Speedvore

RPG Making since RM95!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, I'm having some trouble fully understanding how macros/text code actions/replacements work in the VisuStella Message Core plugin (currently using version 1.21), after reading through the wiki/troubleshooting pages, and was hoping someone could help clarify for me!

I'm trying to create a new text code that basically prints multiple text codes, so instead of having to type \c[15]\WindowMoveTo<620,800> in every text box, I could just type \dialogue and it would apply both of those codes (+ potentially more in the future) to my text box.

Under Text Macros, I've tried to add "dialogue" as the Match and return '\c[15]\WindowMoveTo<620,800>'; as the JS: Text in a new parameter, but it doesn't seem to be applying these codes like it does when I manually type them in a text box. It simply prints that text into the text box instead.

VisuStellaImage.png

Can someone help point me in the right direction for what I might be doing wrong?

Lostboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You'd have to write [dialogue] instead of \dialogue and you should enter your code into the STR: Text tab.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Edit: Lostboy is right:

To use a text macro, type in the matching keyword between two [brackets] and it will be replaced by the string data or run the JavaScript code found in the Plugin Parameter settings.

Speedvore

RPG Making since RM95!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You'd have to write [dialogue] instead of \dialogue and you should enter your code into the STR: Text tab.

This works perfectly now, thank you so much for the clarification! :cutesmile:

Lostboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You're welcome!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Feel free to check out our "Touch the Stars" gamejam submission, "Starlight, Starbright!"
just finished playing one shot. im kinda disappointed with return the sun ending ngl. i was hoping there would be some after credits scene that would play with my emotions
So apparently the surprise Google Search page browser game saves your progress when you close the browser.

This really makes me miss the golden age of Flash gaming.
ohh man im ending oneshot now (im doing the last stepping puzzle rn) and the music is so...sad...like...ive been thinking recently about how fast moments pass and...my anxious thoughts combined with that music and nostalgia...like...im comfortably sad...and want to cry internally
We're playing one of the Touch the Stars game jam entries, come join us!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Malfaria