Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. This used to work but I am not sure what happened that made it stop.

Plugin 1.png
Plugin 2.png
Plugin 3.png
Plugin 4.png
Plugin 5.png

Slime Drop.png

This happens when you chose the Light class change
Light Class Change Slime Drop.png

This happens when you choose the Dark Class Change
Dark Class Change Slime Drop.png

Drops just dont happen when either one of the switch's are on. No errors, no freezing, nothing. Console shows nothing wrong. I have no idea what to do here...

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not entirely sure, but a few things in the order of your yanfly plugins look off.
Please check if they are in the correct order, because it is known that several of yanfly's plugins don't work correctly if their order is even slightly off - everything needs to be in exactly the order the plugins have on their website.

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not entirely sure, but a few things in the order of your yanfly plugins look off.
Please check if they are in the correct order, because it is known that several of yanfly's plugins don't work correctly if their order is even slightly off - everything needs to be in exactly the order the plugins have on their website.
I use Aloes plug-in order checker. The only things that might be off are at the very end of the yanfly list, but that's because they don't have a defined order (according the the plug-in checker).

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated OP with arranged yanfly plugins (New Plugin List). Still, not working. Not sure whats going on.

Could it be that I have two Conditional Item Drops in one notetag?

Edit: Tested above, not the case. Still no drop.

Edit 2: Narrowing it down to a plugin incompatibility. Only Yanfly plugins on, and conditional drops work.

Edit 3: FOUND INCOMPATIBILITY! MOG_TrPopUpBattle is the issue. I might need a compatibility patch...

Last edited:

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been attempting to get this to work myself, but not having much luck. Trial and error seeing if I can make it work with HIME's "MoreEnemyDrops", which I can imagine wouldn't be much different than YEP's plugin.

I just like the look of the items dropping in battle, but Mogs plugin actually rewrites the 'makeDropItems' instead of aliasing it, and a few other things that I find kind of questionable considering some of the other plugins I use, so I may not be able to use it in the long run. :/

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been attempting to get this to work myself, but not having much luck. Trial and error seeing if I can make it work with HIME's "MoreEnemyDrops", which I can imagine wouldn't be much different than YEP's plugin.

I just like the look of the items dropping in battle, but Mogs plugin actually rewrites the 'makeDropItems' instead of aliasing it, and a few other things that I find kind of questionable considering some of the other plugins I use, so I may not be able to use it in the long run. :/
Thank you for shedding some light on the issue. Let me know if HIME's plug-in works. :)

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So @Ahuramazda has been helping me via DM's to make drop items show up. The solution was:

YEP_BattleEngineCore
MOG_TrPopUpBattle
YEP_ExtraEnemyDrops

Although, now in the victory aftermath, it shows 2 of the drop items instead of one.

Can someone help me with that? LMAO *sigh*

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
To elaborate a bit on the above comment:

in battle we see the item drop as you would expect (a single icon, meaning 1 item) and when the Victory Aftermath screen rolls anything marked as a Conditional Drop in the notetags is doubled for some reason. When battle is over and you check the player inventory though the party correctly only gained 1 item.

Enemy note for the item in question:
1582933763444.png

Pic of item dropping via MOG script, which wasn't happening originally:
1582933968287.png

Pic of Victory Aftermath showing I received 4 instead of 2 (there was 2 enemies with 100% drop in battle):
1582934035936.png

and inventory immediately out of battle:
1582934095002.png

I have torn the code apart for YEP ExtraEnemyDrops, the MOG Treasure Popup, YEP Victory Aftermath... and cannot for the life of me find where the game seems to think the items dropping from conditional drops is doubled.

Edit: should also note that the plugin order JENOVA mentioned is the only way to not cause other issues. You would think that placing the YEP ExtraEnemyDrops before the treasure popup would be the correct order, but for some reason when you place the treasure popup after YEP it completely ignores ALL conditional drops even at 100%... all other items with no condition still drop as expected.

Last edited:

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OK, need some input from the great minds on this site as to why this might be happening. I solved the issue for my game using the same plugins in question in this thread, and the following is how I fixed it for myself. Zero bugs, Zero issues at all and working perfectly.

Step one: Edit in MOG's script
Code:
//==============================
// * Initialize
//==============================
SpriteEnemyTrP.prototype.gainDropItems = function() {
    var items = this._enemy._treasure.item;
    $droppeditems = items // Edit: Added for Aftermath conformity
    items.forEach(function(item) {
        $gameParty.gainItem(item, 1);
    });
};
Step 2: Edit to YEP Victory Aftermath so it would replicate the drops exactly
Code:
Window_VictoryDrop.prototype.extractDrops = function() {
    BattleManager._rewards.items = $droppeditems // Edit: Added to force match to MOG drops
    BattleManager._rewards.items.forEach(function(item) {
    if (!item) return;
    if (DataManager.isItem(item)) this._dropItems.push(item.id);
    if (DataManager.isWeapon(item)) this._dropWeapons.push(item.id);
    if (DataManager.isArmor(item)) this._dropArmors.push(item.id);
    }, this);
    this._dropItems.sort(function(a, b){return a-b});
    this._dropWeapons.sort(function(a, b){return a-b});
    this._dropArmors.sort(function(a, b){return a-b});
    this._dropItems.forEach(function(id) {
      var item = $dataItems[id];
      if (item && !this._data.contains(item)) this._data.push(item);
    }, this);
    this._dropWeapons.forEach(function(id) {
      var item = $dataWeapons[id];
    }, this);
    this._dropArmors.forEach(function(id) {
      var item = $dataArmors[id];
    }, this);
};
Now, when in my game the items drop in the battlefield, show in Aftermath properly with 100% accuracy, and are rewarded into the inventory as expected with 100% accuracy.

When I test the same exact fix in Jenova's game, as soon as Aftermath tries to draw the item rewards, this is the crash it tosses.
1583541823832.png

I'm wondering how can one cause a crash and the other work perfectly when they are set up the exact same way?

Also, I don't need to be scolded for my probably piss-poor method of making the plugins talk to each other, I am merely looking to see what is wrong and help someone get something working for them as it works for me.

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Marking this as solved. Will ask to be closed. Thank you @Ahuramazda for your hard and dedicated work. None of this would have been possible without you. Credit will be posted in my game. :)

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you very much!
So glad I could assist!

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Social distancing extended for another week. Personally I'm cool, but this is depressing.
GOOOOD MOOORNING!
APRIL WILL BE BETTER!
First time I've seen the shelves full in my local shop in a while. Still no soap, though.
RachelTheSeeker wrote on StormyRange's profile.
Hey! Haven't I seen you before? :p Good to see you on a RPG Maker site; am pleasantly surprised. :)
When you really think about it, the Trolley Problem is pretty dumb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poot