be the ID of the current state.
Is this possible?

Thanks in advance :)

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
An actor could have various state id at the same time. Like being stunned, poisoned, and enraged at the same time. What do you mean specifically by "current state id"?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
You can get all of his states via

$game_party.leader.states

It will return the array containing all states (or state_id Im not sure) of the party leader.

As TheoAllen said, normally he can have multiple states, so if you want a specific state, you need to tell us how you plan to pick which state will show.

Argami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
@TheoAllen @Engr. Adiktuzmiko You're both right! I was testing the effect with only one state, and I had not thought about more than one state...
Well what I want to do is to show the animation of the state when the "Message when the state remais" is displayed correspondig to the state of the message. Like "You're still burned" and the burned state animation is displayed.

I have to say that I'm using Hime's State Animations Script that shows an animation when the state is added / removed. So I was trying to show the same effect that it's indicated in the state note box every time the state remains (but not in loop like othe scripts do).
I don't even know if this is possible, but I was trying unsuccesfully...

You can find the script here:
https://himeworks.com/2013/08/state-animations/

I hope that you can help me

EDIT:
Well, I just realized that the "Message when the state remais" only show's the message of the state with higer priority, and I don't know if there's a way to display the message of all the party leader's current states with the corresponding animation (Maybe I should create a new topic asking for that...)

EDIT 2:
I just finded an alternative solution. I finded the "State Effect : End Turn/Action Skill" script by Shad3Light that brings you the possibility to cast a skill when youu have certain states applied, then I created a skill with the animation and the text that I want to display when the state remains.
It does the thing in a certain way, so you can close the topic due to being solved! Thanks for all :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

-_- Now we have punishments for skipping meals, specially breakfast. At least let me sleep on Fridays -_-
colorize an old sketch
Welp... with numerous plugins and a bit of Javascript help, I've simulated an AP system in battle. Proud of myself honestly.
Why most of games like to give a horrible control to an aircraft vehicle? can I get a simplified control that does not require me to roll first just to change my direction?
Homie, this so amazing! Old but Gold :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOG32