Your future fish empress
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello all!

I recently installed yanfly's damage core plugin because I thought it would let me implement "Scratch damage", which incase you don't know means a base damage across all attacking actions. Simply put, I want my game's system to be similar to how pokemon works, where even a level 1 using tackle can do a single point of damage to a level 100 with 500 defence.

I believe that damage core can acomplish this, but I'm at a loss as to how it can acomplish this, if it can at all. I found something called "Flat Damage" and also "Flat Global", and I believe that these are the places to start, but I don't really know what these terms mean, or where it is that I'm supposed to write my notetags and what have you.

If any of you know of a plugin (or even something in MV by default) that allows scratch damage, or have answers to any of the questions I've asked, please let me know.

Thank you for reading, and have a happy new year!

Fornoreason1000

Black Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, this is really cool! I didn't know we could put IF statements in damage calculations! This is a game changer... literally! Thanks!
you can even call JS functions like Math.pow and Math.sqrt in those, infact any JavaScript will be accepted as long the end result is a number.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Nearing completion of the first major city of Albert, a vacation getaway city built a long time ago by a king who really didn't want to be invaded.
It’s definitely a great day to fit in some time for me to play no mans sky on PS4
Julyon.png

First concept art of one of our main characters love interests who might turn evil depending on her decisions. Or become king of the world. Or marry her. Maybe even everything at once.
Me: *saved the game*
Also me: *exit the game afterward*
The game: "Any unsaved progress will be lost"
Me: "uh,.. alright?"
[I feel a bit sad I did this]
"WhY?...WhY dId YoU KiLl ThEm AlL?...yOu BlOoDy HeLl MoNsTeR...I'LL MAKE YOU PAY!!! FOR THE BLOOD OF THE LOST!!!" ~Scars final words before his final battle [not final boss]

Battle Theme: Blood of the Lost
Face Sprite
Forgotten Eclipse_Scar Dead+Final Battle with him.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FoGGick855