HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What a guy. He's really dragging this out.

Kaylie

Enraged Meditator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Real sorry OP have go through this fiasco. My fear of such a matter is the reason why I have stopped myself from releasing any promotional materials of the game I have been working on. I've read that filing for copyright can be quite costly for a single individual, and the default encryption isn't very strong. We need to support this issue as much as we can so more people could share their content in peace, giving those hidden developers a bigger incentive to showcase their work and bolster this community.

Clockwarkgate

RGSS2 User
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Update; The guy is making his move but I never pay attention to him anymore. He finished making his "self-insert" edit of my game and even sent me a link to it.

fortunately, I never got the chance to see it because the game link has been taken down by someone else. My only clue that the edit exist is his video of it in youtube.

I dont care if the grammar is all iron out, its still my game and my team's job to iron out those things. But it seems that he just do it without my permission. He did sent permission letters but I never bother reading it but he thinks that "me not replying all that emails means approval". I never approve anything and if I did, it will be posted in my facebook

https://m.facebook.com/soulio.cruz

There's no talking to this guy, I'm tired of paying attention to it. But then again, he is somewhat showing off and taking credit from my game with his self-insert version. By self-insert, I mean adding his character and universe in it.

ADVERTISEMENT;

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20191030-075423_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20191030-075423_Chrome.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 25

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Which one of those is your actual project?

Have to tell you that I don't think any of us here can do anything for you. At least we are aware, but I don't think anyone is able to send him a link with a virus that can wipe out his computer. Or is there...?

Have you consulted with a lawyer?

Clockwarkgate

RGSS2 User
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Which one of those is your actual project?

Have to tell you that I don't think any of us here can do anything for you. At least we are aware, but I don't think anyone is able to send him a link with a virus that can wipe out his computer. Or is there...?

Have you consulted with a lawyer?
both are my project. The 2nd video is my current project a.k.a. the sequel of the game that he is ripping off

he is in america, im in asia

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The good news in that the video doesn't look like it's got many views (16?) since he has only 3 subscribers too. It's also great that everything else already got taken down.

You can report this video to YouTube if you have the original video. (There is a report button on the "...", which is the far-left icon.)

You can report "Hateful or abusive content", then either "Bullying" or "Abusing vulnerable individuals".

You can report a second time for "Infringes my rights". "Invades my privacy", "Infringes my copyright".

I would keep creating awareness and reporting it to admins on any site he tries to upload the game too.

It's a pain what's he still doing, but it actually is good overall for you because this awareness will prevent him being able to upload the game here or on any other popular forum, and he can get ban if he shows up.

So I don't think, hopefully, you have to worry about this spreading. Try not to let this guy bother you, I mean this is your game, not his.

I would try what you are thinking and pay no attention to him, see if that's enough for this to stop, but of course, keep providing evidence against the guy.

Clockwarkgate

RGSS2 User
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
The good news in that the video doesn't look like it's got many views (16?) since he has only 3 subscribers too. It's also great that everything else already got taken down.

You can report this video to YouTube if you have the original video. (There is a report button on the "...", which is the far-left icon.)

You can report "Hateful or abusive content", then either "Bullying" or "Abusing vulnerable individuals".

You can report a second time for "Infringes my rights". "Invades my privacy", "Infringes my copyright".

I would keep creating awareness and reporting it to admins on any site he tries to upload the game too.

It's a pain what's he still doing, but it actually is good overall for you because this awareness will prevent him being able to upload the game here or on any other popular forum, and he can get ban if he shows up.

So I don't think, hopefully, you have to worry about this spreading. Try not to let this guy bother you, I mean this is your game, not his.

I would try what you are thinking and pay no attention to him, see if that's enough for this to stop, but of course, keep providing evidence against the guy.
Lol the sad thing is "I did report it" but youtube ain't doing anything about the video. Whether the video will be taken down or not, as long people know that I'm the game developer of it.

RoooodWorks

Devil King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
so long as people know that you are the developer that is all that matters, this is why facebook sucks, its full of jealous people wanting to steal. Do u have plans to make the game commercial or is it free game.

Clockwarkgate

RGSS2 User
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
so long as people know that you are the developer that is all that matters, this is why facebook sucks, its full of jealous people wanting to steal. Do u have plans to make the game commercial or is it free game.
it will be a free game, then again I'm having second thoughts on not releasing it. But instead make a youtube video of it in episodical format.

Decisions may change once I finished the game

Sunjean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norvegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What a jerk! A tad scary reading this thread about your story, and the "Garnudo games" story.

He is literally stalking and harassing you (and stealing your games), and none can get him to stop. Let us just hope he soon gets tired of your game and move on. Problem is - he would likely just do the same to someone else instead.

One can only hope that the next RPG Maker engine comes with a better way of encrypting games.

RoooodWorks

Devil King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
doubt it, people always find a way to into the games.

Clockwarkgate

RGSS2 User
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Update; He has the chance to stop before 2019 ends. He did say so (see first page)

GoopWizard

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, this is going to be a long one, and I know I'm kinda necroing this post, or whatever it's called on forums. To be honest, I don't really use forums, and I don't really use RPG Maker much other than to play people's projects. But this is directly related to this Alex guy. I have been harassed, stalked, creepily talked down to, and had my artwork stolen by him, and it is nearly three years later. He's been a literal villain in the community for me and everyone to deal with. He's indirectly threatened me, he's even made alts to rejoin discord and quietly listen to us talk in voice chat. As I am transgender, he has made a point of trying to de-legitimize that as well. He's been an incredible and pervasive negative force for me, and I only just found this forum post from him having linked me on it. I really really don't understand why he did that either, but I don't understand a lot of how he operates.
I wanted to share a journal I wrote a year or so ago about him and what he had done up to that point, having stolen assets from me for work he got paid to do. I will warn, I am a fetish artist, which I understand may be very off putting.

Here's a link to the journal: https://www.deviantart.com/goop-sinpai/journal/Journal-regarding-ThisisAnswer-Ashtras45-898891134

Here's a link to his Deviantart page: https://www.deviantart.com/thisisanswer

For context, I know for a fact that Alex/Alexus/Alexander Ouibliette is the same guy. He has it listed as his name on many of his websites, and also what he named his characters that I can only assume he inserted into his knockoff stolen version of the game here.

After over a year of dealing with him, hearing of him getting banned in other places, and harassing people, I was absolutely flabbergasted to find this forum post and see that he has been like this to other people in even bigger communities for years. I was absolutely stunned reading through the screenshots and seeing him talk the absolute same way he does now. I hope I haven't broken any rules or etiquette for the forum, and if so I apologize, but I felt like I had to share something about my experiences on here as well.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Mod note: After debate, we approved the previous reply. We debated it, since it is both necroing and hijacking. However, while we can't do anything to stop this person, we felt if may be beneficial since this person is out there and still harassing game developers and that perhaps being aware of his presence in communities might help someone out in the long run.

Last edited:

Garryg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I did take 2 semesters worth of business law, but it's not my specialty so I can't remember; isn't there very specific legal actions you need to take in order to hold a copyright, even for intellectual property?

Does OP honestly have a legal argument?
Hello jweav8705. What country are you in?
I checked as I was sure we were pretty much auto-protected for copyrighting intellectual property here (UK)
The following is a quote from www.gov.uk,
There isn’t a register of copyright works in the UK.

You automatically get copyright protection when you create:

• original literary, dramatic, musical and artistic work, including illustration and photography
  • original non-literary written work, such as software, web content and databases
  • sound and music recordings
  • film and television recordings
  • broadcasts
  • the layout of published editions of written, dramatic and musical works
You can mark your work with the copyright symbol (©), your name and the year of creation. Whether you mark the work or not doesn’t affect the level of protection you have.

LinkRPG

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I cant watch the first video :o

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You realize you're in a thread that's three years old, addressing a person who hasn't logged on in three years?

I think you are unlikely to get a response. :guffaw:
The conversation is still relevant and it's possible that the responsible parties may still be out there, otherwise this matter would have been closed by the mods. But you do have a point.

As for the video, it has either been removed or is not available where you are located. I don't have time to check on the former scenario, though.

Clockwarkgate

RGSS2 User
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
The conversation is still relevant and it's possible that the responsible parties may still be out there, otherwise this matter would have been closed by the mods. But you do have a point.

As for the video, it has either been removed or is not available where you are located. I don't have time to check on the former scenario, though.

Doesn't matter anymore because I stopped on game making and limit myself to just playing other's game.

Last time I heard about this guy is that he's having a copyright problem with an artist in deviantart for stealing artstyle (only months ago). I'm even blocking his messages and also have to change email address.

I'm not even sure if he already gave up after all those years and just mess with someone else. The only thing that I am now concerned is whether that guy still use my OCs and my other character assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

well here's that concept art!
WIN_20220812_16_53_56_Pro (2).jpg
Whaddya think? Name suggestions?
Some character designs of 'Coin Locker'.
(there may be some future designs along the process.)

Untitled1294_20220813055849.png
1660339609612.png
Really need to come up with better names for my folders.
rpgmakerxp wrote on caethyril's profile.
Hi, I saw you comment a google drive link to add a specific script to a kadowa plugin for battle voices here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...attacking-defending-skills-damage-ect.119148/

I'd like to add "multiple possible battle voices" for stuff too, can you please let me know what to change cause the link isn't working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ciberfreak