RMMV [Solved] Yanfly's Move Route Core, "Move To: x, y" not working.

LordSpork

Lord of the Sporks
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!
I'm using Yanfly's MoveRouteCore ( http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Move_Route_Core_(YEP) ) and Vlue's GameTime ( http://daimonioustails.weebly.com/game-time-mv.html ) and I've hit a wall getting the pathfinding to work properly, if at all. :kaoswt2:

The issue:
The event in question is supposed to move to a certain tile at a specific time. However, when it hits the time for the event to move, the event's sprite gets sliced in half and freezes on the spot. UNLESS the event is 1 tile off the destination.
I know there's a 12-tile range, and I've set up a region border that prevents the event going out of range (I've manually counted).

The Region:

The Issue:
At 11.55am, the event (Harold), should walk to the exit (left tile of the red rug), but instead he apparently would rather decapitate himself.

The code:
For context, the switches check the time; first one checks the hour (between 11am and 12pm) and the second one checks the minutes (55th min - 60th min), and if both are true, then the switches are turned on and hence, the event starts. (this works 100% if I use a custom specific move route (ie, move right, move left, etc), but since Harold has a random movement before this event page triggers, his starting position is unknown, hence my need for the pathfinding).

Other attempts:
I've tried using Yanfly's Move Route Core, Shaz's SmartPath (and the edited version), but both plugins give me the exact same result, and I assume any other pathfinding plugin will too. If possible, I'd prefer just to stick with Yanfly's Move Route Core, but I'm open to try anything at this point.

I've tried using "waypoints", so setting the designated destination even shorter (the tile to the left of the gold railing) and then move him to the exit using Move Down, Move Right, etc, but I still get the same Harold decapitating himself issue.

Am I doing something wrong here? What could I try to make this work?
If I need to give any other details, let me know! Thanks in advance! :kaothx:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what does the self-switch A control?
If disabling that selfswitch makes a different page of the event active, that might be the cause.

for testing purposes, I strongly suggest changing the event in a way that you can determine if that page is active or not, for example having three different sprites for the three different pages. You can change the sprites back to normal after you solved the problem.

try a wait(20) after the set move route. Parallels without waits loop sixty times per second, and that means your set move route is overwritten sixty times a second. the wait should give it time to execute its move route. If that solves the problem, you need to experiment with how many waitframes you really need, 20 is most likely too much but better for checking and testing.

LordSpork

Lord of the Sporks
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Self Switch A has the main function of the NPC, including all the dialogue and interactions.
I'll send pics of the other two event pages.

I tried what you suggested by changing the sprites for each page, and when it comes to the third page (the one in question), it decapitates itself still but remains on the third sprite. I've added the wait (20) as well, but it made no difference.

Page 1
Checks if the day is "Monday", checks that the Hour is between 11am and 12pm, and then in the contents makes sure it's between 0-54 mins as to not overlap with the third page.

Page 2
All the dialogue and interactions.

Page 3 (one in question)

I assumed it might be going back to the first page and getting stuck, but the sprite doesn't change back to the one on the first page;

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
those tests made sure that it is not one of several other problems it could have been.
it looks as if it might be a problem with a plugin, can you give us screenshots of your plugin manager with all plugins and their order listed?

LordSpork

Lord of the Sporks
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As I opened the plugins list, I immediately became suspicious of my GALV's Diagonal Movement, so I looked in the settings and sure enough I had forgotten to disable the Diagonal Mouse setting. :kaosigh:

After disabling that, the event move script works properly now. I feel silly knowing it was something so simple haha omg. Thank you for your help, though! It's much appreciated! :kaoluv:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Squashing some bugs before releasing plugin :LZScool:The testing phase is taking more time than what I expected...
On cloud 9. My latest game got a 4/5 review today :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bananas