Sound Issue

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello, I'm having issues with sound playing, when I load up someone already created game to play, no sound is playing. The game itself runs fine and the controls work as should. It just that no sound at all is playing which includes title screen/gameplay/BG music etc...

Anyone can help me solve this problem. I know awhile ago I didn't have this problem :/.

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
where is the game from, a friend? or a store?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
have you tried updating your sounddrivers?

If your sounddrivers are up-to-date, the most likely cause is a wrong setting in your windows sound settings for the primary soundcard.
Most modern computers have two soundcards included, the regular soundcard and a soundchip on the graphic card that is needed to include sound into a HDMI-output on that graphic card.

If your windows sound settings have that HDMI-Sound-Option selected as primary sound, a lot of older games and most non-DirectX-Games often cannot differ that and send their sound that way even if there is nothing connected there, ignoring the regular sound output where your speakers are connected (or the other way around if you have your HDMI connected but the regular soundcard set as primary).

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
have you tried updating your sounddrivers?

If your sounddrivers are up-to-date, the most likely cause is a wrong setting in your windows sound settings for the primary soundcard.
Most modern computers have two soundcards included, the regular soundcard and a soundchip on the graphic card that is needed to include sound into a HDMI-output on that graphic card.

If your windows sound settings have that HDMI-Sound-Option selected as primary sound, a lot of older games and most non-DirectX-Games often cannot differ that and send their sound that way even if there is nothing connected there, ignoring the regular sound output where your speakers are connected (or the other way around if you have your HDMI connected but the regular soundcard set as primary).
Yeah I messed with the sound a bit, its annoying me because everything else on my computer works that has sound. Such as Steam games/yotube/etc... But I cannot figure out why the RPG game not producing any sound.

where is the game from, a friend? or a store?
I got them from the Completed Games section in the forums.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In other news, my new computer is now ordered, and I'll have it in my hot little hands by the end of the week! CAN'T WAIT!!!
I've said my cat's name in such a baby-talk manner over the years, Biggs is now Biggoro, Bella is now Bellllyyaah, and somehow.....somehow Tessa is Sessashan
Did a massive ****up in my code that would have caused the game to crash on most computers and almost released an update without noticing it.
I keep thinking today is Thursday.
And I look forward to the next preview thread coming this afternoon.
And then I realise it's not Thursday at all.
And then I get sad :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr