Soryn's Space Stuff

Soryn

The Waffle King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Soryn's Space Stuff

I'll start off by saying that everything here is free to use for non-commercial and commercial projects. You can credit me as Soryn if you wish. (optional)

I felt the need to create Sci-fi and futuristic stuff and thought I would share.

Now that the boring stuff is out of the way, here are the goodies... More will be added in the future as I go. Be sure to check the changelog at the bottom of this post for updates. (will be there next time I edit)

Battle Numbers

IMPORTANT: backup and replace your damage.png file in the system folder with one of these.

SV Spaceship Character Battlers

(or enemy battlers if using the animated enemies plugin which these were designed for)

IMPORTANT: Remember to prefix them with a $

I added animated thrusters and a shooting attack animation which is used for all types of attacks - might edit that later.

These are edits from TheSource4Life's Space Ship set which is CC0.

Futuristic Weapon Animations

IMPORTANT: For now, you'll have to add these to a sheet yourself. When I have enough, I'll make a proper sheet for them.

Character Vehicle Sprites

IMPORTANT: Remember to prefix large sprites with a $

Space Tilesets

coming soon...

Alien Character Sprites

coming soon...

Changelog

31/10/15 20:58 GMT - 2nd Vehicle Added

31/10/15 06:58 GMT - Initial Post

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
We definitely need scifi stuff!  Can't wait for Alien charcters :D

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'll start off by saying that everything here is free to use for non-commercial and commercial projects. You can credit me as Soryn.

Character Vehicle Sprites

IMPORTANT: Remember to prefix large sprites with a $

Hi Soryn, welcome to the community.

The jets look great. They have a nice lustre and lots of detail. =]

Since these jets look like a similar shape to ones that have been around for while, I am wondering if you edited them, or if you made them from scratch. If so, nice job!

If you edited them, you need to add in where you got them from, who to credit for them, and adjust your terms to include the person who made them and their terms for this vehicle.

Also anything you did not entirely make yourself will need the same credit info. =]

Soryn

The Waffle King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The battlers are edits of CC0 art and the creator stated no credit was needed. The vehicle was modelled after other art but the pixel version is my own along with the weapons. :)

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Even though it was CC0 you should still at least mention that they weren't created entirely by you, and some people like to credit all the artists involved even if they aren't required to.  Posting things other people did without credit, even when you aren't required to credit, can damage your reputation.

Sythian Bard

Self Proclaimed Beard Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very nice. GUNS!?! ... *snatch*

Thank you!  :)

Soryn

The Waffle King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Even though it was CC0 you should still at least mention that they weren't created entirely by you, and some people like to credit all the artists involved even if they aren't required to.  Posting things other people did without credit, even when you aren't required to credit, can damage your reputation.
No worries. Though that is the point of CC0, but I wouldn't want people thinking the battlers were all my work. I'll edit the post for that.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks.  We just barely changed the rules so that credit is required regardless of the original artist's licencing rules.

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's better this way.  See, there's been an alarming amount of art theft here and we don't want people to get the wrong idea about someone's skill or abilities and don't want them to get into any trouble with anyone, whether it be the original artists or the users that might take these resources and use them and later get in trouble and so on.

Soryn

The Waffle King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks.  We just barely changed the rules so that credit is required regardless of the original artist's licencing rules.
It's better this way.  See, there's been an alarming amount of art theft here and we don't want people to get the wrong idea about someone's skill or abilities and don't want them to get into any trouble with anyone, whether it be the original artists or the users that might take these resources and use them and later get in trouble and so on.
I understand, especially about the level of skill and theft. I don't want to misrepresent myself, especially as I plan on contributing quite a bit of work in the near future. Thanks for bringing this to my attention so I could correct it.

Hunewearl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hnnng. I love Sci Fi. Great work!

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I understand, especially as I plan on contributing quite a bit of work in the near future. Thanks for bringing this to my attention so I could correct it.
thanks so much! I love all the details in your jet! The numbers are helpful, and the weapons look great. =]

Soryn

The Waffle King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
thanks so much! I love all the details in your jet! The numbers are helpful, and the weapons look great. =]
Glad you like them, if you want other colour schemes, feel free to ask :) Going to be posting different models soon as well.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Will you be using this thread for all of your resources?

You could bring the shards images over here.........

Soryn

The Waffle King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Will you be using this thread for all of your resources?

You could bring the shards images over here.........
Shard images aren't exactly "space stuff" per-say, so I'll keep them separate especially considering they are geared towards a specific plugin.  I know I haven't updated this one in awhile, but I will be adding more once I get back into the space mood :)

I appreciate that you'd like to have fewer threads, but these aren't really related other than the fact that they are both for art and for MV... Unless it becomes a rule, I'd prefer them be separate. Provided the staff is okay with that.

Cubic

Level 23 Thief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
These look terrific! I will be using them in a space adventure game I am creating. I can't wait for the tilesets and alien sprites.  :D   :guffaw:

Redeker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Must... download... spacetiles...!

Can't wait man, you do good work!

saviliana

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Oh, I love how the ship design.

Could you please create some space interior tiles? The lack of the type is so huge that starve so many sci-fi game maker to death...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes... I do absolutely genius things... But then I counteract that by spending all day trying to figure out what's wrong with my event creator... Only to learn I commented out some lines in MV... Not even in my plugin. This must be why villains "true heroes" don't win in the end. :kaoswt:
Procrastination at it's finest.
annnnd after 2 days lol... and I still feel I need to work out a few kinks

Only 99 more battlers to go :dizzy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
changefly