SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am thinking about submitting my current project "Wanda" on BFG since it's very casual friendly than typical RPG games. But I haven't seen any RM games on BFG lately.

Do they still accept RM games? Is there any specific requirement for getting an RM game on BFG?

Last edited by a moderator:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The last I heard, no they did not. I think there is a thread somewhere here about it, might try searching for it.

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The last I heard, no they did not. I think there is a thread somewhere here about it, might try searching for it.
:( I will look for that thread, thanks.

I believe they started refusing them because they take too long to do QA on. :)
Ouch! ;_;   Wanda is rather short and linear "puzzle" type game tho. Can be finish within 2-3 hours. Do they just outright refuse base on the engine?

Mouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
BFG tests the hell out of their games. There's a lot that can go wrong in an 'open' style RPG - even a 'linear' one compared with the style of games they push out every day.  I haven't been a card puncher in a while, but I remember the number of even 'road builder' titles and such decreasing over time...

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, I believe so. Unfortunately, I think it largely comes down to the old "oversaturation of bad RM games" bit. When people saw there were some good RM games doing successfully on BFG, they would rush to make their own and get it on there.

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
Wanda is rather short and linear "puzzle" type game tho. Can be finish within 2-3 hours. Do they just outright refuse base on the engine?
They might.

It's been a while since I've looked at their requirements, but I recall that they (at some point) also had rules about the game resolution, mouse support and a couple other areas that made it really difficult to push through an RPG Maker game. The majority of their audience like casual Hidden Object games with higher def graphics, with a percentage also enjoying time management. So, anything that deviates from that is a risk they might not be willing to take. It's easier when it's an existing franchise with proven sale numbers. But I haven't seen them take on a whole lot of indie games otherwise.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which is a shame, because finding the Aveyond series on BFG is what got me into RM. I also stopped subscribing not long after they stopped allowing them. Only so many hidden object games I can play. :p

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
They told me it's because of QA. I told them my games had been around for years (so very safe choices) but they still apparently would like to do the QA themselves. *shrugs*

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are better off sending your game to Amaranth Games and Aldorlea Games.  They welcome RPG Maker games and have a strong following.  You have a better chance of having your game accepted, and the majority of their audience, unlike BFG, is interested in RPGs.

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How about MV games. They now matched the criteria to be release on BFG (resolution, mouse and keyboard, etc...) would it impacted now or still BFG won't accept them?. And I also notice all RM games are removed from BFG collections especially their considered most popular Aveyond series in their list.

Last edited by a moderator:

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are better off sending your game to Amaranth Games and Aldorlea Games.  They welcome RPG Maker games and have a strong following.  You have a better chance of having your game accepted, and the majority of their audience, unlike BFG, is interested in RPGs.
Of course I will (They are my favourite RM portals) :)

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
And I also notice all RM games are removed from BFG collections especially their considered most popular Aveyond series in their list.
Remove from which collections?

Mouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Keep in mind, too - Yes, BFG is a massive games portal, but any regular customer there knows that they have a 2 for 1 sale every so often and so 'saves up' their purchases for those days [Remembers the 'good old days' when they had 2 for 1 on bonus punch day and bonus punch games still filled punch cards]. Unless you were to somehow get them to classify your game as a 'Collector's Edition' that means most purchasers are going to paying $3.49 for your game (if not $2.99, and I don't know how they handle 'punch card' purchases).  That puts them squarely in 'app store' pricing land.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I remember trying to get them to publish one of my games as CE but they are extremely picky about this.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is nothing stopping you approaching them.

IF they consider publishing your game, they will make you work extremely hard, and ask you to change things that have nothing to do with bugs.

I really don't know if it's worth it, considering they push HOGs like crazy these days and ANY other genre barely gets a look-in, their prices are sooooo low and there's a sale every other weekend, and their commissions would eat up most of what's made.

I will be waiting to see if the next Amaranth Games game goes to BFG.  If anyone can get an RPG Maker game on there, it's Amanda.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

How you feel about font and dialogue box changing for every main character while the minor cast and regular npc get their own styles? Too much?
Just found an obviously custom effect (i.e. edited by me) in my resources>sounds folder called "rip jaw off". Dear Lord what is wrong with me as a person that at some point I needed a sound *specifically* for THAT??
(...rhetorical question.)
so like with the whole 'familiarity breeds contempt thingy', how are you supposed to tell if your title screen/battle music gets really tedious after a few dozen plays or if you're just personally hella sick of it?
YAY!!! My third help Guide STEAM integration in MV (High performance) has been posted!

Both the polls for the 3rd Original Character Contest ended with 5th place ties! So let's break those ties. Vote now for your favorite of the ones tied!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
five88uytin1