Someone is trying to steal my game

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Project CROSS, Aug 19, 2019.

?

Support moi~

1. YES YES YES

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. subscribe to pewdiepie

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Nope, you can file a copywrite with the office, but creation of the goods is sufficient for protection under US copywrite law. Many books out there don't have a copywrite on file, but they are still protected.

Windows i7 likes this.
  2. Project CROSS

Project CROSS RGSS2 User Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    where's the forum? send link by PM

3. Kyuukon

Kyuukon 主人公 Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just ignore and report.

4. BlueMage

BlueMage Slime Lv99 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Well, i think, you shouldn't concern about it too much.
    It's only 20% in progress, he won't receive any benefit from it,
    in fact due to he posted your game on another forums,
    people got an impression on it and that's a free promotion
    you got there.
    It's really hard to draw people attention.
    Promoting one's game is a tedious work even
    for the developer himself, it's not something
    a troller who lack of determination can do.
    Soon, he will quit it himself, just believe me.

Project CROSS likes this.
  5. Darth Equus

Darth Equus Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX

Agreed 200% He's autistic, not mentally incompetent to the point he doesn't understand what he's doing. If he can figure out how to scheme things the way he's doing, he can understand cause and effect. I still say that you post that little screenshot every time you can.

This. So freaking much this.

6. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok as someone Who actually is autistic ( be it fairly high on the spectrum) I can easily say that's no excuse to be an evil little fool. The majority of troubles autistic folk face is not understanding certain social rules and lacking empathy, this guy however is appearantly using those very social rules and interactions as a weapon... Only thing he has in incommon with autism is the lack of empathy so I doubt the truth of that statement and am more inclined to think it's Just an easy excuse of mom to not have to look into his behavior further.

And I'm with @Poryg on this... He should be taken down to teach him boundaries xD

Windows i7 and Project CROSS like this.
  7. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    And that of course is exactly what's at the core of my own project. I land very high on that big spectrum myself and it actually influenced my creative direction quite a bit (though I don't use the "a word" at all, instead just referencing the spectrum part of the concept and utilizing variation off that alone). I probably have no idea where the fool that started this would fall if he does at all, but in the six-level chart that I use for reference in my project the number is a measure of intensity. So a class one would be minimal effect (Asperger's classification in real world translation) and six would be so intense that it's a detriment to one's lifestyle without any sort of mitigation prospect (meaning either late stage ALS or an extreme case of CP, if not both at the same time).

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Windows i7 likes this.
  8. atoms

atoms Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Project CROSS This is awful, wow I'm sorry that happened to you. To me, it looks to me like a personal attack against you. I can't think why that'd happen, but I think someone is trying to upset you as well as lie about your game. Well no-one here will believe them, I hope you can sort the whole thing out and prevent these lies spreading.

I think your screenshot is enough, anywhere this guy is going just paste your screenshot and take it to admins to get them ban. Don't let this upset you, it's not ok or right at all what's been happening.

Besides that, he has no right to tell you what to think of your game, I didn't watch many of the videos but I checked two and it looks interesting so far. Keep going with your game making, don't let that person discourage you, it all lies where they're saying. Just enjoy it as a hobby, and good job catching him out with that screenshot here.

I hope the advice people are giving you here can help you out further!

Edit: Yes, don't let this guy discourage you, it looks very annoying but you'd done the right thing bringing it out in the open here, if this guy doesn't stop soon keep us updated and keep a record with screenshots. You can create a journal on DeivantArt for example and updated this thread here, just an example but try to keep anything he's doing with screenshots all together, like your doing right now.

I say that since someone here may be able to assist you in getting this to better authorises that can help, if it continues. Harassment like this should be enough to get him in trouble, and that's what we want if he doesn't stop soon.

Hope this stops for you soon.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  9. gstv87

gstv87 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    if he's taking credit for your work, he must offer the work itself for download.
    if he links to your uploaded file, you can just hide the file and lock everyone out.... so, no, any smart person would anticipate that and reupload the file somewhere else.

.........so, track *that* upload, go to *that* website, and ask the admin of *that* website for copyright takedown.
    :2k31:
    Troll level: 101.

10. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom, Ham of a Hamster Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Since the author said it's only at 20% progress, I don't think that would be the case.

On an unrelated note, isn't it weird that 5 votes for option A and 5 votes on option B, even though they're actually 50% and 50%, show both 71.4% in the poll? :D

11. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I would have to agree with that. Compared between the two, I'd definitely say that someone is essentially busted here.

EDIT: One other thing:

That's probably because the OP set it up for multiple choice and some noob ended up checking off both options.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  12. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Spend some money to a lawyer on how to copyright your work. Then whoever tries to profit from your game will face charges. This is universal. The guy who tried to steal your work, will not try again after you do that. OR, in other words, you WISH they do, because they will then have to pay you a serious amount of money. Ask a lawyer. Law is absolute and very cruel against thieves.

13. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom, Ham of a Hamster Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In theory. In practice it's not that easy. Not every country is like you can find their name and exact address from just knowing their IP (seeing how some pranks on youtube are built on that, I don't think I'm even exaggerating). And a smart pirate always uses a VPN. Good VPN leaves you with no way to reliably trace the perpetrator unless they're stupid and go commercial. Although this might work as he seems to be using his real identity. But then it all depends on where he is from.