Not open for further replies.

Pal

Dumb Alien Detective
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When i try playtesting, there always appears a text box at the top of the screen. It's empty and is kind of in the way for other windows appearing. Does anyone know how to fix this?

(for some reason i cant post an image of it)

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could there be a forgotten autorun event hanging out on your first map or is it everywhere?

Pal

Dumb Alien Detective
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could there be a forgotten autorun event hanging out on your first map or is it everywhere?
I haven't put any autorun events on the current map yet.

Crusha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When i try playtesting, there always appears a text box at the top of the screen. It's empty and is kind of in the way for other windows appearing. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Is it the console? I believe f8 or f12 closes it. Certain plugins can force-open it at the start of play-testing as well if it is (it's happened to me by using Yanfly plugins before).

Pal

Dumb Alien Detective
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it the console? I believe f8 or f12 closes it. Certain plugins can force-open it at the start of play-testing as well if it is (it's happened to me by using Yanfly plugins before).
Doesn't seem to be it since i can't close it with either of those buttons

Crusha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you running plugins which can change the resolution? Is it happening in full-screen, or windowed screen? Do you know what resolution you're running the game itself at?

When you hit PrintScrn, can you paste it into paint or something, or it simply doesn't show up when you try to screenshot it?

Pal

Dumb Alien Detective
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you running plugins which can change the resolution? Is it happening in full-screen, or windowed screen? Do you know what resolution you're running the game itself at?
No plugins, windowed mode, no i don't know which resolution.
When you hit PrintScrn, can you paste it into paint or something, or it simply doesn't show up when you try to screenshot it?
First up, i'm on mac, and there's no problem with taking the actual picture. The forum just doesn't let me upload the image. At first it said it was too large, now it just says that theres a problem.

Crusha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My apologies, I don't use mac and am not very familiar with it. I'm not sure if the hotkey for console is different for mac. It sounds like you're running the game, then, at its default resolution.

Has this problem for you always been present, or has it only started happening since you made a modification to your game project? If it only started very recently, is there something you have changed specifically recently, that you recall could alter something in your project, in a unique way like this? Like you adjusted some setting you were a little unsure about?

I imagine for attaching a file, if it would say too big, you can paste it into a program (windows has paint, gimp is free, etc.) to alter its size to be smaller. Not sure why you're having that problem though, I know people have posted screenshots before on the forum.

Pal

Dumb Alien Detective
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I imagine for attaching a file, if it would say too big, you can paste it into a program (windows has paint, gimp is free, etc.) to alter its size to be smaller. Not sure why you're having that problem though, I know people have posted screenshots before on the forum.
Alright, it worked. Here's an image:
image post.png

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You have no plugins that might affect the battle system or hud or windows? If you open a brand new project does this happen?

Do you have any troop tab events or common events that use a display text/message command?

Pal

Dumb Alien Detective
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You have no plugins that might affect the battle system or hud or windows? If you open a brand new project does this happen?
I have Yanfly Battle Engine Core, DreamX Instant Turn Battle, VE Damage Popups, SRD Super Tools Engine and HUD Maker. It works like normal and the window doesn't appear on a new project.
Do you have any troop tab events or common events that use a display text/message command?
I have one event that uses show text.

EDIT: Doesn't seem to be the show text event since the window is still there after deleting the text event.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you are using SRD Hud maker, why don't you just open it up while in the game and remove the window by sliding it off the screen? Then it would also tell you exactly which window it is.

Pal

Dumb Alien Detective
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you are using SRD Hud maker, why don't you just open it up while in the game and remove the window by sliding it off the screen? Then it would also tell you exactly which window it is.
It doesn't appear there.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It only appears during playtesting? Can you not open up Hud maker in playtest? (I'm not sure that I've tried in quite a while, so I am unsure)

Pal

Dumb Alien Detective
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It only appears during playtesting? Can you not open up Hud maker in playtest? (I'm not sure that I've tried in quite a while, so I am unsure)
Yes i can open up hud maker in playtest, but the option to move it just doesn't appear.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, then in my experience when you are unable to move a window with Hud maker, the window is being added by another plugin that just doesn't play nice with Hud maker. I ran into this problem a few months back with a plugin that added a window to the equip scene, Hud maker did not register the window in the list and i was unable to move it or anything. My only suggestion at this point is to disable plugins until you figure out which one is adding the window, then maybe look into that plugin to see if there is a parameter to change/remove the window.

Pal

Dumb Alien Detective
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, then in my experience when you are unable to move a window with Hud maker, the window is being added by another plugin that just doesn't play nice with Hud maker. I ran into this problem a few months back with a plugin that added a window to the equip scene, Hud maker did not register the window in the list and i was unable to move it or anything. My only suggestion at this point is to disable plugins until you figure out which one is adding the window, then maybe look into that plugin to see if there is a parameter to change/remove the window.
Alright, i solved it. Thanks for helping though!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I started really going in on my project April of last year... I'm just now making starting the actual game... making assets (and not even all of them), whoooo... TIME SINK.

Imagine being a pleb and using --------------------.js :LZSwink:
Ami
--- Survival For RPGist Part 2 ---

Survivalist: Now,I going to Test you: Fishing with Spear
M.Spear Knight: Leave it to me.
(M.Spear Knight Spearing the Fish with His Battle Spear)
M.Spear Knight: How it is?
Survivalist: I know you did it,but...Is that the Spear for Battle,not for Fishing?
M.Spear Knight: But,is that same?
Survivalist: (Sigh)...Whatever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SosukeTheBro