Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone!

This is not a problem, but more a question about how to get properly working the Common events with YEP Main Menu Manager, because there is something I would like to improve.

As you know, this plugin helps you to change in some way the commands showed in the main menu, his position, names... even adding new commands using the plugin parameters, including the Common events with this codes:
Code:
Menu 82 Name:          "Game manual"
Menu 82 Symbol:        common event
Menu 82 Show:          true
Menu 82 Enabled:       true
Menu 82 Ext:           2
Menu 82 Main bind:     this.callCommonEvent.bind(this)
Menu 82 Actor bind:

So, here is my question:
I'm using the ARP In Game Manual plugin, and I've created a command in order to open it through the main menu as a Common event command, but the thing is, when I close the Game Manual, the scene does not return to the main menu, but to the map instead.

I would like to use that common event to call the Game Manual and, once the player has finished using it, returns to the main menu, instead of the map.

Hope you can help me!

waynee95

Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's because Common Events are only executed on the map, they cannot run in the Menu. So everytime a CE will be called when the menu is open, it will close the menu.

But you could add a scriptcall to the CE that opens the main menu at the end.
Code:
SceneManager.push(Scene_Menu)

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's because Common Events are only executed on the map, they cannot run in the Menu. So everytime a CE will be called when the menu is open, it will close the menu.

But you could add a scriptcall to the CE that opens the main menu at the end.
Code:
SceneManager.push(Scene_Menu)

I tried that before, but the effect when closing the Game Manual, and then opening the main menu in the middle of the map is a bit strange. Maybe there is something we can add to the codes in plugin parameters or something to avoid closing the main menu when calling the common event, but I don't know.

waynee95

Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, as I said, common events can never run when the menu is open. It will always close the menu.

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Well, I can tell that this worked the first time. However, it seems that once I return to the Main Menu, if I try to open again the Common event command, the game closes without reason.

No log errors or something like that, and I cannot open the console because the game closes, so I don't know what it can be. It only happens with that Common event command.

waynee95

Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Open the console, when you start the game.

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Open the console, when you start the game.

No error logs, I'm afraid. And if there are, the game closes very quick, so the console does not record any errors. Anyway, I've found that putting the ARP In Game Manual at the bottom of all YEP plugins, appears the menu command to open the Game Manual without need of using common events.

Thanks for the help, anyway.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I realized that I don't talk about my game's plot too much. not that I'm hiding stuff, I just don't know what I should tell people in general that would be important. I know more so what plot points NOT to tell.
Have any of you read Sutter Kane?
jaynightwolf wrote on GalacticGod's profile.
hello GALACTICGOD I loved your characters especially the super heroes, I am new to this rpg program and I would like to know if you have more characters from DC comics, be they villains or heroes
My winter pack is now free on itch.io!
Writing music for Utara Forest, a location in All the King's Men. Nothing evokes a mysterious, dreamy sound like solo clarinet and modulation!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YoSocrates