Someone is trying to steal my game

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Clockwarkgate, Aug 19, 2019.

?

Support moi~

1. YES YES YES

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. subscribe to pewdiepie

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    What a guy. He's really dragging this out.

atoms likes this.
  2. Kaylie

Kaylie Enraged Meditator Member

First Language:
    Chinese English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Real sorry OP have go through this fiasco. My fear of such a matter is the reason why I have stopped myself from releasing any promotional materials of the game I have been working on. I've read that filing for copyright can be quite costly for a single individual, and the default encryption isn't very strong. We need to support this issue as much as we can so more people could share their content in peace, giving those hidden developers a bigger incentive to showcase their work and bolster this community.

Clockwarkgate and atoms like this.
  3. Clockwarkgate

Clockwarkgate RGSS2 User Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Update; The guy is making his move but I never pay attention to him anymore. He finished making his "self-insert" edit of my game and even sent me a link to it.

fortunately, I never got the chance to see it because the game link has been taken down by someone else. My only clue that the edit exist is his video of it in youtube.

I dont care if the grammar is all iron out, its still my game and my team's job to iron out those things. But it seems that he just do it without my permission. He did sent permission letters but I never bother reading it but he thinks that "me not replying all that emails means approval". I never approve anything and if I did, it will be posted in my facebook

https://m.facebook.com/soulio.cruz

There's no talking to this guy, I'm tired of paying attention to it. But then again, he is somewhat showing off and taking credit from my game with his self-insert version. By self-insert, I mean adding his character and universe in it.

ADVERTISEMENT;

Attached Files:

4. Mr. Detective

Mr. Detective NATO Special Operative Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Which one of those is your actual project?

Have to tell you that I don't think any of us here can do anything for you. At least we are aware, but I don't think anyone is able to send him a link with a virus that can wipe out his computer. Or is there...?

Have you consulted with a lawyer?

atoms likes this.
  5. Clockwarkgate

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    both are my project. The 2nd video is my current project a.k.a. the sequel of the game that he is ripping off

he is in america, im in asia

6. atoms

atoms Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The good news in that the video doesn't look like it's got many views (16?) since he has only 3 subscribers too. It's also great that everything else already got taken down.

You can report this video to YouTube if you have the original video. (There is a report button on the "...", which is the far-left icon.)

You can report "Hateful or abusive content", then either "Bullying" or "Abusing vulnerable individuals".

You can report a second time for "Infringes my rights". "Invades my privacy", "Infringes my copyright".

I would keep creating awareness and reporting it to admins on any site he tries to upload the game too.

It's a pain what's he still doing, but it actually is good overall for you because this awareness will prevent him being able to upload the game here or on any other popular forum, and he can get ban if he shows up.

So I don't think, hopefully, you have to worry about this spreading. Try not to let this guy bother you, I mean this is your game, not his.

I would try what you are thinking and pay no attention to him, see if that's enough for this to stop, but of course, keep providing evidence against the guy.

7. Clockwarkgate

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Lol the sad thing is "I did report it" but youtube ain't doing anything about the video. Whether the video will be taken down or not, as long people know that I'm the game developer of it.

atoms likes this.
  8. RoooodWorks

RoooodWorks Devil King Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    so long as people know that you are the developer that is all that matters, this is why facebook sucks, its full of jealous people wanting to steal. Do u have plans to make the game commercial or is it free game.

9. Clockwarkgate

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    it will be a free game, then again I'm having second thoughts on not releasing it. But instead make a youtube video of it in episodical format.

Decisions may change once I finished the game

10. lianderson

lianderson Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    These events make my brain hurt.

Clockwarkgate and HexMozart88 like this.
  11. Sunjean

Sunjean Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Norvegian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What a jerk! A tad scary reading this thread about your story, and the "Garnudo games" story.

He is literally stalking and harassing you (and stealing your games), and none can get him to stop. Let us just hope he soon gets tired of your game and move on. Problem is - he would likely just do the same to someone else instead.

One can only hope that the next RPG Maker engine comes with a better way of encrypting games.

12. RoooodWorks

RoooodWorks Devil King Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    doubt it, people always find a way to into the games.