someone knows how to fix the error of "Cannot read property 'window' of undefinied"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrfair

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I am testing the game when there is a battle the message of Cannot read property 'window' of undefined appears, anyone knows how fix it?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is a very generic error that something is not set up properly in your game.

1 - If you've installed any plugins lately, make sure you're starting a new game, not loading a save.

2 - If you've installed any plugins at all, make sure they're all in the correct order according to the author's instructions.

3 - Check that your party members in the System tab of your database are existing Actors defined in that tab.

4 - Check all of your enemy Troops that could be loading and make sure they refer to existing Enemies defined in that tab, nothing you've changed or deleted.

If all of that checks out, then when you get that screen, hit F8, go to the console, and post a screenshot of it here.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"undefined" is the key here - it means that your game is missing an object that is already referenced somewhere.

there are dozens of possibilities how that can happen - from something as simple as deleting a class in the database that is already in use by an actor, over loading an incompatible savefile to a mess on the plugin manager.
to really solve the problem we need to see a screenshot of the full error trace from the console when that error message appears, because that has the data to pinpoint what object is missing.

Derrfair

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"undefined" is the key here - it means that your game is missing an object that is already referenced somewhere.

there are dozens of possibilities how that can happen - from something as simple as deleting a class in the database that is already in use by an actor, over loading an incompatible savefile to a mess on the plugin manager.
to really solve the problem we need to see a screenshot of the full error trace from the console when that error message appears, because that has the data to pinpoint what object is missing.
i already fixed the problem (it was a plujin that i installed)

Derrfair

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is a very generic error that something is not set up properly in your game.

1 - If you've installed any plugins lately, make sure you're starting a new game, not loading a save.

2 - If you've installed any plugins at all, make sure they're all in the correct order according to the author's instructions.

3 - Check that your party members in the System tab of your database are existing Actors defined in that tab.

4 - Check all of your enemy Troops that could be loading and make sure they refer to existing Enemies defined in that tab, nothing you've changed or deleted.

If all of that checks out, then when you get that screen, hit F8, go to the console, and post a screenshot of it here.
i already fixed the problem (it was a plujin that i installed)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A good way to practice writing is to write "flash fiction"; very short stories. Link
[CM]
5VaUMjAFpz1I6fSsgDrfJc.jpg

Title is star.
Dam, does the night get to me, I sound and look like a monster. Its 3:54 am right now...I need sleep...or...coffee.
It has nothing to do with my project, but I'm in love with voxels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YukinoYaiba