Soulxregalia's Cathedral System (from Log Horizon)

Venjjeance

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello,
A bit late to in the game with getting into RPG Maker MV. Currently working on a game that was going to have a respawn system and I happened across Soulxregalia's Cathedral System which sounded exactly like what I wanted to do. Unfortunately the site seems to be dead now and the only downloads came from there as well.

I wanted to check if anyone has a copy of it that may be able to provide the file(s) for it.

Much appreciate it!

Sauteed_Onion

Mmm Tasty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think Soulxregalia was SoulPour777 or something like that, and they are basically somebody who took scripts and plugins from Moghunter (I think?) and sold them as their own work. This has pretty much led to people not openly distributing his work. It's a shame, because the Thomas Edison plug in looked good to me and I wanted to use it, but I have abandoned any desire to do so after hearing all of that. I hope this information helps. Meow.

Venjjeance

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ohh yeah, I have seen the name SoulPour777 attached as well. I wasn't aware they were bootlegging other peoples work.
This is very unfortunate and I would have to agree with your sentiment. Thank you for the information, I wouldn't want to use such content in that manner either.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The fact that he's been sort of witchhunted even till present days have led him to remove his plugins from existence as well as far as I know and move on. So we won't see his plugins anymore.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
"Witchhunted?" Sorry, once proven a plagiarizer, you'll get no trust from anyone with good sense. Your stolen code becomes their stolen code within their project, and as such, a liability. Hard pass.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's really sort of Witchhunted, as the term said. Because once a witch is proven doing bad for peeps, every other witch gets the bad reputation. In this case, one (or two) of his script(s) proven plagiarized. All other his works gets the same reputation regardless if it's legit or not. Maybe, this one is also plagiarized or so. Other peeps who knows nothing (about scripting) can only trust any information they heard. Which it makes sense if they don't trust him (and you shouldn't trust him if you want to be safe).

Witchhunt aside, maybe it's best to explain (in detail) what sort of plugin you want. Respawn system?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheoAllen it was more than one or two scripts, and it was also the way he tried to lie himself out. For example mog dug up proof that he had been banned on a different site for credit theft three years before trying it here, and then soul claimed to have solved his problem with mog, but was unable to get mog to confirmthat claim (probably never talked to mog).

But yes, some of his scripts or Plugins might have been original but we could never be sure ...

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
To be fair, I won't deny if more than two scripts proven as I don't really know the detail. I just defending the term 'witchhunt' which pretty much it's like most of people do. But as a fellow coder, I also helped him to solve his coding problem in the past. So I personally would never spread the hate apart from telling people that he's banned here and they will get no support on his scripts.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
You're not really going to find hate here. But you do need to be aware that the current usage of the term "witch hunt" (and frankly, it's been that way for some time, just moreso these days) tends to mean "unfairly persecuted." That's really not the case, here. What you'll get here is the lack of support for them, and the reminder that using them may be not good for your project, as some of the contents may be plagiarized. Once you use it, the fault shifts to you and your project. It's just not good for anyone. :\

Countyoungblood

Sleeping Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You're not really going to find hate here. But you do need to be aware that the current usage of the term "witch hunt" (and frankly, it's been that way for some time, just moreso these days) tends to mean "unfairly persecuted." That's really not the case, here. What you'll get here is the lack of support for them, and the reminder that using them may be not good for your project, as some of the contents may be plagiarized. Once you use it, the fault shifts to you and your project. It's just not good for anyone. :\
Yes because everyone is saying witch hunt all the time and it has a clearly defined meaning and its insulting if you stray from it.

Couldnt hardpass this goober post but dont witch hunt me over it. Im going to go witch hunt a snack.

Sauteed_Onion

Mmm Tasty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know exactly what happened to it but I came across a thread similar to a sticky thread in the resources sub forum that has some black listed assets but I think it had a list of js plug in authors and little snippets of testimony and verification. I tried to find it but couldn't. Sorry if I'm taking the thread off topic, but I don't think talking about witch hunting's various meanings is much on point either.
Suffice it to say at the OP, there are a few notorious plug in distributors around. Just something to keep a meows up about.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Countyoungblood Not amusing. Not clever. Just rude.
Maybe you could try and work in a bit of civility from time to time, if that's not innovative for you.

Countyoungblood

Sleeping Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Countyoungblood Not amusing. Not clever. Just rude.
Maybe you could try and work in a bit of civility from time to time, if that's not innovative for you.
If somebody is chopping up albinos and the town decides to hunt the witch its a witch hunt.

If the oddball on the edge of town that yells at his crops gets blamed for the bad harvest and the town decides to hunt the witch its a witch hunt.

Expressing my opinion doesnt need to be amusing or clever to a volunteer like yourself in order to be valid.

Just drop it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Countyoungblood a "witchhunt" usually means that someone innocent is hunted.
But soulpour was not innocent - it has been proven beyond doubt that he copied a script from moghunter, changed only cosmetic parts (like which symbols to use for commented divider lines) and replaced moghunters (c)-sequence with his own, even demanding payment for commercial use of that script to him. And all that without changing a single space in the programming code itself (in fact it was that his script used the same extremely strange data structure that moghunter used that pointed to the credit theft in the first place.

And then he tried to lie about it several times, including a claim that he had cleared everything with moghunter but being unable to proof that he even mailed any comment to moghunter.

so how can it be a witchhunt if we inform people about proven credit theft?
Especially considering that the credit theft happened and was proven on several occasions?

Countyoungblood

Sleeping Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Countyoungblood a "witchhunt" usually means that someone innocent is hunted.
But soulpour was not innocent - it has been proven beyond doubt that he copied a script from moghunter, changed only cosmetic parts (like which symbols to use for commented divider lines) and replaced moghunters (c)-sequence with his own, even demanding payment for commercial use of that script to him. And all that without changing a single space in the programming code itself (in fact it was that his script used the same extremely strange data structure that moghunter used that pointed to the credit theft in the first place.

And then he tried to lie about it several times, including a claim that he had cleared everything with moghunter but being unable to proof that he even mailed any comment to moghunter.

so how can it be a witchhunt if we inform people about proven credit theft?
Especially considering that the credit theft happened and was proven on several occasions?
The guilt of the accused is irelevant to the action being a witch hunt. To witch hunt means to search out and harrass somebody. The reason FOR the witch hunt is guilt. What is normally associated with a witch hunt does not actually attach to what it means to perform a witch hunt.

Countyoungblood

Sleeping Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And none of this has anything to do with the request, so please drop it and get back on topic.
You're right, thank you for acting for the good of the thread while remaining a good example yourself. Not everyone can do that.

Venjjeance

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Well, seeing as I hadn't previously know this prior to the request I'm not really interested in obtain openly plagiarized content as such.
I will be happy coming up with an alternate solution.

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Venjjeance Can you describe what the plugin was supposed to do? I think that people could help you find an alternative(s)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For anyone who has uploaded a game to Steam and wonders if they actually check your game's build when you first upload it, I can personally vouch for Steam.
6 more towns to make in my game. SIX. not done with interiors yet but SIX EXTERIORS.
what to do when you come across a person that has stated "What if I say, f*** their EULA? I could probably get away with it." concerning asset packs sold here... on this site ...
So a guy enters in a bar and walks up to the counter. He looks the bartender with a mysterious look and asks him...
I've wondered for a while now... what is it about the YED SV plugin that just doesn't do transformations... I feel it's how it looks up the battlers honestly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Galewings