ST0RMTiger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You said the event calls from code basis. Does that mean it is not possible to run a common event normally through such a plugin?
In Short yes, but it (as always) depends :wink:

So see the makers javascript is written in an object oriented style. There are objects creating other objects. It makes a difference if an event is calles by another event = player or by another event = regionEvent. You cannot always access the same things (at least not in the same way).

If i just call a function, it is always parallel in the first place.

But i could imagine that there would be a solution if we could look deeper on what you expect as "normal". If you use a normal event or a (how done?) call of the common event from another event, what is functioning different? Which settings of that event do you use to make it function as you want? If you really want to go that deep, it would be best to write me on discord and to explain or even show me what you EXACTLY want to do when. I'd be open to that!

And be sure, i am glad that you appreciate the work so far :) I believe it can be helpful to others also. I totally understand that you don't want to spam all your map with events!

Best,
ST0RMTiger

ST0RMTiger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Waking up tomorrow morning i was having an idea.

This led me to Version 2.1.
download example project

You can now configure in Plugin Parameters if Player shall top moving around while executing the common event. Standard setting is like it is allowed to move though, because for most people that is what they would want for a fluent game experience (no stuttering because of lighting candles, etc.).

The only drawback comes from the point i mentioned before: There is no connection between a common event called by a Region Event and the Game Interpreter that checks if the event execution has been terminated (because of the missing Map event ID).

So if there are other common events running in parallel, their termination would also end the movement freeze of "this" region event. That may occur before "this" common event has been fully executed!

So use this option only if you are sure that no other common events (more specifically events with an ID === 0) are executed that could be terminated in between time!

All people that don't want to use this option do not have to worry, because as i said the standard would be to allow movements if not specifically set in the parameters.

@Ket As for me this is now how far a plugin can go that has still usability for the community in different situations. Anything further would be a plugin specifically for your distinct game situation. So if there is an issue still, i stay to my word and offer you to contact me directly :)

• Love
Reactions: Ket

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is simply to reduce potential lag from extreme event clutter
That's not a thing. I don't know where you learned that, but if they're not autorun or parallel processes that are doing something, an event simply existing isn't going to lag your game. Using the Region Event plugin does just about the same, computationally, as having an event on each of those tiles - it's just designed to be more efficient for you when designing.

And in the situation that it's not, you don't have to use it :wink: (Obviously, at this point, you already have this plugin extension written and that's all cool, I'm just leaving the comment for anyone else who might come across the thread)

• Wow

Ket

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Waking up tomorrow morning i was having an idea.

This led me to Version 2.1.
download example project

You can now configure in Plugin Parameters if Player shall top moving around while executing the common event. Standard setting is like it is allowed to move though, because for most people that is what they would want for a fluent game experience (no stuttering because of lighting candles, etc.).

The only drawback comes from the point i mentioned before: There is no connection between a common event called by a Region Event and the Game Interpreter that checks if the event execution has been terminated (because of the missing Map event ID).

So if there are other common events running in parallel, their termination would also end the movement freeze of "this" region event. That may occur before "this" common event has been fully executed!

So use this option only if you are sure that no other common events (more specifically events with an ID === 0) are executed that could be terminated in between time!

All people that don't want to use this option do not have to worry, because as i said the standard would be to allow movements if not specifically set in the parameters.

@Ket As for me this is now how far a plugin can go that has still usability for the community in different situations. Anything further would be a plugin specifically for your distinct game situation. So if there is an issue still, i stay to my word and offer you to contact me directly :)
This works perfectly! It has exactly everything I needed! Thank you!!

That's not a thing. I don't know where you learned that, but if they're not autorun or parallel processes that are doing something, an event simply existing isn't going to lag your game. Using the Region Event plugin does just about the same, computationally, as having an event on each of those tiles - it's just designed to be more efficient for you when designing.

And in the situation that it's not, you don't have to use it :wink: (Obviously, at this point, you already have this plugin extension written and that's all cool, I'm just leaving the comment for anyone else who might come across the thread)
Oh, is that so? :kaoswt2: I suppose I must have misremembered. What you said certainly makes sense. They all aren't actively running at the same time. I suppose if they were, that would be what would cause lag? Regardless, I want to keep things as tidy as possible. :kaoblush: After all, I will have quite a few handfuls of maps that are supposed to be the deep sea, and that would have almost the entire map filled with this one event tile. I guess it's more or less still part of wanting to keep things looking clean at the very least.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

An event actually CAN cause your game to lag, even if it's not doing anything. The reason is, every time the player moves or an event moves, it checks the position of ALL the other events to see they occupy the tile it wants to move to. It also checks every event to see if it's in a position relative to the player and has an appropriate trigger that would cause it to activate. The only time when you will actually see lag from this is when you have many events on a map, especially if there are other things that might impact speed (like a heavy parallel process event also running, such as a lighting event, or if you have a slower computer, for example). In most cases it's not noticeable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm just so close to replacing LUK with a different stat, maybe DEX but we'll see.
Slapped together a title screen and working on some dungeon clutter + portraits for Dubhghaill and Einar. Usual CW for minor body horror wrt Einar
QVLJIgD.png

OaPcYUy.png

r55FiUJ.png

EIgO94y.png
cT1V4nb.png
>studying for months for an exam
>does exam
>waits 3 months for the results to come out
>me trying to login, incorrect password
>I get recovery password
>me trying to login, incorrect password

What the heck. As a son of a Karen, I'm going to file a few complaints.
Apparently Amazon Prime users get free Genshin Impact stuff like primogems and whatnot every month, but I'm not sure I ever want to fall into the abyss of F2P ever again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AryaMaster