bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nope, you can file a copywrite with the office, but creation of the goods is sufficient for protection under US copywrite law. Many books out there don't have a copywrite on file, but they are still protected.

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just ignore and report.

BlueMage

Slime Lv99
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Well, i think, you shouldn't concern about it too much.
It's only 20% in progress, he won't receive any benefit from it,
in fact due to he posted your game on another forums,
people got an impression on it and that's a free promotion
you got there.
It's really hard to draw people attention.
Promoting one's game is a tedious work even
for the developer himself, it's not something
a troller who lack of determination can do.
Soon, he will quit it himself, just believe me.

Darth Equus

I *HATE* Parallax Mapping.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I'm vengeful, but that's not the reason why I wanted to take him down.
The reason is, many people learn to regret the bad things they do only when they face reprecussions from them. And if they don't face reprecussions, they only get more daring. It's not even about retaliation. It's more about, as I say, if their parents can't nourish their child, someone has to. And if she tries to excuse his behavior by autism, then she ultimately failed as a mother.

Agreed 200% He's autistic, not mentally incompetent to the point he doesn't understand what he's doing. If he can figure out how to scheme things the way he's doing, he can understand cause and effect. I still say that you post that little screenshot every time you can.

That wasn't his mom.
He already has how many accounts?
This. So freaking much this.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok as someone Who actually is autistic ( be it fairly high on the spectrum) I can easily say that's no excuse to be an evil little fool. The majority of troubles autistic folk face is not understanding certain social rules and lacking empathy, this guy however is appearantly using those very social rules and interactions as a weapon... Only thing he has in incommon with autism is the lack of empathy so I doubt the truth of that statement and am more inclined to think it's Just an easy excuse of mom to not have to look into his behavior further.

And I'm with @Poryg on this... He should be taken down to teach him boundaries xD

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok as someone Who actually is autistic ( be it fairly high on the spectrum) I can easily say that's no excuse to be an evil little fool. The majority of troubles autistic folk face is not understanding certain social rules and lacking empathy, this guy however is appearantly using those very social rules and interactions as a weapon... Only thing he has in incommon with autism is the lack of empathy so I doubt the truth of that statement and am more inclined to think it's Just an easy excuse of mom to not have to look into his behavior further.

And I'm with @Poryg on this... He should be taken down to teach him boundaries xD
And that of course is exactly what's at the core of my own project. I land very high on that big spectrum myself and it actually influenced my creative direction quite a bit (though I don't use the "a word" at all, instead just referencing the spectrum part of the concept and utilizing variation off that alone). I probably have no idea where the fool that started this would fall if he does at all, but in the six-level chart that I use for reference in my project the number is a measure of intensity. So a class one would be minimal effect (Asperger's classification in real world translation) and six would be so intense that it's a detriment to one's lifestyle without any sort of mitigation prospect (meaning either late stage ALS or an extreme case of CP, if not both at the same time).

Last edited:

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Project CROSS This is awful, wow I'm sorry that happened to you. To me, it looks to me like a personal attack against you. I can't think why that'd happen, but I think someone is trying to upset you as well as lie about your game. Well no-one here will believe them, I hope you can sort the whole thing out and prevent these lies spreading.

I think your screenshot is enough, anywhere this guy is going just paste your screenshot and take it to admins to get them ban. Don't let this upset you, it's not ok or right at all what's been happening.

Besides that, he has no right to tell you what to think of your game, I didn't watch many of the videos but I checked two and it looks interesting so far. Keep going with your game making, don't let that person discourage you, it all lies where they're saying. Just enjoy it as a hobby, and good job catching him out with that screenshot here.

I hope the advice people are giving you here can help you out further!

Edit: Yes, don't let this guy discourage you, it looks very annoying but you'd done the right thing bringing it out in the open here, if this guy doesn't stop soon keep us updated and keep a record with screenshots. You can create a journal on DeivantArt for example and updated this thread here, just an example but try to keep anything he's doing with screenshots all together, like your doing right now.

I say that since someone here may be able to assist you in getting this to better authorises that can help, if it continues. Harassment like this should be enough to get him in trouble, and that's what we want if he doesn't stop soon.

Hope this stops for you soon.

Last edited:

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
if he's taking credit for your work, he must offer the work itself for download.
if he links to your uploaded file, you can just hide the file and lock everyone out.... so, no, any smart person would anticipate that and reupload the file somewhere else.

.........so, track *that* upload, go to *that* website, and ask the admin of *that* website for copyright takedown.
:2k31:
Troll level: 101.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since the author said it's only at 20% progress, I don't think that would be the case.

On an unrelated note, isn't it weird that 5 votes for option A and 5 votes on option B, even though they're actually 50% and 50%, show both 71.4% in the poll? :D

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would have to agree with that. Compared between the two, I'd definitely say that someone is essentially busted here.

EDIT: One other thing:

On an unrelated note, isn't it weird that 5 votes for option A and 5 votes on option B, even though they're actually 50% and 50%, show both 71.4% in the poll? :D
That's probably because the OP set it up for multiple choice and some noob ended up checking off both options.

Last edited:

Dreadshadow

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Spend some money to a lawyer on how to copyright your work. Then whoever tries to profit from your game will face charges. This is universal. The guy who tried to steal your work, will not try again after you do that. OR, in other words, you WISH they do, because they will then have to pay you a serious amount of money. Ask a lawyer. Law is absolute and very cruel against thieves.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In theory. In practice it's not that easy. Not every country is like you can find their name and exact address from just knowing their IP (seeing how some pranks on youtube are built on that, I don't think I'm even exaggerating). And a smart pirate always uses a VPN. Good VPN leaves you with no way to reliably trace the perpetrator unless they're stupid and go commercial. Although this might work as he seems to be using his real identity. But then it all depends on where he is from.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have to wonder if this is the same dude who has been stealing RPG Maker games recently...

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You mean Garnudo games?
Well, possibly. It's the same scum, that is for sure.

k_mckenzie

Fey.Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok as someone Who actually is autistic ( be it fairly high on the spectrum) I can easily say that's no excuse to be an evil little fool. The majority of troubles autistic folk face is not understanding certain social rules and lacking empathy, this guy however is appearantly using those very social rules and interactions as a weapon...
Thank you! I'm autistic too, and I'm writhing over the OP's position.

Stealing intellectual property is not an autistic thing to do. It's an unethical thing to do.

Also, the perceived lack of empathy is often hyperempathy. Similar to sensory sensitivity, an overabundance of empathy can cause a misfire that, from an allistic perspective, just looks off. To put it another way, it's easy to misinterpret an "overflow" as a "lack of," once an autistic person's social behavior is determined "off-key."

If you like ideas packed in metaphors:

Imagine if you're working on a potter's wheel or sewing machine. If you hit the pedal too slow or too hard, you'll wreck your project either way. But that doesn't mean you don't have the capacity to learn a potter's wheel or sewing machine—you just need a bit more time to balance how you interact with the tool—and you can learn how to balance social rules like "don't steal," too.

Autism's no excuse.

Nope, you can file a copywrite with the office, but creation of the goods is sufficient for protection under US copywrite law. Many books out there don't have a copywrite on file, but they are still protected.
This. Writers do not need to seek copyright to protect their stories. OP's game should be protected. It's just whether or not taking action is worth it. Reports to social media don't often pan out, and legal channels cost money.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@k_mckenzie amen. A lot of people have been using autism as excuses recently. I guess it's the new depression? Recently, I had to listen to this guy saying a bunch of really horrible things about me and my group of friends and chalk it up to autism. I don't care what you have; there are some things you just don't do, and even if you don't know better (which I think this guy does if he feels the need hide behind a bunch of accounts), your actions can't go unpunished. Whether you take it to court or just publicly prove it's not his, take this scumbag down. Wish I could help you, but I'm not really into social media.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My book/game tackles racism alot so I've been watching the news and social media absorbing everything as unbiasedly as I can for research but as a proud Caribbean black man my emotions are a whirlwind right now.
I discovered the new English word "Secular religion" today It is an oxymoron word. Now, I wonder how many English words create per year? According to Global Language Monitor, around 5,400 new words are created every year; it's only the 1,000 or so deemed to be sufficiently widespread use that makes it into print. [I think it probably slangs or combines words] :kaoluv:
Is it normal that I love a game that I can't even play due to how bad I'm at it?
Anyone have advice for recruiting friends to bugtest with you? I had some buddies volunteer without me asking, and we agreed on dates and times... and they all just flaked...
A mousefolk sprite I made, I think I did good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lehamme