SecretSigil

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This request is a bit outside the norm but if there's anyone good at sound design or making music I've been trying to replicate this sort of sound for a small ghost creature of mine with no luck so far. By that I mean the higher pitched ghost on the right:

It's for these small little will-o-the-wisp like spirits. I already have a sprite for them made but the post wouldn't let me add them, these are very cat-like so they purr and chirp a lot when they're happy and hiss when scared or angry. Anyway if someone could help me with this little detail I'd really appreciate it!

Whispers_Will_O_Wisps SM.png

spillycup

resident cutiepie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i'll see if i can give it a shot! could you list down which sound effects you need, specifically?

(also i frickin' love this video)

SecretSigil

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
i'll see if i can give it a shot! could you list down which sound effects you need, specifically?

(also i frickin' love this video)
Thanks! And oops, sorry, I thought I did say which ones but I should have made it clearer. My bad! So here are the sounds I'm looking for:
  1. Happy sound (default chirp or cooing)
  2. Purr sound (it's ok if you can't do this one, I can always try to make a cat sound more ghostly)
  3. Scared/Sad sound
  4. Angry sound (sort of like a growl or hiss but I might try to change the pitch of some of my cat sound effects)
  5. Attention sound (I didn't list this one before but I could use a sound for them calling out for someone to follow if you can manage.)
Hope that helps! And yes, I love the singing ghost videos and they sound just like I picture my wisps sounding with the sort of musical whistling.

spillycup

resident cutiepie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i looked through your list and i tried to include everything you specified, as well as some other stuff. there should be a total of 12 .ogg files in the zip. just tell me if i missed anything or if i got anything wrong

edit: i’ll send it to you via conversation

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Still alive! Totally did not finish in time for the Jam (boy that's late) but tl;dr of the last half a year is Work term -> Covid Lockdown -> Sick... again -> Full time Employment. Game stuff has been on hiatus but got a new graphics tablet so hopefully updates again soon. =D
Going on hiatus. Won't be back until mid October.:LZSoops:
Just read the English lyrics for Despacito. Ramen aint innocent no more! :kaodes:
Well today was blown away with nothing to show for it. I made a new character to my game who I was going to have a protection mechanic where he protects my main character randomly unless it's a critical, and no matter what, to check if an attack received will be critical, means checking the apply method. This means rewriting the entire method and I refused to do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luizg156