Sound effect on show text

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by leoroura, Nov 16, 2018.

1. leoroura

leoroura Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello everyone! It's me again. Boi do i ask a lot of questions.
    So this time it's about an old issue (or so it seems from the google searches i've made)...
    I'm looking for a "voice" on speech system, pretty much like undertale's. (You know, when a text line from a certain character comes in, a SE with a speed and pitch plays to simulate voice).
    I have tried Galv's so far, but it's not exactly what i was looking for. The plugin works, but i want one that plays the SE every character that appears, and also wont play whenever there is an empty space (&nbsp, i use this to center text because there is no text centering in rpgmaker).

If anyone has an idea, i would really appreciate it... Thanks in advance!

2. RetroExcellent

RetroExcellent Pixelated Avatar of Chaos Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    leoroura likes this.
  3. gstv87

gstv87 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    it might be as easy as just adding the call to play the SFX at the end of the loop, and adding a jump to the next loop before it, if the character being processed is a space.

processing text is an iteration of "print character", along the entirety of characters of the sequence.
    print, check for space, move on if not space and play sound, jump if space and not play sound.

seriously, it is *that* simple.

leoroura likes this.
  4. leoroura

leoroura Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So let me see if i get this straight... You can have a script call in the middle of the show text so it will jump the empty spaces...? Or what is it you're implying :asad:

edit: keep in mind i have little knowledge on JS. >.<

Thanks for the responses!

5. gstv87

gstv87 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    no, you add a couple of lines to the processing loop that deals with printing each character.
    you add *a check for the character being processed*, and *if the character is a space*, *a jump*, and if not, *the call for the sound effect*
    first you have to find the main process dealing with that, then find the proper instruction for a sound effect, and find the instruction for an iteration skip.
    the check is easy: if (condition) {action;} else {action;} end;

all programs are reuses and reiterations of basic structures.... here you need a *check*, a *jump*, and a *call out*, within a *loop*.