9tkitsune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hi there -

Is there any coder who can help me with an old side-view battle script named " Soulpour777 - Animated Battlers " ? I don't know how to get it to work in a new project anymore.
It returns the error: " line 313 (or other lines, too) No method error occurred, undefined method 'empty?' for:NilClass - "
Can you give me a rough idea what that could even mean? If anything at all.
Maybe then I can fix it ´: )
I looked at the highlighted line in the editor, but sadly it's all gibberish to me.

The code works in my old project - but I can't understand / see any difference in the code itself... after all I copy-pasted it into the new project.

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know that this is in VX Ace, but you need to know that Soulpour777 is a code thief.
I would highly reccomend to not use this plugin and find some alternative.
He was caught stealing code in MV, but he could also be stealing in VX Ace.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
He was caught stealing code in MV, but he could also be stealing in VX Ace.
On this forum, he was banned years ago after copying one of Moghunter's VXA scripts - and when Moghunter posted proof, he also posted links to cases of copyright infringment that were several years old at that moment.
Soulpour had learned how to code later, and several of his scripts were his own work, but the repeated cases of copyright infringment means that none of his scripts can be fully trusted. Simply because no one knows if it really is his work or if it was just copied from someone unknown who didn't speak up.
And that doesn't even consider the several cases where he has lied about what he has done...

So it's highly in doubt whether you'll find someone to help with that script.

Better state what features of scripts you want and ask for alternatives.

9tkitsune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Ah okay - thank you. Was not aware of that.
I will ask for practical alternatives, then.
The coding world seems pretty cut throat huh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This video really speaks to me...

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the interactive text adenture! Feel free to drop by!
I worked a lot more today and I am thinking about Youtube videos to make to my channel, but I am still looking for some content :D

But I am happy to be back at work :D
Update... no scam calls all day. I think they learned their lesson. And I'm working on a fake anti-piracy video, featuring a fan game I'm making in MV. If I had the permission to make the game a licensed game that I could sell (rather than having it totally free like fan games are required to be), I'd use a really cool anti-piracy screen...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghact