[SOLVED] Using items for both alive and KO chars...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marianojoey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I'm on a pinch in my project, and could use some help. :)

The thing is, I'm trying to create a healing item that you can use to heal any char (it doesn't matter if they are KO or not, and if they are KO, then it works like a Phoenix Down).

Is it possible? Anyone tried something like this...?

Thanks in advance and sorry if I made any grammathical mistakes, English isn't my main language. :)

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Could you tie a common event to it and use a conditional branch?

Marianojoey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
... ah?? :confused::kaomad2:

I'll go see what's a common event and how to use it on an item!

Thanks for answering so fast :)

Ok, I think I understood how it's supposed to work... I'll see if it does what I want it to do and post it later. :)

In case I did things wrong, I'll say that this Item is supposed to be a "super panacea" that removes every and any negative state, and refills to 100% both HP and Mana.

My common event goes like this:
change state: whole group -sleep
change state: whole group -burn
change state: whole group -KO
(those are the only states they could be affected by in my current project).
And in the item, I found the place to add the call to that common event, and added restore 100% to both stats. :)

I'll have to try it and come back if it worked (or didn't). :)

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Marianojoey, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

:kaohi:

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Cool, let me know how it goes! : D

Myst88

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I know Yanfly's action sequence plugin allows you to target all allies even dead ones. Have a look at that.

RHachicho

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I don't know about an item. But yanfly's action sequences can definitely call common events from skills.
Common events are just that .. events you want to use multiple times. For example I have a non combat actor system that makes certain actors not show up in the party. But you can still use their mp for certain spells. Due to the way RMMV handles rest their exclusion from the main party interface meant that their mp wasn't getting restored with restore all. So I made a common event that works of a switch that would do the whole fade out .. sleep noise .. fade in .. recover all characters. And added the non combat actors manually one at a time. The common event would then turn off the switch that triggered it. Meaning now whenever I turn on that common events switch the characters will rest properly.

This is useful because now if I want to add more non combat actors rather than going to every recovery event in the game and updating it I just have to update one recovery event. Of course there are many more things to use it for. Such as displaying an image and a sound when a quest is complete Or received etc. Any number of applications. The main characteristic of common events is they will trigger ANYWHERE their conditions are met .. not just on a native map. But this also means they have no native tile. Which means no action button or player/event touch triggers. It makes them better for some things but unsuitable for most. This also means they are permanently loaded into memory so you don't want to go to ham on them. Many plugins like the one's mentioned can also call common events manually via notetags without needing to even use a trigger or switch.

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In addition to what has already been said: If you want the item to completely restore the entire party, a common event would be the easiest way (and you can call it either from the item effects or with an Action Sequence, if you want to use that plugin). There is also the event command "Recover All" if you don't want to manually remove each state and recover all HP and MP.

If you only want to target a single actor but be able to choose from both living and dead actors, I think you need a plugin like that lets you change the scope of the item. (Not sure if Yanfly's Target Core / Selection Control does it, or if there is a plugin for it that came with the maker. I'll look into it later when I'm back at my PC. See below.) Depending on the plugin, you would probably use a notetag in the Note box of the item to let it target living and dead actors, and set up the effects in the item directly, without a common event, like you would for a normal Phoenix Down / Panacea type item.

@Marianojoey There is a "DeadOrAliveItem" plugin that came with MV, which should do exactly what you want in the second case. If you have the standalone version, it's in the rm-rv-plug-ins.zip file from the download under the Kadokawa plugins. On the steam version, I've heard those plugins should be in the Steam DLC folder. Hope that helps :)

Last edited:

Marianojoey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, I finally got to taste how it works, and I got around it with the common event. :)

Thanks to all for the help. :)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Barthdry wrote on tln143's profile.
Hello tln143 Welcome to the RPG Maker Forum. We wish you enjoy and make good rpg games
Barthdry wrote on 00cassiesmells's profile.
Hello 00casiemells Welcome to the RPG Maker Forum. We wish you enjoy and make good rpg games
Remember guys: Drink water and workout is important too! Don't stay too much time on the PC working! :D
Ami
--- Quest For Female ---

Guild Leader: Ladies,you got a Job for today. You have to Battle with Marauder,only Female must to this Job.
F.Magic Knight: So,only Female can do this?
Heroine: I can't wait for this!
Gunner Lady: Well,i can use the Seduction Skill to them,It's effective for Male Target
F.Knight: You always use that?
RPG Maker MZ just crashed, please tell me I didn't just lose 4 hours of progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nilero