DawnStar

Star of Hope
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's kinda hard to explain this with words, but when using Yanfly's STB (Standard Turn Battle) extension plugin alongside the side view battlers, a strange animation bug occurs after actors have performed their action. You can see this for yourself by installing YEP Battle Engine Core and YEP_X_STB (They are part of Yanfly's free plugins, don't worry), and entering a battle with a party of 2 actors or more.

When a battle starts, all sideview battlers begin their standing idle animation, and after the player selects a skill or item from the command menu, the corresponding battler performs the respective motions, and then they should resume their idle animation. Normally this is the case, except for the last battler to act before the enemies. For some strange reason, the last battler doesn't assume the standing animation but remains frozen, un-animated, until their turn comes again. No other battlers are affected by this problem, it's just the last actor in your party to act, or if there's only one, that actor.

I assume the function that updates battle motions is not properly overwritten or something. I tried calling battler's requestMotionRefresh() method, among other things, but nothing is working and I'm stumped on how to proceed.
Does anyone have any insight on where or how should I look for the way battle sprites and motions are handled, or any idea how to solve this problem?

DawnStar

Star of Hope
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also had this problem with that system and I never found a solution. It sucks because this is the only battlesystem I've found that works with yanflys other plugins and does the one person at a time thing

edit - you can try https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/instant-turn-battle.58464/
Thank you for your reply!
Yeah, Yanfly's system works great aside from that little inconvenience.

Thanks for directing me to the ITB,I was aware of it but the first time I tried that it conflicted with Yanfly's Battle AI. However it turns out I just had to disable Dynamic Actions for it to work properly.

I'll manage with that, thanks again for your help!

edit:
Since I found a good alternative, I consider this thread is solved. Thank you!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

May I make a suggestion for what language we should use for plugins?

IMG_1177.JPG
Have you opened all the advent calendar's yet? Don't forget to leave @Starbird_Resources and @WaywardMartian some love!
1638376821276.png
LOOK AT EM GOOOOOOOOOO!
Sorry for the spam with this, I'm just real happy with how this has gone :D
Custom sleep sequence done! :kaopride:
fuY8hyg.gif
The other day I posted a merchant airship tileset and said it was overflow from my Advent Calendar. @Avery said something like "that's one way to flex!" Well, this morning I woke up and realized THAT I MISCOUNTED AND AM SHORT BY ONE DAY. My face and palm are now perfectly fused together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilica0506