Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey there guys. I have some small ideas for games for ramble interactive. Tell me what ideas you like.

1:dragon quest style fantasy RPG (*edit* Also it's gonna have a cartoon look. I can't draw anime)
2:FNAF fan-game that is Dragon quest heroes. Rocket slime themed (Probably not going to happen)
3:Si-Fi RPG that has similar humor to games like earthbound or undertale (also the party leader is a robot but everyone else is human)

Last edited:

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sci-Fi, but not EB or Undertale as those are very bleh. Sci-Fi RPG more like Star Ocean with maybe the humor content of something like Dragon Quest. <3

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Weeeeeeeelllll..... I have never played star ocean before. And also i don't get much humor from the Dragon Quest games. except for that french headmaster at the medal academe in DQ XI. and the time that sylvando woke up eleven after the MMA competition. Also DQ XI

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
None of those sound good to me. I don't mean that they can't be good games - they can be good games if made well - and your ideas are not bad... but essentially all I'm hearing is "the game will be like X other game and the heroes will be Y". Nothing really captures the imagination or emotions. So it's really hard to say which one you should make.

The best advice I can give you is to think long and deeply about why you loved games like FNAF, Undertale, and Dragon Quest. What made them fun? What made them inspire emotions (like fear in FNAF) and why do similar games not inspire that same fun/emotions? What kinds of new mechanics, heroes, or scenarios could you create that will inspire that same fun/emotions? If you can nail that (it's easier said than done), you have the first step toward creating a great game.

If you're stuck, I recommend reading "Level Up" by professional game designer Scott Rogers. It's an easy and enjoyable read that helps you get your ideas down on paper.

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Don't ask us what you want to do, ask yourself! And yourself says dragon quest for one, it is reflected in your choice of avatar, and two, it was the first one you decided to list!
My reasoning is beyond reason. Your question hast been answered! You are welcome! Good luck on your gam mak.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
wavelength. I must say something. I never played FNAF before but I have seen videos about it. even though its 13+ I'm kina scared of the game. so that's why I put the "probably not going to happen" next to that idea. *EDIT* I have made some choices. the fantasy RPG and the Si-Fi RPG will become games for ramble interactive. And they will now have working title names. Fantasy: Quest for amulets. Si-Fi: A robot's journey. as for the other game (4 nights at rockets) for right now is canceled. I really don't like the idea of making a horror game when my compony is brand-new. But in the future, 4 nights at rockets, will (maybe) come back. as for the other two. I will try to make the games original. Like what wavelength sayed

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Interesting week. Lots of stress and anxiety especially on Tuesday but still got thru it. How is everyone doing?
I was pleased with how the little ... whatever those square bits like upside-down turrets on the skirt are? I like how they turned out. Here's a little ranger/bandit/archery enthusiast to model it:

TestChara-08.gif

I'm calling her Robin because obviously.
Just downloaded the demo and boy howdy are my arms tired (???) :kaohi:
I just watched a trailer for the upcoming 2021 JRPG Fantasian. They demonstrated an interesting mechanic where random encounters can be sent to a stockpile instead of fighting them right away, which can be emptied in a single battle string at the player's choice of timing.
"The pleasure from the senses seems like nectar at first, but it is sour as the toxin in the end." -Kirshna

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drags4g