Sound file editing?

Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
Please forgive me if this is the incorrect forum, but I’m looking for a little bit of sound help. I’m working with some sound effect files, but the base sound effects are too soft.

I want to make the sounds louder, so they fit the sound effects I’m already using in my game. That way turning the volume up doesn’t make these sound effects normal, and the others ear splittingly loud.

I already used Audacity’s amplify to make them louder, but it’s still not quite there. Is there anything else that can be done?

Last edited:

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Amplify more?
I don't understand what you mean by "still not quite there".

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Art, Literature and Music is for showcasing your work in those areas.

[move]Resource Support[/move]

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm not experienced but I know that Audacity is quite good for this sort of thing. I haven't played around in it for a while now so I don't remember if this will help, but sometimes in programs where you run filters for an effect if you save, close, and open it again you can run the filter a second time for an amplified effect.

Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
Amplify more?
I don't understand what you mean by "still not quite there".
@cabfe I’m saying the sound is louder after I amplified it in Audacity, but still not loud enough.

@Sharm I’ll try this!

Edit: unfortunately @Sharm this didn’t work. It seems like you can only Amplify the file once in Audacity.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Well I sure didn't know fans could overheat and die. Room fans.
Felt like I dodged a bomb, my project was fine right after I force resetted due to a crash as I have yet to start working on it today..... :kaoback:
I have no idea what to do with my evening. I was working on the next Slip into Ruby but I kinda want to do something else for a bit. But I have no idea what. Yay indecision!
I hope your life going smoothly. I wish you do not find difficulty today. It's time to take action. Wish everyone take a break from the usual emotional intensity of social media and simply enjoy the sunshine and light conversation with others. Take action when you see that things are flagging.
okay, i experimented with some more fonts, let me know if theyre easier to read and if you have a preference!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmateruYukitteru