SecretSigil

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This request is a bit outside the norm but if there's anyone good at sound design or making music I've been trying to replicate this sort of sound for a small ghost creature of mine with no luck so far. By that I mean the higher pitched ghost on the right:

It's for these small little will-o-the-wisp like spirits. I already have a sprite for them made but the post wouldn't let me add them, these are very cat-like so they purr and chirp a lot when they're happy and hiss when scared or angry. Anyway if someone could help me with this little detail I'd really appreciate it!

Whispers_Will_O_Wisps SM.png

spillycup

resident cutiepie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i'll see if i can give it a shot! could you list down which sound effects you need, specifically?

(also i frickin' love this video)

SecretSigil

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
i'll see if i can give it a shot! could you list down which sound effects you need, specifically?

(also i frickin' love this video)
Thanks! And oops, sorry, I thought I did say which ones but I should have made it clearer. My bad! So here are the sounds I'm looking for:
  1. Happy sound (default chirp or cooing)
  2. Purr sound (it's ok if you can't do this one, I can always try to make a cat sound more ghostly)
  3. Scared/Sad sound
  4. Angry sound (sort of like a growl or hiss but I might try to change the pitch of some of my cat sound effects)
  5. Attention sound (I didn't list this one before but I could use a sound for them calling out for someone to follow if you can manage.)
Hope that helps! And yes, I love the singing ghost videos and they sound just like I picture my wisps sounding with the sort of musical whistling.

spillycup

resident cutiepie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i looked through your list and i tried to include everything you specified, as well as some other stuff. there should be a total of 12 .ogg files in the zip. just tell me if i missed anything or if i got anything wrong

edit: i’ll send it to you via conversation

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Lately I have been taking a break from game and resource making so I won't get burnt out. But I am also interested in the Game Jams this site periodically holds. It'd be great if I knew when the next one, if any, is planned.
elexy 1.2.pngSome bust art to be cropped and cleaned. May use in special decision moments. Depending on how it looks in game I may cut it.
Tiamat-86 wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
apparently since its turning 15 years old this year the ps3 is considered "retro". now how old do you feel?
guess that means im an "antique" gamer since ill still play games as old as i am.
"you know your getting old when your childhood console changes ethnicity" lol it turned yellow
I'm making Toilet in Wonderland 2. and tell vinny about it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eungi