Some icons, free to a good home

lord_steak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
With the community being as welcoming and helpful to newcomers and total noobs at Ruby (like me), I thought I should give back a little, from what I can offer thus far.  These are all from scratch; hopefully you guys can make use of 'em.  A quick mention in the credits is all I ask.  All of 'em have a straight-black border (#000000).

Some Icons.png

Enjoy.EDIT: accidently left one in there that wasn't completely my work.  (btw, that time delay between posting the original thread and this edit is due to this old laptop that drags to a crawl online, the one that m' wife simply cannot figure out why I feel it need be replaced [yes, there's an argument right now])

Last edited by a moderator:

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Microscope!

Stomach!!!!!

Xray?

Thanks!

RPGTRIBE

Writer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Very cool. But I can't tell what some of the icons are...

Cawill

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow, cool!  I get this earthbound kind of feeling when I went over them and checked em out, great job!

lord_steak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks.  The upper row, left to right is (supposed to be) an eyedropper, somebody knocked on their back, a ball-and-chain, a person scared to the point of blue in the face (or possibly choking to the point of blue in the face; take your pick), a stomach, a vial of two-part epoxy, a blank space, a bird beak with a rock (trying for a cockatrice beak), a spindle tree berry (needed a poisonous berry, so...), a long tufted tail, and a circuit board.
The lower row is (supposed to be) an electrical cable, a capacitor, a circuitboard-sized transformer, a gyroscope, a variac (variable transformer), random computer chip, a ceramic insulator, a solenoid, some kind of generator, random high-tech device, and a coil.

RPGTRIBE

Writer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow, that's good. Awesome icons.

Thanks for sharing!

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Loving the eye dropper and motherboard. Will definitely be using the former for my RPG, heh. Been needing a good "blind-curing eye drops" item icon. =P

lord_steak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here's six more; I'm considering altering the battle menu so as to set an icon beside each command.

six more.png

1.  A foot tripping over a rope or wire.

2.  Could be used for healing/white magic (or maybe an alternative ice icon).

3.  Intended for attack spells, since m' first impression of black magic came from Final Fantasy IV; the casting animation then was a spiky green ring.

4.  A blue square rotated 45 degrees, on a gradient from inside to out.  Intended for blue magic.

5.  A person sitting cross-legged, with the seven chakras according to Hindu tradition highlighted in their corresponding positions and colours.  Should be obvious what that's intended for.

6.  A pair of crossed smallswords.  Intended for a sword technique skill set.

EDIT: forgot to post one:

one more.png

A chicken.  For the escape command.  Seemed fitting.

Enjoy!

CrypticCuddler

Free Hugs
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's an awesome chicken 8D great job on all of those icons!

lord_steak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
EDIT: after merging threads, most of what was originally said probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I was scrambling to get this done before m' wife and I depart for vacation tomorrow morning...coffee and I will be best pals on the drive north.  Anyways, after completely revamping the icon set I have for m' project (mostly 'cuz I realized I don't know who to credit on many that came from a single super-huge icon set), I thought I should share the ones that turned out better.  Might redo the ones I was less fond of, but that's a whole other release somewhere down the road that might not happen.  So then! icons.  Here's several, and the description therein:

more icons.png

Row 1: New set o' buffing icons, in colours I associate with something highly positive.

Row 2: New set o' debuffing icons, in colours I associate with something highly negative and in stark opposition to the preceding association.

3-1: Poison ivy leaves.  I have an "Itchy" state, so....

3-2: A seax.  Knife given a Saxson when he became a man.  Hooray, sons of the seax, and feeling foolish for not putting two and two together earlier on this front.

3-3: A main gauche, looking at the knuckleguard.

3-4: Curved-edge dagger of some flavour.

3-5: A kitchen knife.

3-6 through 3-9: Throwing daggers with a few variations.

3-10 through 3-12: My rendition of a kunai.

3-13: A shuriken.  'Nuff said.

3-14: A basket-hilted sword, like a schiavona.

3-15: A falchion.

3-16: A scimitar, including the curvature in the grip that's commonplace across all varieties of saber.

4-1: Another scimitar/falchion.

4-2: A Pappenheimer-styled rapier (quillions, knuckleguard and double-clamshell).

4-3: A typical Torino-styled rapier.

4-4: A rapier with quillions and nothing else.  Kinda like an estoc.

4-5: A backsword style of rapier.

4-6: A multi-flanged mace.

4-7: A flintlock pistol.

4-8: Claws to strap onto one's hand.

4-9: A zweihander.

4-10: A thick-bladed greatsword with a spiffy hilt.

4-11: A poleaxe with some of the head cut out to reduce weight.

4-12: A double-headed axe that probably is too fancy for actual combat, unless enchanted.

4-13: An abaya.  Not the most-flattering thing a lady can wear.

4-14: A lady's doublet.

4-15: A bustier...just in case you've got a scene where ya' might consider suddenly cutting to a shot outdoors at a window, behind which a light or candle is suddenly put out before a slower fade to black.  Should handle such scenes with taste, eh?

4-16: The matching hijab and niqab to an abaya.

5-1: A bicorne hat.

5-2: A barbut with wings on it.

5-3: A medieval hood with battlements, and split colours.  Fairly common garb in the right time period.

5-4: A plain teal masquerade mask.

5-5: A porcelain full mask.

5-6: Kneepads.

5-7: Semi-steampunk goggles.

5-8: A black megaphone.  Go team?

5-9: An older-style hyperdermic syringe filled with something green.  Remember to fill these things all the way up with liquid; otherwise you'll risk giving your patient The Bends.

5-10: An Arabian lamp, lit.  Sorry, no genies this time.

5-11: A gorget, styled after the one I wear in SCA fencing.

5-12: Collapsable telescope.

5-13: A pendant of a crescent moon.

5-14: A spinner lure.  Anyone going fishing?

5-15: Styled after the Faberge eggs.

5-16: A radar screen.

6-1: A different pendant of a crescent moon.

6-2: A rosary.  Had to count the beads on one to get it right since I'm not Catholic.

6-3: Some bourbon.

6-4: Some pills.  If anybody's looking to add addiction to their game, I've got the icons, I guess.  o_o;;

6-5: A coffee bean.  Now starting to hear that old song Java Jive.

6-6: A golden needle.  Typical of the Final Fantasy series, to heal petrifaction.

6-7: A bedroll.  Camping is good.

6-8: A Viking-style of tent, in colours I find delightful, in no small part 'cuz of where I studied.

6-9: Screw.  Need to build something?

6-10: A femur.  Kinda lose detail at 24x24px., but it's still obvious which bone.

6-11: A cow horn, sawn off.

6-12: An elephant tusk.  Would never want to harvest ivory in real life.

6-13: A turtle carapace.

6-14: Rainbow shell, based off a whelk.

6-15: Partially iridescent scale.

6-16: An eyeball, with some of the surrounding tissue still attached.  Slightly more macabre.

7-1: A much-better gyroscope than m' first attempt.

7-2: A small hexagonal crystal, based of greenockite (had to look up what went into certain paints)

7-3: Based off crystals of realgar and orpiment...both are arsenic sulfide, and really friggin' toxic.

7-4: A gold pocketwatch, still closed.

7-5: A scarlet orthorhombic crystal with minor twinning.

7-6: The most expensive spice I know of: saffron.

7-7: A pot, in the Greek style, but not painted/glazed.

7-8: Bottles o' booze.  Please drink responsibly, if you drink at all.

7-9: Cacao fruit.  The beans needed to make chocolate are inside of it, and will need much processing before it's tasty.

7-10: A cellular device, or something that kinda looks like one.

7-11: A flash disk.  I'm surprised how small they make 'em.

As before, they're free to a good home to be used and/or edited for one's needs; just give me credit.  Off to bed, and then the U.P. awaits.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Actually, because you're not allowed to make more than one thread for the same type of resource, we do allow necroposting in your own thread for the sake of adding new content. It looks like your other thread is a different resource type so it's fine either way, but if you want me to I can merge them.

lord_steak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
EDIT: what was said here isn't needed after merging threads.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah, found the icon topic! For some reason I thought you only had one other resource topic, glad I found the others before merging. Although now I feel silly for not noticing before.

Topics merged.

lord_steak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
And, just for grins, here's a different style of scythe than what's in the original set.

and a scythe.png

Just outta curiosity, is anybody looking for something in particular?  I seem to have a reasonable handle on making these things, and am debating whether or not to take requests.

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Any good sci-fi futuristic ones, like a futuristic ray gun, perhaps a robot arm, etc?

lord_steak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, hadn't tried m' hand at robotic anything before, and m' first run definitely looks like a robot arm...but one that does factory work.  Oh well.  Also wasn't sure if you were watching to do a tribute sort of game, or something brand-spankin'-new.  So...based several after something a bit better known, some more blatantly than others.

still more icons.png

1.  Ray gun, based off a Federation phaser.

2.  Ray gun, based off Han Solo's blaster.

3.  Utility device, based off the 11th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver.

4.  Plasma sword, based off a lightsaber.

5.  Futuristic dagger, based off a Klingon D'k tahg.

6.  Futuristic bladed weapon, based off a Klingon Bat'leth.

7.  Ray gun, new sprite.

8.  Robotic arm.

And, just 'cuz I got to throw a few last night at the local SCA meeting:

9.  A throwing cross, though they called 'em "hurl-bats" last night; found them difficult to hit the target after throwing the French axes, since the axes should be released later than these things.

10. Another, this one from more precious materials.
Again, just give me credit, and have it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV
It's ironic, but one of the many hilarious things done with Shia's Just Do It speech was to make a hype song, and....I know what it is.....but I still get inspired by it! I'm like..."Yes I can!!"
That moment when you realize you lost time frankenstiening a sprite together, only to realize it already exited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HamadAhli