Some questions about the looseleaf sprite generator

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Jammythewerewolf, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Jammythewerewolf

Jammythewerewolf Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey, I'm really new to posting here, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place. I just have some things I'd like to ask.

I'm thinking of making a game, (most likely non commercial) at... some point in the future. I'd just like to know more copyright information regarding Mack's looseleaf sprite generator. Namely, is it permitted to edit the sprites after making them there (recolouring, adding things in, changing the look of things in another program, etc.) And what is the best/required way to credit the creator? Is it enough to state that they made the resources in the credits of the game and in a text document in the game folder? Should an url be included in the text document to the sprite generator?

Lastly, I've heard some talk about rtp, so I also wondered what I'd need to do regarding that, as I'm not entirely sure what it means.

Many thanks!

2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I've moved this thread to Useful Development Tools. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

At least, I think that's probably the best place for it.

As far as I'm aware, you are free to edit them. I've done so, but I'd need a refresher in the exact terms.

Yes, crediting in the game credits and/or text document is sufficient.

RTP stands for Run Time Package - a download for each engine up through Ace that included all the default graphics, music, etc. Thus, the default graphics and music are often called RTP. You may edit them, and the only credit needed is Kadokawa.

edit: @Jammythewerewolf Got curious and found this in our wonderful thread by the amazing slimmmeiske2's thread. Should answer your questions about Looseleaf.

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...e-of-japanese-blogs.27527/page-16#post-540446

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Jammythewerewolf likes this.