[Solved] Transparant window on top of another window?

Discussion in 'Learning Javascript' started by SilverDash, Dec 17, 2015.

1. SilverDash

SilverDash Veteran Veteran

[​IMG]

In the screenshot above (click to enlarge) I have a window drawn on the left and right side. They work just fine until I draw another window draw in the top-right-corner which is the same size as the 'dark-rectangles' with an opacity of 0. As you can see, this causes the window underneath it also to become fully transparent?

How do I Render a transparent Window_Selectable on top of another window?

If this is a RPG Maker bug, is there a way to work around this? Like taking a screenshot (how is this even done?) and rendering it on the window that is on top?

I also tried changing the window skin  (I made the background fully transparent) but that didn't help either.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015
  2. Zalerinian

Zalerinian Jack of all Errors Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This isn't a bug, this is by (incredibly stupid) design. You need to add the window as a separate layer from the rest, so don't use addWindow, just use addChild when adding the window to the scene.

SilverDash likes this.
  3. SilverDash

But I also have to manually remove the window then but it works thanks. Wish they would add this stuff to the documentation.

4. Zalerinian

Zalerinian Jack of all Errors Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    What do you mean you have to remove the window then? Just add it directly with addChild instead of using addWindow.

5. SilverDash

Nevermind I have to manually remove them anyway even when adding through addWindow(). And this 'removing' only applies to exceptional cases (like my minimap script). Forget about it.

6. Iavra

Iavra Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Windows are usually added once during create() and either hidden or shown, depending on whether they are needed. The update() function can conditionally be skipped, if a window isn't visible. If the window needs to be reinitialized a second time, consider a setup() method.