Not open for further replies.

Jzkann

*creative title*
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey there. I was enjoying using RPG Maker MV and doing random things when I decided to start creating a serious project. A thing I noticed is that, while the map, the animations etc. work fine by themselves, when I open a GUI (for example, a message box or the pause menu, the interfaces show these errors randomly:
  • No edge
  • No background
  • Not even opening
  • No text showing
  • Message boxes don't show text nor actor's face
  • Changes not loading
The last one is strange: if I open the inventory, and for example I select "items", the 'select' sound (the one which plays whenever you press a button) plays, the interface loads but the screen does not update. I know it because if I try to equip a weapon, I can hear the equip sound even if the screen remains unchanged. Creating a brand new project with no plugins, or disabling all the plugins won't change anything. The real problem is that all of this appears ONLY during playtest. If I try to play it through the index.html file with Chrome shows this:
Chrome-1.png
So, I thought it was a problem of some plugin. I so decided to deactivate them all, but this is the result.
Chrome-2.png
Then, I decided to open the file with Mozilla. And this is where things get strange...
The main menu looks like this:
Mozilla-1.png
I am not even able to use the mouse to click options here, so I pressed ENTER. What I saw was so strange I've never seen such thing.
Mozilla-2.png
That persists for each map. If you need, I can PM you the project's download link. I'm not able to convert the project's directory to exe because I'm using the trial version. I'm using the last version of Mozilla and Google Chrome, Windows 7 x86 bit Ultimate. Every help is very appreciated, thanks!

Edit: I've tried to disable plugins before every attempt, but the results didn't change.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would start a brand new project, with no plugins at all, just a single map, and see if that works okay. If it does, start adding to it - gradually.

What version of MV are you using? What version of core files? The two are not always the same, so make sure you look at both the version shown in the editor (this is the MV version), and open a NEW project and go to your js folder and look at the rpg_core.js file, which should have a version at the top (this is the core files version). Is it the standalone version (from this site), or from Steam?

If your core files are older, the plugins may not be compatible. Your newdata files could be corrupted. In both of those cases, the problem would persist even though you started a new game. Or if you have a "base" game that you set up and are copying to create a new game, rather than going File > New from the menu, the issues with the "base" game will persist in all new games you create and may also have an older version of the core files.

Please show a screenshot of your plugin manager. Your first error screenshot indicates you're using a number of Yanfly plugins, and the first thing you need to check with those is that they're all in exactly the right order. The second thing you need to check is that they're configured correctly (they are not plug-n-play - you actually have to go into the parameters of each one and make sure they're set correctly).

Jzkann

*creative title*
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would start a brand new project, with no plugins at all, just a single map, and see if that works okay. If it does, start adding to it - gradually.
No, it won't work. Even without plugins, it gives the actor.json error.

What version of MV are you using? What version of core files? The two are not always the same, so make sure you look at both the version shown in the editor (this is the MV version), and open a NEW project and go to your js folder and look at the rpg_core.js file, which should have a version at the top (this is the core files version).
RPG Maker is 1.6.1, core files are 1.6.1.
Is it the standalone version (from this site), or from Steam?
The standalone trial version.

If your core files are older, the plugins may not be compatible. Your newdata files could be corrupted. In both of those cases, the problem would persist even though you started a new game. Or if you have a "base" game that you set up and are copying to create a new game, rather than going File > New from the menu, the issues with the "base" game will persist in all new games you create and may also have an older version of the core files.
I'm not really sure if those files are corrupt. I'd like to download RPG Maker but with a RAR archive, not with an installer (of course the trial version) to see if the installer is corrupt (I've tried reinstalling multiple times).

Please show a screenshot of your plugin manager. Your first error screenshot indicates you're using a number of Yanfly plugins, and the first thing you need to check with those is that they're all in exactly the right order. The second thing you need to check is that they're configured correctly (they are not plug-n-play - you actually have to go into the parameters of each one and make sure they're set correctly).
I know I have to edit plugins, all of them are configured as I'd like them to be. I have now to check if they're in the right order.
Edit: Okay, I've checked. There were one or two plugins that were above other core plugins, and now I've fixed them. But still, the error remains the same.
Edit 2!: I've tried to do one thing: in the plugin Community_Based, I've changed the rendering option from "auto" to "canvas". It actually turned pretty good! It now works in the Playtest and on Mozilla, but the problem still lasts for Chrome...

Last edited:

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I try to play it through the index.html file with Chrome shows this
You can't just open the index.html file in Chrome to play it, the file has to be hosted on a server.
Access to the files on your local filesystem is blocked if you're just running it client-side. Actors.json appears as the error because it's the first alphabetically, but actually it can't load any of the data files.

In order to playtest on Chrome, the file has to be hosted on a server. There are instructions in the Help section of MV that describes how to do this.

Jzkann

*creative title*
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can't just open the index.html file in Chrome to play it, the file has to be hosted on a server.
Access to the files on your local filesystem is blocked if you're just running it client-side. Actors.json appears as the error because it's the first alphabetically, but actually it can't load any of the data files.

In order to playtest on Chrome, the file has to be hosted on a server. There are instructions in the Help section of MV that describes how to do this.
I see. Thanks for the help :) I can declare this solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I should stop staring at the screen too long. neck hurt
I've been in Fort Myers since Thursday night. I'm going home tomorrow or the next day... lol, I desperately need a good taste of homemade Japanese food. I might not be Japanese or even Asian (I'm American born and raised), but I absolutely love authentic Japanese cooking. Restaurant food doesn't do it justice.
Haven't been working on any of my projects or resources lately as I'll soon be moving to a new apartment. It's been a stressful move but I'm really looking forward to it.
//Sees it's the same price at Best Buy for a new SSD as Amazon
//Sees it's 103F outside and Best Buy is half a hour of driving.
//Orders from Amazon.
I'll wait the 2-3 days. :LZSwink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKRDIH88