Developer of "Somber Elegy; Broken Dreams"
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sombersmalltransparent.png
Synopsis
"The world trembles during the night, wildlife is becoming more and more aggressive everyday, humans are going insane. These signs all point to one thing: the end of the world, at the hands of a 'God' named Valhalla. With only 30 days left until the faithful day, it's your task as the new lord of a small town to gather resources and grow stronger to be able to face off against Valhalla in due time - and hopefully survive."

Plot

Somber Elegy takes place in 236 A.D. in a country of Castillion. A peaceful country, quiet at times. Other than the sound of rumbling of the Earth during the night of the awakening of a sleeping god. You play as a Queen of a small town named Royale on the ocean coast. The Queen has been told of the rumors of the awakening of a unnamed god. A small group goes out in the world to gather materials to be protected by this god's almighty destruction.

You find out more information on who this god is... finding out that he was the First Sinner. He betrayed the Divine Goddess and was banished to the Experchantra, The Gateway between Dimensions.

After her encounter with the god in person, she has been acting strange... Her past has come back to her. The unnamed god made her into a catalyst. Her emotions and her past experiences are too much to handle. The god feeds on broken emotions making him stronger. Without it, he would've dwindled and perished centuries ago. He is causing her to think that she has no purpose, she can't do it. Someone needs to save her from his grasp, until she becomes emotionless.

She can't do it.
She can't fight it.

Thanks for reading all of this!

Note: It is impossible to complete all of the side quests and explore every inch of the game in the 30 days and with the stamina bar concept. It's only possible when you defeat the final boss.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Why I created this game
I have been depressed for over 5 years, well everyone has been depressed... I had no outlet and I was afraid on speaking my mind to anyone even my family. I wrote notes, stories, and that didn't help. I decided to brush it off but that made it worse a lot worse. I was in a bad state of mind and I didn't want to be here anymore. I decided to make my own project which was, making a game. I tried cliché stories and that didn't work much. Until... I decided to create a game based off of my emotions and how I perceive the world. So far it's going alright. This will be episodic. From how it started and how it may end.
Started new characters from scratch. Making custom made sprites used others for inspiration but that didn't go so well. My fault for that. Making custom made tilesets too.

About the game:
Somber Elegy is a narrative-based, story-rich, psychological-esque, linear RPG. The gameplay is rather straight-forward, being based solely on the completion of the story. Though to make it to the end, you'll have to use your time wisely as you have 30 days before Valhalla brings the world to another reign of torment.

The game heavily focuses on atmosphere to engage the player into the narrative, relying upon a plethora of nature sounds, beautiful scenarios and excellent background music which will take you in a singular journey to the discovering of the very truth of what happened to Aurelia and how did this all start

Features:
- 35+ hours of game-play

- 12 Dungeons to explore and raid!

– 80+ side quests (some small & some large, spanning the entire game)

– 990+ maps

– 3,500+ weapons & armor, 1,500+ items, 550+ skills/spells (unique enemy skills included)

– A total of 12 party members, constantly moving in and out of the party in accordance with the plot! Maximum party size of 6!

– High-action, REAL TIME stealth/assassination events!

– Highly developed main characters with tons of in-game dialogue! – Nearly 2 hours of dramatic, cinematic cut-scenes!

– A unique in-game Bestiary/Monster Book to log your foes’ stats and weaknesses!

– Find and fight a total of 10 challengers inhabiting towns/villages in 1 on 1 combat with no items to test a character’s might!

– 15 Dragons to find and kill that grant the party bonus statistics to distribute to your characters however you wish!

– 13 Epic Monsters/Bosses who drop special items that can be converted into unique equipment upgrades by a specialty blacksmith!

- Discover Secrets that reward the player with experience points and rare specialty items that cannot be found anywhere else!

- Discover areas unlocked after main quest completion! There is so much to explore and find within Somber Elegy!

Screenshots

#1 The Rotten Passage (Boss Altar)
Screenshot (78).png
#2 The Undercity
Screenshot (293).png
#3 Country of Ryalis (One of Six different Countries to visit)

#4 Skye's Office
Screenshot (295).png
#5 Northwall Fortress
Screenshot (452).png
#6 Countries of Castillion, Ryalis, and Isling
Screenshot (459).png
#7 Countries of Harpeia and Tirania
Screenshot (461).png
#8 Country of Misbah
Screenshot (366).png
==================================================================================

Link to my main site:

Last edited:

Error_Code503

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
August Patchnotes

Completed:

- Added 80 Quests
- Over 1,000 map
- Added and completed 40 dungeons
- Added 3 continents
- Added Achievements
- Fixed lag
- Added 7 endings
- Added 100% Route

In Progress:

- Updating waypoints script
- Fixing timers
- Fixing the storyline just a little bit
- Fixing the Quicksand script

Removed:
Nothing to be removed just yet.

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks like a great package! The game seems very atmospheric.

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The graphics are very nice. I very briefly saw this a while back on RMN and it caught my interest, I think you were developing it with someone else, right? A two person project? Best of luck to you both on this game! :)

XdnaX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The game seems awesome :-o
Great work developer will download when available (watching thread) and play soon and will give my review :)
Btw, what do you mean here

"Note: It is impossible to complete all of the side quests and explore every inch of the game in the 30 days and with the stamina bar concept. It's only possible when you defeat the final boss."

Does this have a time limit to complete game?

Error_Code503

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The game seems awesome :-o
Great work developer will download when available (watching thread) and play soon and will give my review :)
Btw, what do you mean here

"Note: It is impossible to complete all of the side quests and explore every inch of the game in the 30 days and with the stamina bar concept. It's only possible when you defeat the final boss."

Does this have a time limit to complete game?

There is a 30 day limit for the main story. After the game is complete for the main story you can venture out into the world. Do quests, explore, and uncover secrets! :D

Error_Code503

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The graphics are very nice. I very briefly saw this a while back on RMN and it caught my interest, I think you were developing it with someone else, right? A two person project? Best of luck to you both on this game! :)
I have been making it myself for most of the 2 years. I recently hired Retro earlier this year. ^^ She is a big help!

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Love the deep sea screenshot. Your mapping is very good. Keep it up!

Error_Code503

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Retro has a lot on her plate at the moment. One thing she will be doing is converting the game in MV.. It will be difficult but I hope we can pull it off ^^

Error_Code503

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello everyone! The lore of this game can be read in libraries or spread through word of mouth. From the Creation of Religion, the War of the Dark Ages, Cultist War, and Fall of Ryalis-Harpeia Republic. The lore doesn't tell much about current events. More so of what happened in the past that eventually led up to the events of this game.

Error_Code503

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Been a few months but a few things have been updated :) slowly but surely the game is near completion and I am enjoying making this game

Error_Code503

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Good News!! The game is reaching it's completion! It's going to be a wild first release when it happens! Almost 3 years of development and I am soo happy on how it turned out!

OneManIndie

THE One-Man Indie!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Good News!! The game is reaching it's completion! It's going to be a wild first release when it happens! Almost 3 years of development and I am soo happy on how it turned out!
CONGRATULATIONS!:rock-left::mrsatan::rock-right:

Error_Code503

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm back from an 11 year hiatus. Lol
I sometime envy the people that haven't played Skyrim yet. I feel like I could trade the whole world to be able to make my first pilgrimage to High Hrothgar all over again
Come join us while we play Pocket Mirror by Astral Shift! :LZSjoy: Starting at 2PM ET today!
Tried changing profile icon but...It just felt weird, you know? Who would even want to talk to me if I didn't have this fat yellow rodent thing....Or whatever it is as a mascot....No one, that's who! I am nothing without it. NOTHING!!..
I am having such a good hair day but because it's thunderstorms all day I don't go out and as such nobody will see my hair >.< It's not often my hair cooperates!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aki42