Villager
Reaction score
First Language
RO
Primarily Uses
VNM
Using action ui and default interface.
This is a simple matter but i can't get it to work. :|
Not using the "add choices" and "show choices" common events, i get this by default: I would like to use the default/custom created choices box to appear like this Call "add choice" common event doesn't have the -On select; Label- etc-. It is possible to create the "add choice" common event to act like the blue "add choice" one?:)

I have set (wrongly, i'm afraid) to right click open the save menu but instead of save menu, i get this I also tried to set the middle mouse button to open the backlog but it doesn't work: Can someone correct these mistakes? :cutesmile:

Last edited:

Spica

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
I recommend watching the tutorial here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1222621152
Action game UI means it's an evented template meaning it's not automatic since it's not scripted. If you are familiar with RPG Maker it becomes easier to understand the difference. But what this means is that if you want to use the Action Game UI elements, you have to follow the examples used in the Sample Scene.

4Lore

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
RO
Primarily Uses
VNM
I have watched the above video but it doesn't answer my questions.:|
I never used any rpg engines.
The thing with the sample scene "add choice" common event, like i said above is restrictive in contrast to the "add choice" command.:headshake:
edit: When the 1080p template will be released i will add my custom interface, so i will not want those ugly script menus to be displayed anywhere.:)

Last edited:

Spica

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
I have watched the above video but it doesn't answer my questions.:|
I never used any rpg engines.
The thing with the sample scene "add choice" common event, like i said above is restrictive in contrast to the "add choice" command.:headshake:
edit: When the 1080p template will be released i will add my custom interface, so i will not want those ugly script menus to be displayed anywhere.:)
Like I said, the video already shows you that if you test it with the two different templates, they're UIs implemented completely differently. It's not restrictive at all. Instead it uses a Call Scene instead of labels which essentially functions the same. Commands are copied to the original scene. The difference is implementation.

If you don't want to use the default built-in UI and want to use the default commands as is, you need to learn how to modify the JSON scripts through programming.

4Lore

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
RO
Primarily Uses
VNM
Like I said, the video already shows you that if you test it with the two different templates, they're UIs implemented completely differently. It's not restrictive at all. Instead it uses a Call Scene instead of labels which essentially functions the same. Commands are copied to the original scene. The difference is implementation.
I will only use the Action UI and you misunderstood what i was saying.

If you don't want to use the default built-in UI and want to use the default commands as is, you need to learn how to modify the JSON scripts through programming.
If i wanted to code(btw: i don't like coding) i wouldn't have bought VNM, i would have used script based engines.

Edit: I guess that is a little more orderly using "add choice & show choice" common events: Well, this is how it supposed to look using the standard interface:D. The thing is, for every dialogue with 2 or more choices i must have 200+ subscenes :dizzy: with the answers.

Last edited:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I can see where your problem now. Unfortunately you will have to edit the JSON for that but I can whip something up. Hold on.

EDIT:
Ok here goes.
  1. Save your project.
  2. Download the zip file. Do not Extract.
  3. VNMaker -> Tools -> Extension Manager -> Install -> Select this ZIP file.
  4. Wait for it to install and say yes to all prompts. It will restart VNM to show the extension.
If everything goes well, you should see this in your scripts tab.
upload_2017-12-11_4-44-49.png

It should work as is. But you might not like how the font is set up, go here:
upload_2017-12-11_4-45-25.png
It's very self explanatory. But name is the font name you want to use. Make sure it's the same in your resource manager/graphics/fonts name if you are using custom. Size is the font size. Bold if you want it bold. If you don't, set it to false.

And that's mostly the extent of the edits you want to do! Just hit save and play test using the green button if it's not reflecting immediately on Live Preview and it should work as intended.

Attachments

Last edited:

4Lore

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
RO
Primarily Uses
VNM
It is the exact thing i was looking for.:guffaw:
Thank you Archeia for this cool extension. :cutesmile:

Now it remain only those darn mouse buttons :)(right click button for save and middle button for scroll log). I searched the steam discussions forum and i came up with the examples i posted above, which don't function properly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A part of me wants to return back to the beginning and first two chapters and remake them with parallax map. But I have decided not to. Every chapter is just another step in the journey. No need to walk back unless I have to revise dialouge.
Hey guys! Good news!
I just released the Games from Brazil - Part 2 on my Youtube Channel! I am really happy that part 1 had 100 views and I hope more people will be interested to see the potencial of Brazilian Game Devs!
Effervesce Fallacy™ - Attract Mode (proto)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS