Someone Please Help Me!!!

Macie

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm trying to make a Markiplier fan game, and I need help desperately! This is my first time making a game, so I'm pretty much a noob.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We can only help with specific questions.

As a new user, I suggest following the link to the starting point in my signature and take a month to work through these tutorials linked there with a test project.

After that, you should be able to ask specific questions of what you want to do - and when that happens, please ask in direct terms instead of "like <unknown obscure game XY>", because that will get you better help then references almost no one knows.

Macie

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
We can only help with specific questions.

As a new user, I suggest following the link to the starting point in my signature and take a month to work through these tutorials linked there with a test project.

After that, you should be able to ask specific questions of what you want to do - and when that happens, please ask in direct terms instead of "like <unknown obscure game XY>", because that will get you better help then references almost no one knows.
What link?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the links are the small blue text lines at the bottom of my post, below the buttons for quote etc

but here it is directly:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, it's really helpful if you use proper titles for your threads.  "Someone please help me" could be the title of ANY thread in most of the forum.  Imagine how hard it would be for people if everyone decided to use that as their subject.

And you need to explain what you're trying to do.  "I'm trying to make a Markiplier fan game" means that only people who have played Markiplier will even know what you're trying to do, and nobody else will be able to help.

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My advice is, don't make a Markiplier fan-game as your first game. Read tutorials, follow them, understand them, then make a game for the sake of making the game. Do not make your first game be your masterpiece, or what you want. Learn the program, know it, understand it, then when you are at a point where you can make a decent game, regardless of if it's a fan-game or not, then make the game you want.

There are so many wanna-be game makers who literally slap any tiles and music and 'uber awesome skillz™' and try to pass it off as halfway decent, that RPG Maker itself has become synonymous in some circles as 'that program that makes a lot of ****ty games'. I don't care if it's a fan-game or your masterpiece, if you don't take the time to understand the program, to learn it and breathe it, people will try it, hate it, and give you excessively scathing reviews.

That is what you must do first. This is what you must must absolutely must do before you work on your fangame.

Studio Blue

Studio Blue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My advice is, don't make a Markiplier fan-game as your first game. Read tutorials, follow them, understand them, then make a game for the sake of making the game. Do not make your first game be your masterpiece, or what you want. Learn the program, know it, understand it, then when you are at a point where you can make a decent game, regardless of if it's a fan-game or not, then make the game you want.

There are so many wanna-be game makers who literally slap any tiles and music and 'uber awesome skillz™' and try to pass it off as halfway decent, that RPG Maker itself has become synonymous in some circles as 'that program that makes a lot of ****ty games'. I don't care if it's a fan-game or your masterpiece, if you don't take the time to understand the program, to learn it and breathe it, people will try it, hate it, and give you excessively scathing reviews.

That is what you must do first. This is what you must must absolutely must do before you work on your fangame.

Pretty much everything Diretooth said.

Also, consider drafting your entire game on paper first, or a program like Word, Scrivener, etc. Get your idea out of your brainy parts before putting it into the engine. Don't just start developing something without pre-planning. Once your entire idea is out, look it over, examine it, figure out what will work and what won't. Then work on it some more, editing it and cutting content that's not needed (for your critical path, not your side quests). Only once you have something that's readable and understandable (by you, if no one else), then start transporting it into the engine and building your game.

That's my advice, anyway. I don't know the first thing about Markiplier (I'm a Jackspecticeye fan myself). Otherwise, I'd offer to look over your gameflow and give critical feedback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In other news, my new computer is now ordered, and I'll have it in my hot little hands by the end of the week! CAN'T WAIT!!!
I've said my cat's names in such a baby-talk manner over the years, Biggs is now Biggoro, Bella is now Bellllyyaah, and somehow.....somehow Tessa is Sessashan
Did a massive ****up in my code that would have caused the game to crash on most computers and almost released an update without noticing it.
I keep thinking today is Thursday.
And I look forward to the next preview thread coming this afternoon.
And then I realise it's not Thursday at all.
And then I get sad :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr