Last edited by a moderator:

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
so it's also not fix the Bug with the sound inside the editor I guess? but I will test it later

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The first link is broken.

Ok I put them in order on a new project and it seems to work. Once you get the "Now Loading" screen, the music kicks in without breaking the immersion.    

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
The title screen is the same as ever.

But when loading a map and using Play BGM it kicks straight into it without a moments delay.

Thanks! <3

Sereth

Degibeta Team
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So much better. I'll take a short loading screen over an empty space in the music.

astracat111

Astra Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks guys this worked wonderfully! It also solved a problem I was having in where a sound wouldn't play twice on my phone. 

Thanks again!!

Shin Kitsune

KITSUNE Game Design
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG/SPA
Primarily Uses
 I had tried this before. While it fixed the issue mostly, it didn't fix it in certain situations like the battle music

Ringtale Games

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Im just..................

Confused as to why they didn't check this bug wayyyyyyyyyyy before release.

zharth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sigh. I followed the steps exactly in the first post, and there's no difference at all for me with the plugins or without. I'm still getting a delay for the BGMs at the title screen and after the map loads.

Edit: Looked like there was something wrong with the Preload Manager file I downloaded, so I used an older one I already had. Now there's a loading screen before the map loads, but I still get the song playing a split second before the loading screen switches over to the map, which is jarring. Plus the title screen music is still delayed as usual. I can't believe MV shipped with this bug. It's driving me crazy.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
It's not a bug. It's delay when loading files due to Asynchronous programming. Ace and below were written in C while MV is not. In order to fix this issue you need to preload the audio files/image files/etc. Even AAA games have Now Loading Screens. Preload Manager and this method only helps lessen the loading but there is no way to fix the 'lag' at all unless your PC is faster than what it is now.

zharth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't mean to be difficult. You can say it's a feature instead of a bug, but I find it incredibly distracting, and it's not a problem I ever had with VX Ace. Sometimes progress isn't the same thing as evolution.

Edit: Let me say a little more. I understand if not having load screens is asking for too much, but at the very least the video and the audio needs to be synced. Anything less appears unprofessional. Everybody says the delay is an inevitable symptom of the very way in which the program is coded. That the BGMs are too long to cache on the fly. Basically that means that the BGMs are unusable out of the box. I'm concerned that this emphasis on mobile gaming is turning this program from a tool for ambitious fans to create retro RPGs into one to build popular Google Play Apps. It's the developers' prerogative if that's their aim, especially if it makes them more money. But perhaps they should change the program's name to App Maker, and spare us retro RPG fans some disappointment.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
If I set the sample rate to 192000 Hz, I get an issue with the sound, set it to 44100 hz, the sound is normal.

KisaiTenshi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Im just..................

Confused as to why they didn't check this bug wayyyyyyyyyyy before release.

Because it's not a bug? Different distributions call for different solutions. Preloading is mostly unnecessary if it's run from the local disk and the files are of appropriate length.

If I set the sample rate to 192000 Hz, I get an issue with the sound, set it to 44100 hz, the sound is normal.

Node-webkit doesn't support setting the sample rate

Ringtale Games

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Because it's not a bug? Different distributions call for different solutions. Preloading is mostly unnecessary if it's run from the local disk and the files are of appropriate length.

Node-webkit doesn't support setting the sample rate

Perhaps i misspoke and called it a bug. But it's definitely something that makes little sense when the program is marketed as a tool that beginners can use. VX ACE is considered inferior, yet it was able to play very large music files lickity split.

It's caused enough issue to warrant multiple topics posted about it, and a few scripts having to be introduced just to restore normal functionality, so, but or not, it still doesn't seem reasonable to have not looked into it before release and at least offering some options.

KisaiTenshi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Perhaps i misspoke and called it a bug. But it's definitely something that makes little sense when the program is marketed as a tool that beginners can use. VX ACE is considered inferior, yet it was able to play very large music files lickity split.

It's caused enough issue to warrant multiple topics posted about it, and a few scripts having to be introduced just to restore normal functionality, so, but or not, it still doesn't seem reasonable to have not looked into it before release and at least offering some options.

I think you're mis-identifying the problem. The problem for anyone experiencing a problem with the sound is one of below:

a ) They're trying to use audio on a device that doesn't support it (eg Android prior to 4.4.4)

b ) They're trying to use too long of an audio file (there's really no excuse to load a music track longer than one minute if it's just a loop anyway)

c ) They're trying to use a significantly weak device (eg a netbook or tablet) and it's not the audio but the lack of cpu+gpu power.

Previous versions of RPG Maker didn't have to deal with an entire web browser layer, but previous versions were limited to Windows because they invoked Windows API calls (eg the font rendering in all versions of RPG Maker uses the windows native font rendering, and as a result Japanese versions don't work on English Windows.) So there are actually much more drawbacks to previous versions of RPG Maker. The system requirements are actually a little too steep I find, but that's more a fault of Node-webkit, since javascript will all run in the main thread anyway, and that's why audio ends up stuttering. But previous versions of RPG Maker also were effectively single threaded as well. However they also didn't make use of the GPU, or at least not the same way WebGL/OpenGL would.

The only thing I'd really say is "broken" with MV is the rendering frame rate sync, since a device with >60hz would run faster than it should, and a weak device that can't hit 60fps would run slower than required.

But as for the audio, that's pretty much by design. You either stream the audio if it's a long file, or you load the audio you wish to loop into memory and have it all decompressed and ready to play (which is what MV does for everything.) If you're doing it over the network you probably want to preload it first. If you have a SSD you will not notice anything from preloading. 

Ringtale Games

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I think you're mis-identifying the problem. The problem for anyone experiencing a problem with the sound is one of below:

a ) They're trying to use audio on a device that doesn't support it (eg Android prior to 4.4.4)

b ) They're trying to use too long of an audio file (there's really no excuse to load a music track longer than one minute if it's just a loop anyway)

c ) They're trying to use a significantly weak device (eg a netbook or tablet) and it's not the audio but the lack of cpu+gpu power.

Previous versions of RPG Maker didn't have to deal with an entire web browser layer, but previous versions were limited to Windows because they invoked Windows API calls (eg the font rendering in all versions of RPG Maker uses the windows native font rendering, and as a result Japanese versions don't work on English Windows.) So there are actually much more drawbacks to previous versions of RPG Maker. The system requirements are actually a little too steep I find, but that's more a fault of Node-webkit, since javascript will all run in the main thread anyway, and that's why audio ends up stuttering. But previous versions of RPG Maker also were effectively single threaded as well. However they also didn't make use of the GPU, or at least not the same way WebGL/OpenGL would.

The only thing I'd really say is "broken" with MV is the rendering frame rate sync, since a device with >60hz would run faster than it should, and a weak device that can't hit 60fps would run slower than required.

But as for the audio, that's pretty much by design. You either stream the audio if it's a long file, or you load the audio you wish to loop into memory and have it all decompressed and ready to play (which is what MV does for everything.) If you're doing it over the network you probably want to preload it first. If you have a SSD you will not notice anything from preloading. 
I fully understand why it does it (for the most part lol). And i agree with you, i just feel (in my opinion) that it was an odd choice that is very off putting for a lot of users. Especially when some average joe, just picking this up to make something for his friends, is gonna be totally lost when trying to fix the issue and not look like a fool when he shares his game and all the music takes forever.

I have one of the higher end surface pro 4's, and the lag hits hard even on a published game, even with a preload manager. I couldn't even imagine it on a lower end machine.  I just find it, well, mostly just really inconvenient.

ALSO: I do apologize if i seemed grumpy, i notice that i tend to sound stand off-ish when typing lol. My bad!

Bicept

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
THANK YOU! My audio issue has been solved.

Excelsior

Self-Proclaimed Mastermind
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How are you supposed to enter the plugin from the second link? It's just code. Not a "download" button in sight.

Edit:Nevermind

Laurent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
These scripts doesn't work with some PC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was doing forge runs on D2 with my wife last night, and singing like a leprechaun to annoy her XD. I was calling it 'The Farge'
Is i possible too make a weapon have a chance of using a skill?
Can the Eternal Dreamers finish off the final boss? We'll see!
Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harway