Some (maybe not) useful resources for RPG Maker 2003

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by BloodSoakedPuppeteer98, Jan 7, 2019.

1. BloodSoakedPuppeteer98

BloodSoakedPuppeteer98 Warper Member

First Language:
    English (AUS)
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    This thread is mostly for "tools" I've made (unless otherwise stated) to help with the likes of resource creation and whatnot. I've only got a few of them right now, but they will (hopefully) increase as time goes on... And these are specifically for RPG Maker 2003 right now, but if I get a bit better at coding, then maybe I might include RPG Maker XP stuff... Maybe...

Now, when using these tools, I don't recommend using MS Paint. A good alternative I'm using is Paint.Net, which, despite how much it tends to consume computer resources, is good at converting to 8-bit without stripping colour information...

1. 256 Colour Palette (not mine).
    I found this 256 colour palette on the Internet that works well with Paint.Net's 8 bit conversion and is compatible with RM2k3. It has a somewhat user-friendly size and layout, and has some space at the bottom that one can use for colour palette comparisons:
    2. Autotile Assistance Template
    I made this myself, although I suspect someone else may have already come up with this idea. Using transparency and layers, I've managed to create a system to help one draw the inner tiles of an autotile, which can be monotonous and intimidating, especially for beginners. Once you've finished drawing the autotile, you can copy and paste it into your chipset. This image is free to use, and is in a .pdn format because I couldn't, for the life of me, convert it to .tiff without it wanting to flatten the image... I put it in Discord for fast download and it is free to use. Perhaps someone who is way better at coding than me could turn it into a program to generate a better template for inner corners... perhaps I could... but that's a BIG if.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...677562582073364/Autotile_Assistance_Image.pdn

Welp, that's all I have for now. As I said, I didn't have very many "tools" to show you. But I might develop more... I dunno...

Lonewulf123 likes this.
  2. Lonewulf123

Lonewulf123 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Enlish
    That palette will come in handy! Thanks!!

3. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Since this is for tools and not for resources to be used directly in the engine, this doesn't belong here in 2k/3 Resources. I'm going to move it over to useful development tools.