evmaster

Is probably eating a brownie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've heard that too many parallel events running will cause lag for players. So I haven some questions related to this.

1. What is the most parallel events you can run on one map? (Including parallel in Common events)

2. Can you run as many parallel as you want as long as you add a wait command to each of them? (I'm still not clear on how wait command helps parallel events)

3. If an event is set to parallel, and the only event command is a conditional branch that checks for whether a switch is on and off, and if the switch is on it does something, does this mean the event is continuously running/looping to check if the switch is on or not? What if the switch is off?(Does something as in changes tilesets for seasons, changes actor image, etc, something that wouldn't disrupt game play such as an infinite loop message) Would this kind of parallel event lag the game maker? Would this kind of parallel event interfere or coincide with the other parallel events in a bad way?

I just want a good understand of parallel events before I waste 10+ hours for something bad to happen.

Thanks in advance!

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
every event and every page of an event is always running checks on page conditions.
even normal events can lag the game if theres to many on 1 map, parallel events just use more ram since they are continually looping the events contents as well as checking the page conditions.
so a limit to how many isnt really an exact number it all comes down to the processing power of the device its going to be played on.

a wait command basically just tells the event to skip its constant checking/looping for X frames/seconds which will momentarily reduce the ram used.

3. this seems a little redundant. since all events check page conditions constantly anyways you could make it so the parallel process only starts after the is switch on condition is already met.
as mentioned above events check page condition 24/7 while parallel is checking page conditions and looping the content. you would only need the event to be doing an actual if switch on check if it being off has a different effect.

evmaster

Is probably eating a brownie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So if I make a parallel event that changes the actor's sprite once they enter a map, would erase event stop the event from looping? Or should I turn on and off a switch to ensure it doesn't keep running the parallel?

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
erase event will definitely stop it from looping. event wont even exist anymore until next time reload that map. (which mean less events for the game to be doing constant background checks on)
use a switch if:
A: would need to repeat the event without having changed maps
or B: this is a common event

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

rux
The most words I have ever written in an entire document is in my game's script, jeez i have a lot of characters that ramble on
Yes! I finally did something! This is a picture I drew of what I wish I looked like; I hope that you guys like it!
Finished that egg-sitting mini-game I mentioned here a couple weeks back. Now to fix the weather system so it doesn't rain indoors while you're playing it. >.> A simple fix in itself; leave it to me to take it as an excuse to completely revamp the time/weather/lighting system from scratch.
I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DawnStar