RMVXA Soulstice

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by Shinma, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Shinma

Shinma Lurker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

[​IMG]

Game Synopsis:
    Soulstice takes place within the multiverse of Nada. After some dangerous new creatures appear in their world, four friends travel together to unravel the mystery of where they came from and why they are here. As they progress through their journey they slowly begin to regain memories that had somehow mysteriously vanished from their minds. The further they progress and the more they explore their surroundings, the quicker these memories seem to flood their minds.

While the questions of these memories rage on, the friends focus on the task at hand; ridding the world of these new threats so life can return to normal, if that is even possible.

Game Features:

• A unique trade system built upon trade and crafting.

• 7 skill trees. 5 weapon trees (1h & Shield, 2handed, Dual Wielding, Ranged and Spellcasting) and 2 support trees (Leadership and First Aid) to completely customize your characters.

• Stats increase based on skills chosen to help fully realize your characters potential.

• 5-7 Hours of gameplay.

• 45 different enemy types, including bosses and mini-bosses.

• Over 40 maps spread across 6 areas.

Game Genre:

• RPG

Game Flavours:

• Comedy

• Fantasy

Download Link:
    Click here to download from itch.io.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Skill Trees:

In this shot Kenji has already learned skills from Spellcasting & First Aid. If you click on Learn Skills it will take you to the menu in which you can choose which tree to put points into.

[​IMG]

This image is after selecting Learn Skills. There are 7 skill trees to invest your points into. Since Dual Wield is selected you can see the skills available to learn in that tree (the points required and unlocking stages have been redone since this image, but it should provide a good basis). Each character is built from the ground up, none are shoehorned into any specific role.

[​IMG]

Credits:

Spoiler

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    dreamfall887 likes this.
  2. hardqueen

hardqueen Crazy Talker Veteran

First Language:
    Chinese
    Can you please provide a screenshot for your unique skill trees?

Shinma and hiromu656 like this.
  3. Shinma

Shinma Lurker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, Hardqueen. I have updated the post above with 2 new screenshots that showcase and explain the skill trees. Were you wanting to see each specific tree?

hardqueen likes this.
  4. Llareian

Llareian Jack of All Trades, Master of None Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Really cute game. Love your dialogue so much, and the story was really captivating.

You should probably change the estimated play time, though. I spent several hours with it. Maybe a speed run could happen in a half hour.

But I quit on Khayous' succubus form. She dishes out debilitating status effects to the whole party with nearly 100% success rate (even with two stacks of Adan's Blessing) every other turn, and kill-power attacks on the other turns. She does all the options as well, so you can't plan for it by giving the party a particular accessory. It might not be so bad if your full-restore item weren't bugged to only work on Shinma (no matter who you select, it targets Shinma), or if the resurrection item would restore a higher % of max hp. But the resurrection item is basically worthless (the party member will be dead again before they can act). And the panacea doesn't cure stun, which I think is a pretty big oversight. While I think it's technically POSSIBLE to beat her, I used up most of my high-level items before the third guardian appeared (which was the catalyst to quitting, because Khayous can restore all her HP in the amount of time it takes me to deal with the guardian). I think the worst part about it was that all the other bosses were almost a little too easy, and then Khayous is just...near impossible. I was having fun with her for a little while (a challenge is nice!) but yeah, those status effects...too much.

So, problems:
    1) Full-restore item is bugged to only target Shinma (I had this problem with another item or skill as well, but can't remember which)
    2) Resurrection item is not powerful enough to be useful
    3) Panacea doesn't cure stun.
    4) Mage ring is TOO powerful, makes MP practically limitless except in the final fight with Khayous
    5) Khayous' succubus form uses all-party debilitating status effects too often, with too great a success rate
    + a few minor issues: missing spaces in skill action text, Apothe's dialogue "cancel" choice is set incorrectly, events that needed to have "direction fix" set on...

Overall feeling:
    1) This was a really fun game. I spent several hours with it and didn't get bored.
    2) I enjoyed the atmosphere. You really succeeded in making what I felt to be a unique setting.
    3) I loved the dialogue. The characters all have distinct personalities, and the dialogue is genuinely fun.
    4) Great job overall!

Shinma likes this.
  5. Shinma

Shinma Lurker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for such incredible feedback! I really appreciate it. I have looked into the issues above and fixed them. If you would like to try to complete the game, I have updated the link to the newest version.

I am glad you liked it, and once more, thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! =^.^=

Updates:
    1. Vial of Adaptovine was set to one ally, but had the ability to resurrect with full life, aside from its other restorative properties. Since it was not set to One Ally (dead), it would not let you choose a fallen ally. I have changed the item to remove all negatives and fully restore all living allies instead.

2. Resurrection Tincture has increased to revive with 30% health instead of 10%.

3. Panacea now removes stun.

4. Mage’s Ring now restores 33% less mana.

5. Khayous’ Final form now waits 2 additional turns before inflicting debilitating statuses.

o Found and corrected the missing spaces​

o I double checked and cannot find where Apothe’s “Cancel” is set incorrectly. If you know where you are in the game, I can load a save from there and check.​

o Double checked most events for direction fix and believe I found the culprits.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  6. HeroLite

HeroLite stinky weirdo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    hey, this looks really cool! i'm gonna have to check it out later for sure :rwink:

Shinma likes this.
  7. Shinma

Shinma Lurker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks, I hope you enjoy it!

8. BinaryToast

BinaryToast Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Hey! Just downloaded your game and gonna check it out over the weekend, however I noticed one thing: The file (about 400ish megabytes) contains what looks like another Soulstice.exe with roughly half the size. Could it be that you included the actual game extractor within the game extractor by accident or is this thing needed for something?

Anyway, have a great weekend, looking forward to a gaming session. :)

Shinma likes this.
  9. Shinma

Shinma Lurker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I will look into that, thank you for pointing it out!

I hope you enjoy the play through!