To Idyllic Times
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
somewhen banner 2.png

Inspiration
This is a Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2) inspired RPG with dungeon diving, resource gathering, and town building mechanics.

Goal & Premise
In Somewhen, you must help Idyll and company restore a fractured world with an uncertain future using a curious time-travelling train and a little something called the Conductor. Your goal is to quite literally reshape the future by placing homes, trees, and other structures in the present to effect the future. Use the Conductor to commandeer a very special time-travelling. double-headed train called the Halcyon to hit certain pre-requisites and pass through 7 chapters each filled with a different adventure. I want the player to take world restoration into their own hands by collecting hundreds of items and building their own towns in which to migrate special NPCs to, as well as enjoy a familiar and lively battle system inspired by Chrono Trigger.

A deadly force that aptly named itself Zeitgeist is using deadly magics that seem to cross time and space! Four major towns have seemingly disappeared and transformed into barren wastelands with no real explanation. Giant crystals called Sandstone are growing at a wild rate in their place, along with several monster nests. Surviving folk are seemingly more forgetful these days and live in the only remaining town carefree. With the outside world laid to waste, could it be possible that Zeitgeist is trying to use his foul time magics to change the outcome of the future by wiping out the past and present?! Only time will tell.

1604868054189.png
MANIPULATE TIME AND SANDSTONES
Not all Sandstone crystals that lie around in the world are a major threat--they're also a useful tool! Equip and combine Sandstone shards to unlock new Skills. The right combination may unlock even more power or even manipulate time itself in battle! Use the Halcyon's special utilities to craft better weapons and items called Trinkets that make use of the Sandstone's power!

GO TO THE PAST
Collect a huge array of materials from four strange dungeons that seemingly wind time back. The further you go, the more time is unwound! Safely exit a dungeon at any floor and return where you picked off for easy access. Leave behind drills and other tools to mine for even more resources while you go out and do other things like collect and trade Baseball Cards or even Fish.

PROTECT THE PRESENT
Use a system called Geo-Config in four themed towns to place objects both living and non-living and influence the town by moving would be participating NPCs from the main town and into the towns you built! Flip-flop between past and future to uncover the secrets of Somewhen and stop Zeitgeist from erasing the world as you know it!

SAVE THE FUTURE!!
Save the world's flickering future by defeating Zeitgeist and bring back the light!!

DoublePog.gif

Screenshots
GIFs and other large image formats can be seen on Somewhen's Twitter page or itch.io.

1604866138802.png1604866659938.png1604866420078.png
1604866773072.png
1604884859824.png1604866480979.png
1604866508322.png
1609635160116.png
1609635253637.png
Demo
A tech demo is coming to you soon! TBA!
It will be available on itch.io, as planned.

Social Media
You can find SOMEWHEN on:
Twitter
Instagram
GameJolt

Credits & Special Thanks
Sundial Shark Logo.pngSundial Shark Team
Nezzy (Owner, Audio Director)
Sai (Co-Owner, Programmer)
Watson (Animations Director, Programmer)
Glitch (Quality Assurance)
Vindi (Art Director, Concept Artist)

Asset & Tool Creators
FinalBossBlues
SelieltheShaper
VexedEnigma
7Soul
Avy
Cyangmou
Beast Pixels
Hyohnoo
CodeManu
HenrySoftware
GabrielCortabez
Kronbitz

Plugin Authors
Moghunter
Yanfly
Irina
YED
EST
SRD
STV
Galv
Hudell
Caethyril
MrTS
Victor
Hime
Olivia
Tsukimi
Yami
Ramza
BreakerZero

Special Thank You!
Archeia
Baz

Last edited:

orange~

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Looks very impressive! I'm definitely following on itchio. I always thought Dark Cloud's building/rpg mix had tons of potential. I'm happy to see that potential in play here!

SundialShark

To Idyllic Times
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update 01/02/2021

Added a new trailer and a few screenshots as well as social media links.

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've seen enough Dark (the Netflix series) to know this will be an outstandingly good premise.

KillerPixEEL

Killer Pixeel Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Was curious if you were looking for any pixel artist for the game?

Ise no Kaml

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Um...okay, wow. I just came on the forums to look for good plugins to make my own Dark Cloud spiritual successor, but I ended up coming across something to keep my eye on for its own merits. I don't know how you got Dark Cloud town building to work in RPG Maker, but that fact alone blows my mind. And while the battles look like they take after Chrono Trigger more, that helps set this project aside as its own thing...plus, they look awesome as hell.

Needless to say, I now have a money catapult on standby for when this finally gets finished.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another unscheduled stream for Lightestone~ this time because we hit affiliate! Aaaahh- So other than the game we're also going to work on emotes/badges/etc!

www.twitch.tv/riazey
Is it necroposting if I ask for more info in my own months old thread? All the information in the thread is relevant
JRPG TextBox HTML - Part 2:
So I'm resuming work on the Shadowstar Trilogy. I've decided that it will take place between the end of G4 and the start of G5, and two of the Lost Rulers will be Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer (who is the moon princess in my AU).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lark_Larkington