Sound Emitting Events

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by bladedvoid, Jan 5, 2017.

1. bladedvoid

bladedvoid Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello. I am developing a cutscene for my game in RMMV, and I think that having this simple script could not only make the cutscene 10x better, but it would also be useful in other areas of the game.

I found what I was looking for... in a 4 year old topic, for VX Ace, here.

Essentially, it would allow me to (if I was using VX Ace) play a BGS emitting from an event that gets louder depending on how close the player is relative to it. The volume is based on the distance between the player and the event. This is useful for approaching rivers, NPCs, lava, fire... etc.

The syntax for what the script user could be something similar to that old one's... a command, accompanied by variables for:

1. how loud the BGS is when the player is directly on top of the sound-emitting event;

2. the pitch of the BGS; and

3. the range of how far away from the event the player has to be to hear the BGS.

I imagine this simple formula would account for the range vs volume:

Volume at player position = Maximum volume specified in script command / Range specified

and I think there would have to be some rounding, as RMMV probably doesn't accept decimals or anything that isn't an interval of 5 as the volume of the BGS.

Excuse my bad photo-editing skills, but here's a diagram.

Thanks in advance!

edit: this has been discontinued (I assume), seems to only work with .m4a, and makes my BGM sound like it desperately needs to be rescued.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2017
  2. bladedvoid

First Language:
    English
    Bump

3. Antera

Antera Villager Member

First Language:
    EN & FR
    Bump too

bladedvoid likes this.
  4. bladedvoid

First Language:
    English
    Bump... I still need this and it would be extremely helpful for ambient effects...

5. LxCharon

LxCharon I'm the best hyperbole writer in the world. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV