Riku_Masamune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I remade this map, and to further test that this issue can be repeated, I made a new project with no plugins. warning, loud ping at the end. Clicked a wrong key. Any help to solve this would be most appreciated. This is my video to showcase the issue:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My first guess would be that you've drawn something over those areas then decided you didn't like it there, and used a blank tile to remove them, except that tile had a X passage setting. Go on all layers except where the floor is drawn, and use the top left B tile to draw over those tiles you can't walk on, and see if it fixes it.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to MZ Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Pootscooter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Mandarin
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Definitely not a glitch/bug...you simply mapped a tile that happens to deny passability. I'm guessing you shift-mapped this from your other project into this new project, right?

Riku_Masamune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My first guess would be that you've drawn something over those areas then decided you didn't like it there, and used a blank tile to remove them, except that tile had a X passage setting. Go on all layers except where the floor is drawn, and use the top left B tile to draw over those tiles you can't walk on, and see if it fixes it.

Alright, thank you that fixed it. I've had this issue on MV as well, so used a plugin to put a region on it to traverse.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you didn't need a plugin. You just made a common mapping mistake.

When you want to erase tiles you've put down, ALWAYS use the top left B tile and no others from the B-E sheets.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm moving on from RMXP finally. I've been stuck in a difficult decision between XP and MZ, and I've given up and moved on to MZ. Overall I'm really liking it, I wish tilesets were easier to setup like XP, but it's actually not that bad!
Have you ever gone full 'Ship of Theseus' while frankenspriting? Because I just did.
I saw my new eye doctor today, he reminds me of Satoru Iwata for some reason
I've been using a modified version of a script called Multiple Messages. It makes my text boxes look like a Mario & Luigi game! There is something about it that bothers me a little bit, but I shouldn't worry about that now.

Side note, Mist's walking animation is almost perfectly in sync with Loose Yourself by Eminem.
Starting work on some stuff for the community. Hopefully it will be fun, and useful to somebody.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nick7626