Sorceria Open: Royalty Free Maps and World Setting for MV

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by watermark, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. watermark

watermark Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I THINK this belongs in this sub forum? As it's mainly free maps used for RMMV. If it doesn't then please point me to the correct place. XD

[​IMG]

I've been thinking about making this for a while and have finally decided to do it: a resource site where everyone can get free maps as well as story ideas. For how this works, please head to THIS PAGE which explains everything.

Basically, it's a resource site where anyone can contribute and everyone can download maps for free. Eventually I am thinking we can put up world setting ideas such as character bios, background building lore, and even quest ideas. But for now the site will be focused on providing free maps for RPG Maker MV.

If you would like to contribute to this project or just have questions, leave a message here or PM me. I will continue to make new maps for this project, but as I mentioned, this project will truly flourish when more people pitch in. Let's create a new world together!

2. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Very cool idea! If a lot of talented people pitch in it will be a great resource for game makers.

watermark likes this.
  3. Mrs_Allykat

Mrs_Allykat Failsauce Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I like the idea, but I suspect that you'll have to make sure the donors know to keep it to the RTP and that the users know that it has to go into an RPG Maker MV project.

I would also HIGHLY suggest you do a google search for setting up a DMCA agent, to protect yourself (and the project) from DMCA based lawsuits. Basically, it should only cost you around $6, but it is a bit of paperwork. What happens when you do this, and you can set yourself as the DMCA Agent, is before anyone can sue you for copyright infringement - they'll have to contact the agent giving you a chance to remove the offending material. This is the intended purpose of DMCA Agents, to protect you and your project from a user that uploads something they don't have the rights to upload.

watermark and The Stranger like this.
  4. watermark

watermark Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Mrs_Allykat Thanks for the great advice! I will look into it.

Regarding the tiles, I am thinking we should include tilesets that the authors have declared as freely available for commercial and non-commercial use as it's really too limiting if only RTP is used. But to be on the safe side I will contact the artists first to get their permission.

5. Juanita Star

Juanita Star Witch of compilations. Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Oh, what an interesting project, I look foward to it!

6. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Unfortunately, this isn't the right place. As you can read up in this section's rules
    This partly due to not being able to control which resources get distributed under which rules.

Since nothing is being shared here except for a link, we don't believe this project currenty has a place on this forum.
    You are of course still free to advertise your site through your signature.

Closing this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.