Someone is trying to steal my game

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Project CROSS, Aug 19, 2019.

?

Support moi~

1. YES YES YES

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. subscribe to pewdiepie

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Project CROSS

Project CROSS RGSS2 User Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Heya! Project CROSS here! Real name, Roy Luigi Cruz. Head developer of Team Clockwarkgate. I made the rpg maker games "Hope's Fleet Frontier" series and I love kerrets

Someone is taking credit of my work in a facebook group, and somewhere in 4chan. This guy has been harrassing me and attempting to steal my ongoing game for like a year now. Not many people know me in this website... I mean I dont have that much followers and friends. I think maybe I should introduce my under development game here before this guy does and take credit again. There's a PM below amd he sent me that to troll me.

This is my only account here and here's a sample of my ongoing project.

DSR-Narcisse

DSR-Rayne

DSR-Nicolai

DSR-Prism

DSR-Enji

DSR-Lou

DSR-Taiyaki

DSR-Edward

DSR-Remina

DSR-Else

Attached Files:

Gabriel-Chi and ClarkVevil like this.
  2. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry to hear about this. Can't you forward the PM to FB management? Not too sure how this sort of stuff is handled over there. If that doesn't work, couldn't you try posting the PM in the group so everyone can see this person for the charlatan they truly are?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    Project CROSS likes this.
  3. StreetCherub

StreetCherub Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow this is really sad. I don't really understand why anyone would WANT to take credit to a game like this? And threatening you to give it to them? That is just very bizarre.

FirestormNeos and Project CROSS like this.
  4. OmnislashXX

OmnislashXX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It sounds like you need to take the initiative and kick this guy's butt.

k_mckenzie and Hyouryuu-Na like this.
  5. Darth Equus

Darth Equus Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Um, doesn't he realize that he basically just handed you the key to dismantling his little plans? I mean, that screenshot is enough to discredit him.

6. Mr. Detective

Mr. Detective NATO Special Operative Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Send everyone in that group the screenshot and tell them who you are.

Sounds like a juicy case for a lawyer, I'd say.

Hyouryuu-Na likes this.
  7. Poryg

Poryg Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    His facebook profile is public. Let's take him down?

Hyouryuu-Na and Nekohime1989 like this.
  8. Project CROSS

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    i made a public post in 2 FB rpgmaker groups too. All I need is to show the crowd that im the actual developer of the game. More of an exposure of my work because I post less update about the game since its still in production.

Even if I report the profile, he is still using for like 9 fake accounts. I already block em

i rather take initiative on showing my game and let people know that i made this.

he is trolling me and i think he enjoys it when I panic and make actions. His mom also said he is autistic (yeah, his mom even contacted me for his pardon)

I'm not onto revenge retaliation stuff. Whats important is the public knows i made the game. Even with the slight idea of knowing it, in a positive or negative way.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  9. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm vengeful, but that's not the reason why I wanted to take him down.
    The reason is, many people learn to regret the bad things they do only when they face reprecussions from them. And if they don't face reprecussions, they only get more daring. It's not even about retaliation. It's more about, as I say, if their parents can't nourish their child, someone has to. And if she tries to excuse his behavior by autism, then she ultimately failed as a mother.

10. Mr. Detective

Mr. Detective NATO Special Operative Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You don't need to post 4 different posts to respond to 4 different people, lol. :kaoswt:

In the US, people like to use mental illness as an excuse, hoping for a free pass when they do something stupid. If the mother is not able to keep her son under control, threaten her with lawsuit. [​IMG] It might be enough to scare her to put a leash on the dude. If she's just ignoring you, then it's obvious that she doesn't care enough and her son is just being a jackass. I don't know how this all got started, but you are entitled to protect your intellectual property. Contact facebook support (though I think they suck but just try), and continue to show proof to everyone in that group that he's a fraud. Let's see how far this goes. [​IMG]

kaukusaki, Project CROSS and Poryg like this.
  11. jweav8705

jweav8705 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Why anybody here thinks reporting anything would rewlly work in this situation is beyond me. FB doesn't care about personality conflicts or art theft, it's not really their problem. If there was money being lost then a company could start a lawsuit.
    --------------
    @Poryg
    Everytime you post, I like you more and more. Let me know what you have in mind. I was going to delete my FB but I decided to hold on to it since its back from 2006, and would be hard for someone to prove it as a troll account.
    ---------------
    As many other people here have stated, you have the dismantling screenshots. Post them places.
    Where is you're game available for download? Modify those pages to say what your usernames are across your platforms. You could even go as far as saying "I'm NOT these names."
    Post that screenshot everywhere. Send it to group members.

What confuses me even more is he says
    "Your stuff is no good"
    But also
    "Let me take credit for it."

He's just trying to strong arm you into compliance.

What group is he a part of?
    Post the group.

"His mom also said he is autistic (yeah, his mom even contacted me for his pardon)"
    That wasn't his mom.
    He already has how many accounts?

FirestormNeos and Project CROSS like this.
  12. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    @Project CROSS I merged your posts together. If you want to quote more than one post, please use the Multiquote button/+Quote all posts. Alternatively you can use the @ username method to reply.

13. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @jweav8705 We've had problems with people stealing from the community members. The community used the only thing they had - exposure. Even if single person may not do that much, we have a power of the community and I think some of the members might want to join in if you (or in this case the OP, you is just metaphorical) ask nicely. Because we don't tolerate thieves here.

Eliaquim and Project CROSS like this.
  14. Project CROSS

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    My game is still on development phase, 20% complete and far from completion it might take 2 more years. I'm using VX and the decryption security is very low. He even decrypted and edited my first game and claiming its twice better than the original. (Because the game has lots of grammar error)
    I'm not planning to release demos, he'll just decrypt it and proceed to his plan.

My only official accounts for rpg making is this account, in FB theres "Soulio Cruz" as my team account and "Roy Luigi Cruz" as my personal account.

He said my work isnt good just because of grammar. I made custom battler sprites, drawn the characters, and created a branch of unique battle system. (Both my first game and ongoing game) Not to mention, he also said offensive curse words to me and many more horrific things, like.... [image below]

He is in these groups, at FB;
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/383987064981547
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/823199521134826
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/2207862435999289
    ...yesterday, he was banned in Rpgmaker Developers North America

About his mom's account, I dont know anymore. Whether its him or his mom, I wanna distance myself. I never actually keep in mind of him. This is an excemption because he posted and claimed my game.

Also because I'm always invisible. I never post updates not until I have much to show about the game.

Attached Files:

Eliaquim likes this.
  15. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, the choice is yours. If I see him share it again, you have my support though.

16. richter_h

richter_h Eh? Sweetroll? Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well, it seems you finally make an initiation into this matter, @Project CROSS. And yes, I have spotted some accounts in discord servers who tried to "convince people to convince you to release your game's demo ASAP" for reasons gods and himself only know.
    I've taken care of him in a certain discord server months ago since he showed disruptive manners similar to what you've shown in your attachment, but as you may have guessed, this particular person is quite persistent in what he's doing around your game project. Lately, it becomes more aggressive and more personal, and whatever he's doing right now is beyond my reach. I've relayed the details and info about this case to other RPG Maker-related discord server mods, though, so don't worry.

My suggestion for this matter is: don't release your game to the public yet, at least until you can make sure that your game is safe and ready to be distributed, and of course playable. Either that or just distribute the game to people you can trust.
    Also, you might want to be more active in forums and other social platforms mainly discord. Once people know your stuff, chances of him to stealing your works can be reduced or prevented altogether.

My condolences for you to face such debacle. Stay safe, my friend.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Project CROSS likes this.
  17. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Personally...I'd serve him. Decrypting someone else's games is against RPGMaker's terms of use in the first place, and claiming something that isn't yours is copywrite theft. I'd have a lawyer serve him cease and desist papers, and if he continues take it to court. Maybe that would convince him to stop and that this is not a game but a very serious action that could have legal consequences.

kaukusaki, Hyouryuu-Na and Ryisunique like this.
  18. Tea's Jams

Tea's Jams I'm human Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow, that's terrible. I have my eye out for him on Drifty's forum. I won't let him spread lies there.

19. Windows i7

Windows i7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Use the DMCA law to your advantage in the case of FaceBook if he posts anything related to it. Don't be afraid to exercise your rights as an IP holder.

kaukusaki likes this.
  20. jweav8705

jweav8705 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I did take 2 semesters worth of business law, but it's not my specialty so I can't remember; isn't there very specific legal actions you need to take in order to hold a copyright, even for intellectual property?

Does OP honestly have a legal argument?