Not open for further replies.

Ivockrenim

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
For some reason, my game won't finish loading, this only happened after I tried changing the font, I changed it back, but it's still not loading.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You say "not loading" but what IS it doing? Start to load, then just stay on a black screen? Give you an error?

Did you save after changing the font back?
Are you doing a test play or have you deployed and playing from the www folder?

When it "won't finish loading", hit F8 and look for the Console tab. Are there any messages on the screen?

Ivockrenim

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
All It says is "now loading..." on a black screen.

Ivockrenim

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I did save after changing the font to normal.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The game will stay on the "Loading" screen indefinitely if it cannot access/find the specified font file(s). Typically to change the font file you should:
  1. Replace the existing file (mplus-1m-regular.ttf) in your game's fonts folder with your new font.
  2. Edit the gamefont.css file in that same folder to reflect the new font file name.
If you think you've messed up gamefont.css with edits, you can make a new project and grab the file from there~ :)

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Ivockrenim , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

I have now warned you multiple times not to double post. Please follow the forum's rules. I've already explained what double posting is and you can check the rules for more information. If you're still unsure what double posting means, PM me.

Now onto your question. Like others said, a black screen that says "loading" usually means the game is trying to load an asset (probably the font in your case) and can't find it. Make sure your filenames don't have spaces in them, because that is against HTML5 networking rules.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've developed a habit of thanking cleaning ladies for their work.
Sorry Aerith... I will abandon your shoes... :guffaw:
Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.
I never noticed how NOISY birds can be in the morning..
The worst part of writing the thesis is getting to a point where it's nearly done and you feel like an 8th-grader could've written something on that level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stearen