RMMV (SOLVED)(Yanfly) How do I create a variable in the skill notetag using the Absorption Barrier plugin?

Bad_Muppet

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am trying to create a variable that stores the value of the user's magic attack (divided by 10) and have the Absorption Shield plugin use the <User Barrier: +#> script in it. However, I am having a difficult time figuring out how I can store the value into the variable. Right now my code looks like this:

Code:
var addShield = user.mat / 10;

<Target Barrier: +addShield>

The skill targets one ally. I have all of the plugins, as well.

I also tried doing

Code:
<Target Barrier: +(user.mat/10)>

but it didn't work. It seems to only work with integers.

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly put a custom option in most of his plugins - they're called 'lunatic mode' and allow you to use custom code to do effects.
Try:
Code:
  <Custom Target Barrier>
   value = Math.ceil(user.mat/10)
  </Custom Target Barrier>
in your skill notetag :)
Note that the Math.ceil isn't necessary; I just tend to use it to round numbers, because the engine doesn't always handle extreme decimals very well! But you can set value to anything you like.

Bad_Muppet

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly put a custom option in most of his plugins - they're called 'lunatic mode' and allow you to use custom code to do effects.
Try:
Code:
  <Custom Target Barrier>
   value = Math.ceil(user.mat/10)
  </Custom Target Barrier>
in your skill notetag :)
Note that the Math.ceil isn't necessary; I just tend to use it to round numbers, because the engine doesn't always handle extreme decimals very well! But you can set value to anything you like.
Okay, I missed the lunatic mode code somewhere. Thank you so much! This really helped!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A woman gave me her number without me even asking for it. Then she left because she had other patients to see.
oh, hey, I forgot about all this!

my old project got abandoned after I started working too much on stuff I'd already worked on - plus, starting to hate the story I wrote for it. Then, well, a lot of serious life **** went down. I ended up moving across the country, cutting off some people, etc. - **** was rough.

So, uh, I guess I'm back for now? Funny how things work.
I'm glad I'm sticking to my guns on having fighting game mechanics in my game, from what I've read, it's not for everyone. but for the most part, I've made it so you don't have to use them motion inputs for attacks if you don't want to.
And my project's just entered the Lunar New Year Sale 2022... Let's see if it reaches it's goal of $ 7,77.
Ohmygoodness I played Dicey Dungeons for the first time last night. Gave me SO MANY IDEAS for how to fix Heidi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StarPyra